What are you playing?

Just got the Platinum on SoR4. My fingers hurt !

117807019_10158341771030803_3744373653816833717_o.jpg

117606154_10158341771080803_6349947120252341325_o.jpg

I believe it was 1.01 because of the boss fights:

I fought Arnold, Spiderman, and Godzilla, but instead of Batman I fought a demon bat guy. I also think the flamethrower guys were generic soldiers and not Rambo. I'll see if I can find 1.00 and all its copyright infringement glory!

Agreed about the double jump. The timing did get me killed a few times, but on that jump you're talking about I think I was lucky to have missed it only twice. I had to actually practice it in Shinobi III because of the falling rock level. In my first playthrough I burned through all of my continues to a game over, so I must have died almost 10-15 times due to missing jumps. Once I got the hang of it I hardly missed the double jumps, but it is frustrating that there's only a small window where the double jump is available to trigger.

I'm curious to check out Shinobi on PS2. I remember it came out around the time of the Ninja Gaiden reboot, but since I only had Xbox at that time I ended up playing that instead. Shinobi is actually up on PSN for $10. These games may have given me a few ideas for topics to post here as well. ;)
Ah, nice. mine turned out to be 1.02, sadly.

I guess jumping off the box with the 1up in it, in Chinatown, makes the jump fairly simple, but there's no way I'm passing on a 1up for an easier jump. The jump that really bothers me in that game is the one in the harbor though.

The last few levels of Shinobi on the PS2 are kind of like if almost the entire stage were that harbor jump in RoS repeated over and over again.

I remember the falling rocks in Shinobi III being fairly challenging, but I don't remember having any issues with the double jump in that game. I guess there's still a bit of a timing window for it, but it felt way more natural to me. I had difficulty more with the spacing of the falling rocks, and enemy placement. Nothing like scaling the building with the sliding laser turrets in RoS, though.

Revenge is my favourite of the Shinobi games, with Shinobi III and the two Game Gear games snapping at it's heels. The soundtracks are so good. I found Shinobi III a lot harder than Revenge though - that platform section near the end where you have to time jumps to get through the maze gives me sweaty palms just thinking about it (and that tension building music that plays doesn't help) When I was a kid I got this cart with my Mega Drive II at christmas:

mega-games-2-mega-drive-1.jpg

What a way to be introduced to some of Sega's classic games ! I still own this cart even after I sold the majority of my Mega Drive games off over a decade ago. The best pack-in of all time for me - I've finished all three games countless times over nearly 30 years.

as i waste too much of my life on it, ive deleted cod warfare from my ps4 ( for the 50th time) and i'm playing crash bandicoot( ps4). its a good game but i remember it being easier on the ps1 lol

Played COD almost exclusively from 2007 through 2014. I even played a couple of months competitively w/ the MLG. The game has morphed into something different. Activision is to blame for this, IMO. Once Treyarch came into the picture, despite Blops 1, 2, and 3 being good games, this set the tone for how Activision viewed the franchise and Infinity Ward. Modern Warfare 2, to me, was the last quality game, minus Blops 3. But, the issue was that they ruined the game w/ death streaks, nub tubes, and massive in-game handicaps for assisting lower-skilled players. MW3 was one of the worst FPS games I've ever played and I remember how pissed I was playing that game. At one point I tagged someone's hitbox 8 times w/ the M16 and they still lived (3/4 of the hits were through a wall, but still...) and I realized this franchise was no longer designed for quality players and instead marketed for younger kids to feed Activision's lust for money and prioritizing their growth of userbase over the quality of in-game integrity. Don't even get me started on their fetish for microtransactions. When I heard the core of IW was leaving the franchise and making a new game (Titanfall) I was ecstatic. Never looked back, either.

Ok, rant over. Sorry for rambling...the damn game stole many years from me, though it was worth it in the beginning.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 Demo (PS4) -- A few minor nitpicks aside, it's about as close as it could have got to the original games. Which is a GOOD thing considering the floaty THPS HD and the painfully abysmal THPS 5. It looks like Tony Hawk. Plays like Tony Hawk. But most importantly, FEELS like Tony Hawk (or as close as it could come). Thank crap they got it right!

Quake III Arena (PC) -- Since I moved back to a more traditional PC setup (Keyboard, mouse and desk) I've really been enjoying going back to some classic PC shooters with the keyboard and mouse. Been playing some Quake III Arena. Love it. Have loved it ever since I played it on the Dreamcast with the DC Keyboard and Mouse.

51 Clubhouse Games (Switch) -- Been playing a TON of Mahjong Richi and Koi Koi onlline. One of my favourite games of the year. I'm a sucker for tabletop games.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 Demo (PS4) -- A few minor nitpicks aside, it's about as close as it could have got to the original games. Which is a GOOD thing considering the floaty THPS HD and the painfully abysmal THPS 5. It looks like Tony Hawk. Plays like Tony Hawk. But most importantly, FEELS like Tony Hawk (or as close as it could come). Thank crap they got it right!

Quake III Arena (PC) -- Since I moved back to a more traditional PC setup (Keyboard, mouse and desk) I've really been enjoying going back to some classic PC shooters with the keyboard and mouse. Been playing some Quake III Arena. Love it. Have loved it ever since I played it on the Dreamcast with the DC Keyboard and Mouse.

51 Clubhouse Games (Switch) -- Been playing a TON of Mahjong Richi and Koi Koi onlline. One of my favourite games of the year. I'm a sucker for tabletop games.

Is the demo for Tony Hawk 1+2 free on PS4 or Xbox One?? Or do you have to pre-order?

I'm about halfway through Trails of Mana (PS4). It's truly a 16-bit game remade in a 3D format. I never played the original but this game is actually very enjoyable. Super colorful and it has a positive vibe to it. No negativity to it what so ever. Even the monsters are cute. The action battle system is fun, and really fast from fight to fight. Just a little too easy on normal difficulty.

So far a pretty solid 7.5 I think. Maybe an 8.

If you like traditional JRPGs this one is highly recommended. Sadly they didn't remake Secret of Mana in this art style.
I pray for a remake of Chrono Trigger in this art style. That would be a dream. I have a feeling that it's actually on its way.
Hope I'm right!

Everybody Has Gone to the Rapture.

Was never interested in this game but curious about the setting. I've completed all my other games and this was on PlayStation Now so thought I'll give it a shot, especially after I played What Remains of Edith Finch which turned out to be one of my favourite games.

Starting my first play through of Horizon Zero Dawn for PS4. Hoping it'll be as great as Ghost of Tsushima or the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy.
No spoilers. I bought it just to see what my Pro could do in terms of graphics but instead I became very impressed by the game overall and couldn't put it down. I must say that it is one of the best games that I have played. Way beyond my expectations.
I haven't played Ghost of Tsushima. But when you're done with Horizon, you're free to let me know how they compare qualitywise as open world games.

No spoilers. I bought it just to see what my Pro could do in terms of graphics but instead I became very impressed by the game overall and couldn't put it down. I must say that it is one of the best games that I have played. Way beyond my expectations.
I haven't played Ghost of Tsushima. But when you're done with Horizon, you're free to let me know how they compare qualitywise as open world games.

I have heard mostly great things about Horizon, with a few people saying its a bit boring but nothing really straight up bad about it. I'm excited to dive into it! If you haven't played Ghost of Tsushima yet I'd highly recommend dropping anything else you're playing to dive into it, I'm not easily wowed by video games(especially in the last 15 years)but I haven't played a game as good as Ghost of Tsushima with possibly 1 or 2 exceptions(that are tied with Ghost for me)since Shenmue in 1999. If you have a 4K TV and PS4 Pro I can only imagine how great Ghost will look on it.

Decided to give Fall Guys a go as it’s free with PSN this month. Love the concept but hate the execution. Even so, it’s very more-ish.

I have heard mostly great things about Horizon, with a few people saying its a bit boring but nothing really straight up bad about it. I'm excited to dive into it! If you haven't played Ghost of Tsushima yet I'd highly recommend dropping anything else you're playing to dive into it, I'm not easily wowed by video games(especially in the last 15 years)but I haven't played a game as good as Ghost of Tsushima with possibly 1 or 2 exceptions(that are tied with Ghost for me)since Shenmue in 1999. If you have a 4K TV and PS4 Pro I can only imagine how great Ghost will look on it.
That sounds like a really good game! I will defenetly play it in the future. I try to avoid spoilers but the clips I've seen were graphically very impressive. I don't have a 4K TV. I'm from the 80's anyways so 1080p is still more than good enough for me. But I see your point. They release too many good games these days. I don't know what to start with. We all have limited time.
So when it comes to these larger world games I'm more picky. But it sounds very promising.

Horizon never felt boring to me but maybe a bit too long? I really took my time to play it and I also played the DLC-part. The battle-system is so satisfying by it self. Nearly perfect. Maybe some people don't like picking up objects, organizing them and so forth. Which is understandable. But the battles, the machines and the environments were (to me) amazing and everything felt so big. I think you will like it.
Just imagine what the sequel will look and feel like. Just wow.

That sounds like a really good game! I will defenetly play it in the future. I try to avoid spoilers but the clips I've seen were graphically very impressive. I don't have a 4K TV. I'm from the 80's anyways so 1080p is still more than good enough for me. But I see your point. They release too many good games these days. I don't know what to start with. We all have limited time.
So when it comes to these larger world games I'm more picky. But it sounds very promising.

Horizon never felt boring to me but maybe a bit too long? I really took my time to play it and I also played the DLC-part. The battle-system is so satisfying by it self. Nearly perfect. Maybe some people don't like picking up objects, organizing them and so forth. Which is understandable. But the battles, the machines and the environments were (to me) amazing and everything felt so big. I think you will like it.
Just imagine what the sequel will look and feel like. Just wow.

I have a regular PS4 Slim and 27 inch 1080p TV so no 4K as well and I agree, when you grow up with black n white or a wooden TV that sat on the floor with knobs, 1080p is sufficient lol. I don't play games much(didn't touch them between 2007 and 2019), so little in fact I put the TV in the closet when I'm not using it but Ghost Of Tsushima still looks great on a 1080p display by all means. The artistry is amazing and the game overall has a very Shenmue vibe(not basing it on the Asian backdrop, more so about the spiritual journey, the character development and the beautiful detail and artistry put into it. You can't miss this game! I prefer Xbox One overall(controller more than anything) so I sold a PS4 I bought for S3 and after beating Shenmue 3 once I saw the trailer for Tsushima I then ended up buying another one for myself just to play Tsushima and I'm definitely not disappointed in buying another PS4, so I figured I'd check out a few other PS4 exclusives while I've got it: so far I've played InFamous First Light(it was alright, interesting but nothing great) and Uncharted Lost Legacy(it was worth one play through, and was actually enjoyable unlike the other Uncharted games).

I'm roughly half way through the main story of Horizon Zero Dawn(Just confronted Olin) and so far I have mixed feelings: I love Aloy, she's the main redeeming quality of the game so far, the graphics are beautiful and the world itself is beautiful but I'm not liking the story too much so far. It feels fairly flat compared to some of the great games like Shenmue, Tsushima and Tomb Raider reboot. I'm not into the machines as enemies(especially when I'm hours in and have no idea what their origin is or why), the human enemies aren't too interesting and the whole concept of the "chosen people" just isn't doing it for me so far. I hope this will change in the second half of the story. Wanting to learn more about Aloy and the beautiful world shes in are really the only reason I'm continuing with the adventure for now. It's not a bad game by any means, I guess I just expected it to be a little more fleshed out and detailed this far into the story. It's still better than 90% of the other video game garbage I've played that was released in the last 20 years though. I'll let you know what I think once I finish it :)

Also, there is a trailer for Horizon sequel out already if you didn't already know. Youtube Horizon Forbidden West for PS5.

Last edited:
Officially gave up on Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Took a wrong turn or something, got lost and simply couldn't be bothered. Now watching the ending on YouTube.

Anyone else play this game?

Officially gave up on Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Took a wrong turn or something, got lost and simply couldn't be bothered. Now watching the ending on YouTube.

Anyone else play this game?
I did. Thought it was ok. But of a walking simulator but some nice story moments in it.

Have played better and worse games tbf. It's quite nice walking around the English countryside Haha

I did. Thought it was ok. But of a walking simulator but some nice story moments in it.

Have played better and worse games tbf. It's quite nice walking around the English countryside Haha
I got more into the setting than the actual story. Walking around the countryside was pretty cool, the music and sound is also amazing; despite being constantly day time, I was always on the edge that there was a jump scare around the corner. Part of me wants to complete it but as it's literally just walking and I'm not paying too much attention to the conversations, I thought I'd save myself time and read the plot on Wikipedia and watch the ending on YouTube.

What Remains of Edith Finch is probably classified as a walking simulator but that had quite a lot of gameplay. As soon as I can afford it I'll get Ghost of Tsushima.

For some reason not completing this game was bugging me all night. Downloaded it again this morning, spent 30 minutes wondering around and finally got back on track. Played it for 2-3 hours more and just completed it. Very interesting setting, fantastic music but I'm glad it's all over.

Back