Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

*GRAPS AT STRAWS*

Sega's hiring for this position -- "We are looking for staff to work at Sega Motion Capture Studios" -- that requires employees to be:

"健康で明るく、責任感のある方。""Healthy, cheerful and responsible."

GOOGLE THIS PHRASING, AND ONLY 25 HITS.

ONE OF WHICH IS....

*JAW DROPS ON THE FLOOR*

Hey, this thread needs content. I mean it's kind of a weird coincidence, no?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 3.21.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 3.21.08 PM.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
*GRAPS AT STRAWS*

Sega's hiring for this position -- "We are looking for staff to work at Sega Motion Capture Studios" -- that requires employees to be:

"健康で明るく、責任感のある方。""Healthy, cheerful and responsible."

GOOGLE THIS PHRASING, AND ONLY 25 HITS.

ONE OF WHICH IS....

*JAW DROPS ON THE FLOOR*

Hey, this thread needs content. I mean it's kind of a weird coincidence, no?
Definitely. Beyond the phrasing, we know a lack of proper motion capture facilities were an uncomfortable compromise YsNet had to make in the development of Shenmue III, and they'd seriously benefit from access to facilities and technology SEGA has.

Obviously brings up questions about why YsNet would be writing job descriptions for SEGA, which pokes big holes in any notion that they might be involved in this hiring drive at all, but still. Spooky.

Definitely. Beyond the phrasing, we know a lack of proper motion capture facilities were an uncomfortable compromise YsNet had to make in the development of Shenmue III, and they'd seriously benefit from access to facilities and technology SEGA has.

Obviously brings up questions about why YsNet would be writing job descriptions for SEGA, which pokes big holes in any notion that they might be involved in this hiring drive at all, but still. Spooky.
VF6, Shenmue 4 and 5 confirmed 😂

It's great to see Sega investing in large scale development tools, if nothing else. Shows they want to remain competitive in the field.

It does bode well for any Shenmue development of course. Lets continue to cross everything.

In regards to the job advertisement, is it ysnet advertising for mo-cap staff or a post on behalf of Sega?

Unfortunately, it’s not even that. I simply googled that phrase, which is on the Ys Net page, and found it used in two postings out of 25 available results. Of those results, 80% appear to resolve to nonsense spam traps. It could easily be a huge coincidence. Like anything, though, how many coincidences til things start adding up?
Truthfully I don’t think it means anything at all but I do find it odd that two things that seem very related somehow come up…

Last edited:
Could be a coincidence, could be something substantial but we need more to go on. However, it is an interesting find nonetheless can we get someone like @Switch to translate it? I do not trust Google Translate when it comes to Asian text.

In the meantime, I think we should put our focus on making the Shenmue anime a success. Like with any other anime production, there will be a merchandise line that will come with it. If we can get high ratings for the anime along with strong sales for any merchandise released then that should further incentivize SEGA towards Shenmue IV.

While I may have my gripes with Shenmue III, I recently bought the "Shenmue Bundle Pack" on Steam. The pack includes the remasters, Shenmue III, and the two downloadable packs. So anyone who has not bought the game there and has around an extra sixty-five dollars to spare it would help.

Last edited:
Well, we shall take the positive news whenever it comes, however small.

But as I've said before, the Shenmue fanbase is pretty big and isn't limited to just this Dojo. I mean, hype did grant some success, but the game didn't generate $7M on Kickstarter for only that reason.

I still believe Covid is going to be a primary reason we don't see it unveiled this year(it's affected even the big AAA devs, even moreso the smaller ones), but there are a few events left. TGS is this week, then we're quiet until TGAs and the rumored massive PS blowout.

PS4 continues to be supported with many cross-gen AAA titles, so plenty of reason for it to be on both systems.

A part of me still believes Sony cares enough to invest in marketing for it. We also know Deep Silver considers it a "core niche franchise" and SEGA now, with the success of the I&II remasters and III, tends to acknowledge the franchise more often. We also know something Yu was working on was "a sequel".

With all that plus the anime coming, I feel the odds are much higher to see IV become a reality for us.

Yes, Suzuki could conclude it via the animation, but..I don't see him doing that.

Last edited:
Matsuoka Shuzo said in this video to never give up, i will never give up about Shenmue, Yu Suzuki said he will never give up on his personal Journey to complete Shenmue, i can feel that Shenmue IV will happen, one day the epic saga Shenmue will be complete.

Also Cedric said "Keep the faith" 😉

NEVER GIVE UP 😁

It is a good thing that Saga is investing in a better mo cap studio. That does not have anything to with Shenmue but still good news. Because you need mocap just bigger budget games that needs realistic animation. You do not need for lame cell phone games.

So maybe some more adcanced sega games in the future with is always good news.

And yeah as I have said many times I am also going never to give up on Shenmue 4. I have no clue to be honest if something is going already behind closed doors but it could be the case.

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

Last edited:
Koch media ninjas be in this thread 😶

Back