Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

i see diet soap he could very well be right
I hope it is much better AI than what was in Shenmue 2 lol. I ask someone for directions and they tell me that they have business that way but they were walking totally the opposite direction that I needed to go.

The game was so bad I dont even remember any of the storyline

Oh, this old chestnut. Fed up of hearing it tbh. Despite what you think, the plot DID move forward. We learned quite a bit. Don't forget that the plot is dropped in small doses. This is no different to how it was done in the first two games.

I hope it is much better AI than what was in Shenmue 2 lol. I ask someone for directions and they tell me that they have business that way but they were walking totally the opposite direction that I needed to go.

Strange. They always led me to the designated area. True, they may sometimes take the longer way around, but they still lead you to where you need to go.

Exactly my thought when you introduced as a veteran modder and afterwards proceeded to write hold-my-hand postit
It isnt my fault that you thought that I made mods. That was on you. All I said was that I have been modding games for years.

Strange. They always led me to the designated area. True, they may sometimes take the longer way around, but they still lead you to where you need to go.
I never said that they didn't lead you to the destination. What I said was if they had business at the same place that I did why were they walking towards me and then have to turn around to take me to my destination. I just think that it is funny that everyone has business at the same place that I am needing to go.

Oh, this old chestnut. Fed up of hearing it tbh. Despite what you think, the plot DID move forward. We learned quite a bit. Don't forget that the plot is dropped in small doses. This is no different to how it was done in the first two games.
I had just played it once when it had just came out and i for some reason didn't get into it like i did the first 2. I am in the middle of 2 right now and I feel like I will give it another chance in a few days once I am done with 2 for like the fourth time.

I wonder if this is a good opportunity to update the first message with all the other anecdotes and rumours we've come across since this article was created?

Might be a nice re-read to get the hopium (I feel dirty using this word) replinished~

I wonder if this is a good opportunity to update the first message with all the other anecdotes and rumours we've come across since this article was created?

Might be a nice re-read to get the hopium (I feel dirty using this word) replinished~
Im supporting this. Except for the sleeping man secret of course, just in case.

I feel like a quitter/bad fan, but I've had enough of badgering publishers and developers to release another Shenmue over social media. I think at this point it either happens or it doesn't. All you can do is keep making content around the existing games, have great sites like Shenmue Dojo with a passionate fan base out there, and hope for the best... I don't feel like another Tweet to ININGAMES or Deep Silver or whoever is going to make a difference.

I feel like a quitter/bad fan, but I've had enough of badgering publishers and developers to release another Shenmue over social media. I think at this point it either happens or it doesn't. All you can do is keep making content around the existing games, have great sites like Shenmue Dojo with a passionate fan base out there, and hope for the best... I don't feel like another Tweet to ININGAMES or Deep Silver or whoever is going to make a difference.
Not at all a bad fan. Its totally legit. You never said any negative for being negative for the series mate.
I believe both stances are correct, a measured campaing without reekes & torches and others who choose to wait for whatever scenario happens.
Moreover if we go strict about what Shenmue taught us, its to enjoy our lives the best we can. At least this position leave the author alone to do what his heart wish to. Wanna hear unpopular/bad fan? Sometimes I wish he makes a FREE game similar to Shenmue but not Shenmue, for the next. Just to see the guy happy. Everything but horror game.
And agreeing too, that the content creation is whats keeping the legacy alive the most.

Not at all a bad fan. Its totally legit. You never said any negative for being negative for the series mate.
I believe both stances are correct, a measured campaing without reekes & torches and others who choose to wait for whatever scenario happens.
Moreover if we go strict about what Shenmue taught us, its to enjoy our lives the best we can. At least this position leave the author alone to do what his heart wish to. Wanna hear unpopular/bad fan? Sometimes I wish he makes a FREE game similar to Shenmue but not Shenmue, for the next. Just to see the guy happy. Everything but horror game.
And agreeing too, that the content creation is whats keeping the legacy alive the most.
I would like to see a merge Yakuza with Shenmue

I admit that the power of social media has weakened somewhat over recent years, so I have to wonder if going back to an old school method would yield better results? Thinking of the capsule toy movement for example.

Whilst I appreciate that this is exhausting and tiring, i'd rather continue to express an interest in a calm and mesaured manner (which stands out among all the tripe these days), because if we don't then the series truly will die.

Who's to say if Inin is a good avenue to go down, but they seem a more amenible company than say 110, so if we can continue to express our interest in a kind and passionate way, then I think it's worth doing.

Whilst I appreciate that this is exhausting and tiring, i'd rather continue to express an interest in a calm and mesaured manner (which stands out among all the tripe these days), because if we don't then the series truly will die.
Mesaurus Rex stands best
sorry bcdcdude, Im gonna choke myself a bit for penalty. At least this gives a fair glimpse of my mental age (5)

Probably not, no.
But we'll continue to be passionate because that's how we got Shenmue 3 when all said and done.
Got too far to give up now.

Back