What are you playing?

Is anyone here playing the latest Robocop game? At first, I wanted to get on the PS5 but then I heard that the PS5 version is not running that well. So I might get on the PC when it is on sale on Steam.

I am not very confident about the PC version though. I enjoyed the Demo a lot but it was also not running that well. My gaming laptop is not the newest but it is still not the slowest with it's Geforce 2070 mobile.

Looking at something that I was close to beating (so I could write a review) and lo and behold: Chu Chu Rocket! I hadn't beaten yet! :eek:

So I beat it yesterday. What a great party game, it is SO much fun.

i completed the main story of zelda totk (switch).

i imagine you could pretty much play this game for a really long time trying to complete all the tasks and mini boss battles but that's not really my thing. generally i just like the main stories to games and i have very little interest in grinding or side missions.

the story to zelda totk is really good, the ending is great, one part is quite emotional ( would be great if the ending to shenmue could match that section in tone) but i found the main boss fight very hard.. a bit too hard to the point where it nearly spoiled the whole game.

i have to be honest, i'm not very good at these zelda games. if i didn't have access to walkthroughs, i would never have been able to complete either of these games..but having said that, they are good games.

9/10

Last edited:
Not bad. Quite interesting and thought provoking especially for a game thats $7 full price. But the reality is without a conclusive ending that explains whats going on, it's hard to recommend. Very cool for an indie title that has a lot of potential to be something more than it is, but thats about it.

capsule_616x353.jpg

I had ordered the Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary game collection from Limited Run Games after they added the two Genesis games to the collection. Preorders stopped mid October and they stated, as usual, it would be 4-6 months until they shipped the product. Well, I got the e-mail from them that it's shipped and the package is either going to be delivered today or Monday.

So, my reaction is below:

omg-oh-my-gosh.gif

EDIT:
It came! o_O

Last edited:
Finished Last Window the other day. Really mixed feelings, mostly hinging on how it all played out in the end, despite generally really enjoying my time with it. Just that it canā€™t really be helped, comparing a lot of it to Hotel Dusk.

I do feel it is a bit more ā€œadultā€, not necessarily more mature in the same sense most people mean, but just the way in which Kyle is characterized, how he develops, and some of the themes and how events in the story take place. Those kinds of things, and the great music, are what I enjoyed most about the game.

Now, I wonā€™t say the characters are bad, but, I just donā€™t find any of them near about as compelling as most of the cast from the first game, unfortunately. That kind of went hand in hand with making some reveals a bit too obvious, and in turn that made it feel like the game was dragging on much longer than it really needed to be. Coupled with the fact that Cape West is just more boring to explore, not much added on as you go and without as much sense of mystery, it was a bit difficult to stay motivated the whole way through.

Something Iā€™m a bit more mixed on: the ratio of puzzles to evidence gathering or interrogation. I can appreciate we spend more time talking to the characters than doing often kind of absurd puzzles all the time - but then, that also kind of ****s with the pacing. There ought to have been a bit more to break up the constant back and forth of finding who to talk to next.

Despite my issues, Iā€™m still glad to have experienced it. Still hoping if the Another Code Recollection does well, it could mean some sort of remaster for these two games, too.

Also did a playthrough of A Link to the Past again, amazed at just how short it felt even with getting everything. Having gone through the Linkā€™s Awakening remake within the past few years, as well as the Oracles this past one, wellā€¦it still has that irrefutable feel of a classic, but I just did not enjoy it as much. Stylistically itā€™s great, would love for the pink hair to return one day too. But as far as the gameplay goes, maybe Iā€™m just rusty but later into the game it feels like the two invincibility items are almost a necessity - and thatā€™s coming from someone who found things like Nayruā€™s love and magic armor in later games entirely useless. It just doesnā€™t feel good to me to play anymore. That being said, I think this was the first time Iā€™ve managed to defeat the final boss without using all my bottles somehow. 16 deaths overall according to the credits, not my best but not bad.

So then I decided to pick up Majoraā€™s Mask again as well, after a bit of fumbling around with where Iā€™d left off. Seemingly pretty early in I guess. Right now Iā€™ve got near everything done up to getting Epona back. Always dread doing the aliens bit, itā€™s the one thing I just canā€™t shake off the nerves for whenever I do it for some reason. Maybe itā€™s the fact that aiming kind of sucks lol. So I got both quiver upgrades at leastā€¦thank god I realized thereā€™s save states on the Switch version, guess it makes up for lack of C buttons. Iā€™ve done pretty much everything in this game multiple times except for the annoying octorok archery, so Iā€™ve finally managed to do that now.

Lastly Iā€™ve been playing Earthbound. Tried it once before on the WiiU VC, think I kept dying to Frankā€™s robot. Iā€™ve seen plenty of playthroughs and speedruns but have never beaten it before, so I want to at least try. Iā€™ve just got the first melody thing, so now the police want to see me. My understanding is itā€™s a bit of a gauntlet so Iā€™m trying to grind off of mooks in the caves a bit.

Hopefully I can at least get most of it done before the part 2 DLC for pokemon comes out. Part 1, I enjoyed the story, characters, and music, but I feel the exploration was just not as good. Hopefully itā€™s better in this next one. After that I guess Iā€™ll get around to figuring out my top 10 games of this year before it ends.

i'm a few hours into star wars jedi survivor (ps5). it's a good game, im enjoying it.

ive not come across any bad bugs.

the performance mode which i believe is meant to be the worse of the 2 graphical settings, looks the best and really pops on screen but the character models look a little crappy.. on the flip side, the quality mode looks terrible but the character models look better.

Just completed yakuza kiwami and i liked it but i honestly think i liked the original ps2 version better as i found the majima evarywere feature just tedious and created loads of plot inconsistencies also im not so much into the multiple fighting styles feature i felt it just made fighting slightly more tedious. Like oh this enemy moves to fast switch to rush then bang bang bang can now beat him .... and thats about the level of "complexity " it added meh

But i did like it overall but i get the feeling id go back and play the original if i was to revisit in the future

Doese kiwami 2 add a majima evarywere equivalent if so i think ill pass lol

It does not and it is a better game than what was already a really good game on the PS2... but Kiwami 2's plot is just horrendous and I've talked about it enough, not going to do it again. How I've played through that game 3 times with that awful character Sayama, I have no idea.

As for me, I'm currently playing through Ryu ga Gotoku Gaiden and it is just as phenomenal as I hoped it would be: more thoughts by me (and others on here), in the RGG thread :)

It does not and it is a better game than what was already a really good game on the PS2... but Kiwami 2's plot is just horrendous and I've talked about it enough, not going to do it again. How I've played through that game 3 times with that awful character Sayama, I have no idea.

As for me, I'm currently playing through Ryu ga Gotoku Gaiden and it is just as phenomenal as I hoped it would be: more thoughts by me (and others on here), in the RGG thread :)
Iv not got that far in the yakuza franchise so far i have played 12345 0 of the end and kiwami 1 i think thus far 1. 2.0 and 5 are my faves . I think 3 and kiwami 1 and of the end are the lowest points for me which does not necessarily mea they are bad

They are great games but i do find of late when i play them that i get a bit burnt out on them towards the end and put off playing the next one for a good while after but do eventually do so

Also of late been playing tormented souls and air twister vut in regards to air twister im mainly turning it on to unlock fluffy stages

Im actually intrested in seeing the later yakuza games in which it turns into a turn bassed fight engine which completely makes senes to go that way as some of the endless fights in the earlier games get kind of monotonous after a bit and may as well ne turn bassed and considering i lost intrest in final fantasy games after 9 i suspect thosenewar yakuza games may very well scratch that ich

7 is the best game in the series (NOT because it becomes Turn-based, but because it is a wonderful sum of its parts), so you should definitely check it out.

You need to play 6 though, if you've gone through that many games thus far.

Oh i will whenni get to it down the line will do kiwami 2 and work my way up from there as the atory of 3 4 5 isnt as fresh in my mind as it was like 4 or 5 uears ago lol
7 is the best game in the series (NOT because it becomes Turn-based, but because it is a wonderful sum of its parts), so you should definitely check it out.

You need to play 6 though, if you've gone through that many games thus far.

A Highland Song - Fun but a bit jank. Surprise d it had been released so soon. Only played a couple hours, surprised as I hear it takes many people 5-6 hours. Had expected a more relaxing experience a la Spiritfarer, and there is a lot of that, but there are some Death Stranding/survival adjacent elements I wasnā€™t ready forā€¦which made my initial playthrough kinda bleh. Also didnā€™t help itā€™s not always clear whatā€™s in the foreground or can be traversed, leading to many times I felt trapped or accidentally fell to my death. Also didnā€™t realize it would be the sort of game where you play multiple times to get better endings. Will probably revisit in some time but kinda busy at the moment. Game really shines in music, voice acting, writing, general atmosphere and aesthetic, despite issues I had with it. Pretty good 7/10

Super Mario RPG remake - Never beat the original, furthest Iā€™d got was the sinker ship back on the Wii VC release. However, Iā€™ve watched a lot of LPs and speedruns. So itā€™s a bit hard to judge as my technical first time beating it. Overall I think itā€™s a pretty ideal remake stylistically, and I especially love the redone music, control options are neat as well. Only gripe is the UI, feels just too clean and almost generic to me compared to the original. Have the extra endgame stuff to do but will likely put that off as well for now. Replaying Paper Mario concurrently and I think I actually like this game better now, with just how it wastes less of your time and how the party works. 9/10

Metroid Fusion - Think Iā€™d played this up to the first SA-X encounter in the WiiU release and was too intimidated to go further. After playing through Dread, I was far more comfortable with itā€¦and after reading there was only really one required encounter, there was unfortunately far less tension. Even so, I still really enjoyed it, and find I miss sprite work of this quality. Music was great as well. Definitely a bit rigid structure to start, was a nice surprise as it kind of threw you for a loop later on but it just wasnā€™t enough. As fun as things like the movement were, always fun in 2D Metroid, I find a lot of the bosses kind of sucked, especially the last 3-4ā€¦maybe Dread spoiled me but these were just awful unfortunately. Would not have bothered if not for Switch savestates. Really unfortunate because otherwise it was a pretty fun game with good setting. Kinda wavering between 7-8/10

Having recently beat Star Ocean: The Second Story R, the next step is to face my gaming nemesis:
SO3PS5.JPG
Star Ocean (3): Till The End of Time... sucha fitting title as I have never been able to beat this damn game! The problem is late in the game enemies start attacking your MP - In this game if your MP reaches zero your character dies in battle... It is beyond infuriating and put me off the game multiple times now!

But I have said to myself this time I am finishing it for good! I'm about 16 hours in and the story is picking up. It has felt a little underwhelming for the most part, the game is big and has a budget but jsut something abotu t he games atmosphere is a little drab. I still like it though.

The combat is a bit of a problem. Beyond the zero MP sin the game struggles in battle as an action RPG. Problem is that you have to charge your Fury bar for attacks and often you can miss because an enemy is stuck in a recovery animation after getting off the ground or you attack and slightly miss an angle as the enemy moved out of range - It happens a lot and is troublesome. You also get a bonus bar which can be built up by attacking, when it peaks you can get bonus EXP/Money rewards but you can also have that reward taken away just as quickly - Training without the EXP boost just feels tedious.

Then there is the Item Creation... I've never experienced such a convoluted mechanics within a game ever. You can craft items, food, components, weapons etc. via menus. This is in all SO games but in this one you have to recruit inventors, who all are locked until certain story points and have various stipulations to recruit. Then you have to use them in a menu to craft random items which you can only determie by the cost - Then you might not even get it. It takes a guide and more really grasp the mechanics of this, I think this game just makes it too complex to be enjoyable.

The game has problems but I still do like the story, even the controversial polt-twist I don't mind but I am curious to see where it goes after that - I didn't get much further than that before. Luckily this is one of the few PS2 game which was put on PS4 & can be played on PS5! So you can play all Star Ocean games on PlayStation consoles apart from the Gameboy Colour spin-off sequel to SO2.

Then there is the Item Creation... I've never experienced such a convoluted mechanics within a game ever. You can craft items, food, components, weapons etc. via menus. This is in all SO games but in this one you have to recruit inventors, who all are locked until certain story points and have various stipulations to recruit. Then you have to use them in a menu to craft random items which you can only determie by the cost - Then you might not even get it. It takes a guide and more really grasp the mechanics of this, I think this game just makes it too complex to be enjoyable.
Totally sounds like stoned developer reinforced by also stoned team. Stoned idea + stoned feedback. The game title and combates issues also sounds like potheads brainstorming.

Finished Void Stranger the other day, kinda love/hate relationship with it but overall had a very good time with it. Currently going through the epilogue update for Pokemon Scarlet, seems not as substantial as the DLCs but thatā€™s understandable and still more than expected. Had started playing Sword of the Vagrant and plan to pick it up again soon. Another Code Recollection should be shipped here soon too.

Back