Shenmue III in magazines

Forgive me if I feel you are being subtle, but do I get the impression you don't like Kojima very much?

Can't say I agee with everything you said but yeah hahaha. (I like kojima and most of the metal gears)
But Suzuki was way more influential than Kojima.
The thing is, Suzuki stopped working almost when the social networks started to be a thing .
That many years without making any new big game was not good for his following and his carrer.
If suzuki continued to make new games, and if the shenmue franchise didn't ended up on an embargo, he would have
a following perhaps as big as kojima.

First 3D racing game thats was actually good? Suzuki.
First 3D fighting game? Suzuki.
First 3D modeling using textures intead of baseline color polygons? Suzuki.
First 3D open world sandbox game? Suzuki
fFirst video game to use true motion-capture technology ? Suzuki.
Need more?!

(not to mention is super successfull arcade games we all know and love.)

Kojima made great games. Yes he did.
But did he break boundaries like Suzuki? No way.

Suzuki created new things, the industry followed. As simple as that.
It says a lot when Yu's peers hold his work in such a high regard. CDProjektRed being one amonst many others. I like the MGS games but Death Stranding does nothing for me. It could turn out to be excellent but so far I'm not fussed.

Anyway my point being is that many of the developers hold Yu in a higher regard than they hold Hideo Kojima.

It says a lot when Yu's peers hold his work in such a high regard. CDProjektRed being one amonst many others. I like the MGS games but Death Stranding does nothing for me. It could turn out to be excellent but so far I'm not fussed.

Anyway my point being is that many of the developers hold Yu in a higher regard than they hold Hideo Kojima.
Cool trivia:

When Shenmue 3 Eclipsed MGSV & stole TLG's thunder at e3 2015 Umida and Kojima looked up and followed Yu Suzuki on Sns and was confirmed in the reddit AMA. YS casually proceeded to asked them to contribute to the campaign. (y)

Kojima also followed Suzuki on Twitter (and reciprocally) but I'm not sure if it's still the case today.

Forgive me if I feel you are being subtle, but do I get the impression you don't like Kojima very much?

No I don't. I don't like people who accept credit they haven't earned. To make matters even worse, he hasn't even tried to live upto the legend status, people prop him upto.

Cool trivia:

When Shenmue 3 Eclipsed MGSV & stole TLG's thunder at e3 2015 Umida and Kojima looked up and followed Yu Suzuki on Sns and was confirmed in the reddit AMA. YS casually proceeded to asked them to contribute to the campaign. (y)

Lol Kojima must have been burning inside, because he actually sees himself as Yu Suzuki rival as hilarious as that is.

Suzuki is more the Arcade man and in that field he did some remarkable things. Even his first console only game shenmue was remarkable.

The only Problem is, that not every gamer got a gamer thanks to the arcardes. Some Gamers just got Gamers thanks to the home console only. And in the home console field Kojima is the man. He is one of the first People who made cinematic games.

Snatcher and Policenauts were good games and the first MGS was a instant hit. So no wonder Kojima is well rembered up to this day.

Because his field of work still well and alive.

Suziki on the other Hand is a master of field of work that is a Thing of the past. The arcades have not the same Impact as they had in the 80s and 90s. So the work of Suziki is largely forgotten.

If Suziki would have made a Name in the console field beyond of Shenmue, he could be as popular as Kojima for sure.

And I forgot he pretty much invented QTEs!
He invented the the name and brought back the formula, but QTE if I recall correctly where first used in titles such as Dragon's Lair

No I don't. I don't like people who accept credit they haven't earned. To make matters even worse, he hasn't even tried to live upto the legend status, people prop him upto.

Your posts honestly come across as unhinged and almost like you have an unhealthy obsession. Saying people who enjoy his games from your earlier post "should be locked up, as you are literally insane, and a danger to everyone". Like what the fuck is this nonsense? Your posts are honestly quite worrying for something that is a simple case of a person's games not appealing to you.

Your constant attempts at comparing Yu Suzuki and Hideo Kojima and pretending they're in some kind of rivalry is incredibly baffling and warped. If you don't like certain games then okay, but the way you're obsessing over Kojima getting more publicity than Suzuki is making me uncomfortable.

He invented the the name and brought back the formula, but QTE if I recall correctly where first used in titles such as Dragon's Lair

Yes one of the first or maybe even the first ( I am not sure) QTE Game was Dragon's Lair. Die Hard Acrade also uses QTE If I am not mistaking, also Swords of Berserk Guts Rage for the Dreamcast.

But for the General public QTE was not a thing before RE 4. I have even read quite a few time in the WWW that for many People Re 4 was the first QTE game. God of War also helped to make the QTE famous.

But they were never as good as the QTE of Shenmue. Unlike the other games the QTE in Shenmue does not seem to forced they helped to improve the narrative. This is very impressive.

Last edited:
The QTE inputs in Shenmue also make logical sense. For example, when running through the forest with Shenhua, to side-step obstacles you press left/right as required; to duck beneath a branch you press down; to jump over a ditch you press the same button that controls leg moves in combat, and likewise the hand move button when you have to climb/vault over something.

Other games would just throw random buttons at you, without any specific meaning beyond "Ha! This'll flummox them!"

Your posts honestly come across as unhinged and almost like you have an unhealthy obsession. Saying people who enjoy his games from your earlier post "should be locked up, as you are literally insane, and a danger to everyone". Like what the fuck is this nonsense? Your posts are honestly quite worrying for something that is a simple case of a person's games not appealing to you.

Your constant attempts at comparing Yu Suzuki and Hideo Kojima and pretending they're in some kind of rivalry is incredibly baffling and warped. If you don't like certain games then okay, but the way you're obsessing over Kojima getting more publicity than Suzuki is making me uncomfortable.
That's just the way Zoltor is. Best to ignore him or you will be pulled in to a 10 page argument that will leave you questioning your sanity.

You need to learn how to read, before shooting your mouth off.

I never said that, I said if people get what's going on in Kojima's head they need to be locked up. Again learn how to fucking read. You made sure to purposely quote the ending of that statement, yet you made up the context to fit what you wish I said.

Kojika himself has said he sees Yu Suzuki as his rivial, so take that up with him.

You sound like the nutjobs that are banning clapping, because supposedly clapping triggers some morons lol. It's a 100% fact, Kojima is no where near the lv of Yu Sazuki. Hell, Kojima shouldn't be treated as a legend in the industry at all.

Last edited:
You need to learn how to read, before shooting your mouth off.

I never said that, I said if people get what's going on in Kojima's head they need to be locked up. Again learn how to fucking read. You made sure to purposely quote the ending of that statement, yet you made up the context to fit what you wish I said.

Kojika himself has said he sees Yu Suzuki as his rivial, so take that up with him.

You sound like the nutjobs that are banning clapping, because supposedly clapping triggers some morons lol.

Clapping? Triggers? What the fuck are you even on about. Honestly barely any of your posts across the forum make any sense and if your response to people discussing and understanding themes in Kojima's games is to "lock them up" and call them a "danger to everyone" then you need clinical help. It honestly reads like low-level trolling. I can read just fine thanks. Your vitriol for people and games you don't like speaks volumes for what kind of person you are and you calling me a nutjob after the shit you post is some of the funniest fucking shit I've ever seen lmfao. Get a grip.

That's just the way Zoltor is. Best to ignore him or you will be pulled in to a 10 page argument that will leave you questioning your sanity.

Yeah I'm starting to realize this.

Yes one of the first or maybe even the first ( I am not sure) QTE Game was Dragon's Lair. Die Hard Acrade also uses QTE If I am not mistaking, also Swords of Berserk Guts Rage for the Dreamcast.

But for the General public QTE was not a thing before RE 4. I have even read quite a few time in the WWW that for many People Re 4 was the first QTE game. God of War also helped to make the QTE famous.

But they were never as good as the QTE of Shenmue. Unlike the other games the QTE in Shenmue does not seem to forced they helped to improve the narrative. This is very impressive.

Lol God of War, as well as RE made QTEs infamous, not famous sadly, but yea while Shenmue gets credit for starting it, no there were many games before it that had QTEs.

Shenmue(specifically Shenmue 2) just did it way better then anyone before it or even since has.

Clapping? Triggers? What the fuck are you even on about. Honestly barely any of your posts across the forum make any sense and if your response to people discussing and understanding themes in Kojima's games is to "lock them up" and call them a "danger to everyone" then you need clinical help. It honestly reads like low-level trolling. I can read just fine thanks. Your vitriol for people and games you don't like speaks volumes for what kind of person you are and you calling me a nutjob after the shit you post is some of the funniest fucking shit I've ever seen lmfao. Get a grip.

Yeah I'm starting to realize this.

You need to keep up with the news, I'm talking about delicate now flakes that can't handle even communicating with people.

Did I ever say I did like MGS, no I didn't. With said though, It's not some masterpiece, be all end all, ground breaking landmark of gaming.

You're still not understanding that statement, let me spell it out for you. Kojima has crazy, mentally disturbing ideas in his head, thus if every truly gets what's going on in his head, yea they're insane too.

Comeon, Kojima has Reedus carrying around some evil demon fetus who's caught inbetween two dimension for some sick demented reason, need I say more.

Alright everyone, back on topic. And keep your discussions civil.

Alright everyone, back on topic. And keep your discussions civil.

Ok yea, sorry about that. Back on topic, why does Death Stranding get a cover, when nothing even shown has hinted at It's going to be good, while Shenmue 3 who has is created by a more reknown developer, and has shown off tons that had lead people to think It's going to be amazing, barely gets a visable title on the cover.

That's all I was saying, and somehow that got blown up.

Back