Shenmue I&II official release date in Japan (22.NOV / limited edition)

Shipping was ¥ 1300 to the US, so I got both games for ¥ 9796
Oddly enough the price of the actual games kept on changing in the shopping cart.
(it happens sometimes...price fluctuation?)
Additionally, I got the limited edition without the (IMO useless) PC wallpaper, which did make things cheaper
(toggle "Amazon限定無し" on the page)

Shipping was ¥ 1300 to the US, so I got both games for ¥ 9796
Oddly enough the price of the actual games kept on changing in the shopping cart.
(it happens sometimes...price fluctuation?)
Additionally, I got the limited edition without the (IMO useless) PC wallpaper, which did make things cheaper
(toggle "Amazon限定無し" on the page)
Thanks for the heads-up! I didn't realize the two versions were so different in price. I just switched my order to the other Limited Edition without Amazon bonuses and saved over 1000 yen. (~$10 USD cheaper) I wasn't interested in the digital wallpapers either and just ordered that one because the prices were the same initially. It's possible that they could lower the Amazon-exclusive one to match, but since it's a separate listing altogether I assume they intend to keep the prices different.

Does anyone know how the Amazon Japanese Limited Edition contains the exclusive wallpapers? I am confused as to what to buy for the collection. I want the set with the wallpapers and the soundtracks, so I can use those. But then I want sealed copies of every version. Does anyone know if the product page says anything about this? Or will I get an email link?

Does anyone know how the Amazon Japanese Limited Edition contains the exclusive wallpapers?
The page says that they email you a download link after your order has shipped. It's just digital stuff, the physical copy they ship is identical.

Here is a poor translation:
About delivering the benefits described in the product name:
If you purchase this product, we will offer delivery benefits. Since e-mails are sent separately to provide those delivery benefits, please acknowledge this before purchasing.

The bonuses stated in the product name will be distributed via an email with the subject containing "notification concerning order" to the e-mail address registered in your account from Amazon.co.jp during preparations for shipment of goods or after the shipment confirmation. We will deliver to this address the link to the award download page. Please confirm your email settings so that you can receive correspondence from @ amazon.co.jp by e-mail.

Last edited:
Think I did this right..

Attachments

• 20180817_033208.jpg
    20180817_033208.jpg
    566.7 KB · Views: 11
Back