Shenmue 4 2.5D Project.

Honestly, Mr.BallFish and Mr.Water don't know anything about Shenmue series.:tearsofjoy:
The working way is more like the boss and workers for us.
So it takes me some time to explain how to paint those artworks to them.
But I think it is not a bad thing. It makes me think a lot about how to communicate with those artists.
微信图片_20231004233857.png

Last edited:
Hey, I'm late to the discussion, but I don't know if you played "The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa". It kind of have the feel of a 2D Shemue (Kind of), so maybe you can look at what the developer did and take some inspiration. If it's been mentionned to you already, then I am sorry.

Hey, I'm late to the discussion, but I don't know if you played "The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa". It kind of have the feel of a 2D Shemue (Kind of), so maybe you can look at what the developer did and take some inspiration. If it's been mentionned to you already, then I am sorry.
In my view, this game needs a lot pixel-art assets, currently I don't have enough resource, also it is too expensive to me.
It is a good game, but it is hard for me to learn something from it.

I plan to release a battle demo just for collecting some opinions for battle system before March.
This battle demo will contain a battle about Xiuying and Ryo.
The lower video is the prototype, I think this camera view maybe good, maybe dojo members will have better solution.
Let me know your opinion, thanks.

Back