Talking sh*t and discussing about Metal Gear Solid saga and Kojima

I dont think there's gonna be a new MGS ever anyway
That's probably for the best unless they take a Final Fantasy like approach and each entry in the series is a self contained story, setting, etc going forward.

As much as I love the characters and stories of the first 3 games, each sequel having to further examine the same timeline of events gets stupid after a while.

I'd rather see a remake of the original MSX games as opposed to the original PS1 game which we already had on Gamecube.

other than the graphics i don't remember being that impressed by the mgs1 gamecube version. i personally don't think a modern remake of mgs1 would work well.

the original mgs1 gameplay and maps were designed with the limitations of ps1 in mind, so when mgs1 was recreated in a modern game engine, it ruined all the small details which made the game interesting and challenging. for example, the the new camera, the first person view and draw detail made dispatching enemies with a handgun way to easy.. it also suddenly became a "smaller" game.

without kojima's input or even blessing, i don't think we're see a new mgs game for a long time.

I have to agree that the modern version of Metal Gear and Metal Gear2-Solid Snake wouldn't be the worst idea. But hopefully without Kojima. The Men cannot make the classic MGS games anymore. He would turn these Games into something totally different.

I as an old-school fan just want to have a graphical update of these games with gameplay comparable to MGS 1 or 2 and not something really new that has nothing to do with classic MGS.

the original mgs1 gameplay and maps were designed with the limitations of ps1 in mind, so when mgs1 was recreated in a modern game engine, it ruined all the small details which made the game interesting and challenging. for example, the the new camera, the first person view and draw detail made dispatching enemies with a handgun way to easy.. it also suddenly became a "smaller" game.
Well, there were some features introduced in MGS2 that Kojima originally conceived for the first game such as hiding enemies in lockers, and swat searches. So, in some sense, we were kind of getting an MGS that we could have gotten if the technology were better, but I don't deny that hardware limitations of the OG PS1 also played a part in shaping the experience.

Can someone tell me the gameplay? I didnt search for the video but I dont want me to get a massive spoiler either, just a key or something?

Can someone tell me the gameplay? I didnt search for the video but I dont want me to get a massive spoiler either, just a key or something?

You mean the leaked footage?
In terms of gameplay it was basically the same style as for example Until Dawn or Heavy Rain.
So cinematic camera angles and zero interface. Main character slowly walks within
these cinematic camera angles in third person.
Theres no combat, shooting, riddles or anything like that in the video. Only walking.
And theres like a onscreen warning when danger is near.
But because theres no game interface, its not possible to tell what the player is doing.
It seems like you cant attack the enemy, you can only react to the onscreen warning.
I guess if you fail to react to the warning, the enemy is able to sneak up on you.

It did not look like footage from a actual finished game,
it looked more like a concept demo presentation, you know to show this as a idea,
using borrowed graphic elements from Death Stranding.
With no visible interface except the big onscreen warning,
it looked like some kind of cinematic mobile game.

Last edited:
Back