Your Release Day Plans

Probably working, but I could never play the game again and be content. I'm just happy the saga lives on...

I'm debating if I want to do a live stream... I've never done this before but I would play the game with a friend who has never experienced the game before so i think that dynamic could be quite interesting, just wondering if it would be relevant to or not.

I wish I had the time off to play it, but I would be able to until that night.

What's your PhD program? I'm starting mine this month.
I'm finishing up an MSc in Science Communication. Dissertation is due next month and then I'm done.

Good luck on your PhD! :) What's your topic?

I am off work the whole week of the release and I hope the games will be delivered on Monday. This happens quite often when they ship it for release date, especially so close after a week-end. Some friends plan to visit me in the following days, but the plan is: play, play, play!

Thinking about a German stream at the moment, but it would just be a stream directly from the console. Not such an impressive and professional looking one, like the Dojo does ;)

I'm finishing up an MSc in Science Communication. Dissertation is due next month and then I'm done.

Good luck on your PhD! :) What's your topic?

Thank you! I hope you get through your defense. As for me, it's a PhD in Mass Media & Communication. I'm focusing on "Social Memory" and "Psychological Processing." Best put, I study how (and why) history (or memory of the past, in this case) is shaped through media representation (book, film, magazine, newspaper, television, etc.). Media create "collective" memory by using familiar mythical archetypes and narratives to help society understand the past as it relates to the present -- even the future.

might sound strange after not playing shenmue1/2 in about 9 years but im not desperate to buy it day1. i might grab it second hand after a few weeks.

why i haven't played the games in so long you ask, well i played them to death from 2000-2008, i felt only taking a long break i could recapture the magic/excitement of playing fresh..so were see if that works soon lol

(having said that, ive always viewed shenmue clips / music on youtube, so s1/2 has always been on my mind)

Last edited:
I'm debating if I want to do a live stream... I've never done this before but I would play the game with a friend who has never experienced the game before so i think that dynamic could be quite interesting, just wondering if it would be relevant to or not.

I'd watch the hell out of that!

I am busy on the day of the release and hoping my copy arrives a day earlier since I will be home. I will play it in September. My plan is to watch streams of the game

I still cant believe it. I don't buy many new games anymore, but this year has been the year that dreams come true. I have Shenmue remasters and a week later Fire Pro World. As far as Shenmue goes, Im doing the same thing on 8-21-18 that I did on 11-08-00. Play the shit out of it!

I'd watch the hell out of that!

Thanks :) I'm sort of looking into Twitch at the moment - I've set it up mostly and roped my friend into being there too :p So it should be all systems GO :) I'm kinda hoping that I get it a day early like I have on some pre-orders online because otherwise I'll only have 1 day to play it with him.

Unfortunately, around that time, I'm going on a five-day vacation over the bank holiday weekend, and then beyond that the game has to somehow fit into my work schedule too. Oh, to be a teenager again.

Then beyond that, there are likely to be other games getting released that I might like to play as well. But I will find time to play it, because I've not played the first Shenmue in so long. I'd love to wait until the winter time just to fit in with that setting, but I know I won't have the patience for that!

Back