Shenmue 3 Streetdate Broken

yeah i saw some of the angry comments on the stream while i was watching, i personally dont mind watching a stream and i know full well I'll probably see a spoiler or 2, it just doesnt make sense to me why people were writing abusive messages while watching the stream haha, just turn it off if it angers you that much.

Yea, that doesn't make sense if that was happening(didn't stay long enough to know, and I found the stream when it was near the start). Lol why comment during a live stream of a game, that you don't want to be spoiled on lmao, It's utterly stupid.

yeah i saw some of the angry comments on the stream while i was watching, i personally dont mind watching a stream and i know full well I'll probably see a spoiler or 2, it just doesnt make sense to me why people were writing abusive messages while watching the stream haha, just turn it off if it angers you that much.
Not that I condoned it, but it kind of made sense when people were giving people who streamed Shenmue 1 and 2 before release date a hard time as the broken mess that they were playing really didn’t paint the games in a positive light and we’d been fed the lie that a magical day one patch was going to fix everything

I really don’t understand how people can give people shit for streaming Shenmue 3 though. The game looks great and is representative of how the final release will look. If anything, people streaming the game early might help to boost sales.

If you don’t like it, don’t watch.

I dont know how much spoilers or details are allowed here so i post it in a spoiler tag,
its nothing major and just about the very beginning of the game, like the first 60 seconds, nothing else.
Its not even really about the story of Shenmue 3.

The flying sword seems to be ... "removed"?
They only mention the sword once and only that Shenhua should take it.
The flying sword is not in the recap movie.
And then Shenmue 3 starts with the light beam that ignites the torches to show the carved wall mirrors,
no sword anywhere.

My Collector's Edition from Amazon Germany just arrived :love:

I am at work right now, but my neighbour accepted it... 4pm 4pm 4pm! <3

Lucky bastard! Play and enjoy it! Just refrain from posting spoilers until we all have the game

Until now, none of streamers have past Bailu. Even after 3 hours
This game is huge.

While I don't expect a streamer to take it this far, to get everything out of Bailu, I fully expect it to take at very least 12-15h, and possibly as high as 20, so yea even little Bailu village is packed with content.

I dont know how much spoilers or details are allowed here so i post it in a spoiler tag,
its nothing major and just about the very beginning of the game, like the first 60 seconds, nothing else.

And then Shenmue 3 starts with the light beam that ignites the torches to show the carved wall mirrors,
no sword anywhere.

I really dislike this.

no sword anywhere.
Makes no sense, the menu arrow is literary the sword, isn't it? If they acknowledged it there, why not in-game?

Makes no sense, the menu arrow is literary the sword, isn't it? If they acknowledged it there, why not in-game?
Yes, I find it very weird to, but still I can confirm with one stream I saw :
- The sword isn't mentioned at all in the recap movie
- The first scene of Shenmue 3 is a recreation of the last scene of the 2. Off voice is reading the letter from Shenhua's father, with the mention of the sword, but we don't see the "sword in the altar" scene. We just see the phoenix mirror beam scene which directly fire the torches without bouncing on the floating sword first. In fact we do not see the sword AT ALL during the whole scene.

.... still it's the menu arrow of the game. So I guess it will still have a purpose, but the "magic act" at the end of Shenmue 2 seems to be rewritten in order to not include any "magic fact" like the sword floating in the air.

Yes, I find it very weird to, but still I can confirm with one stream I saw :
- The sword isn't mentioned at all in the recap movie
- The first scene of Shenmue 3 is a recreation of the last scene of the 2. Off voice is reading the letter from Shenhua's father, with the mention of the sword, but we don't see the "sword in the altar" scene. We just see the phoenix mirror beam scene which directly fire the torches without bouncing on the floating sword first. In fact we do not see the sword AT ALL during the whole scene.

.... still it's the menu arrow of the game. So I guess it will still have a purpose, but the "magic act" at the end of Shenmue 2 seems to be rewritten in order to not include any "magic fact" like the sword floating in the air.
I really don't like this either.

I know that some people didn't like it and wanted the game to remain rooted in reality, but it was the culmination of the focus on mundane elevating the non-mundane. So will shenhua "power" be retconned too ? and does it also mean that I'm never going to see the phoenix in the sky ? :crying:

Ok I couldn't help but notice the post saying the magic sword got retconned. Now this is the type of spoiler I want to know before I play the game because I know my immediate reaction would distract me when I play it. So yeah I can say that I'd be pretty upset as that was one of the key moments of the cliffhanger in Shenmue II. The rational side of me is saying the magic element will still be there but at best Yu wanted to place it somewhere else in the story for better narrative impact. If that's the case then I can live with it.

However if its a complete retcon then yeah I'm not going to be happy. Wow am I glad to learn this now.

Back