SEGA: 'What is Shenmue?' Series [UPDATE: EPISODE 3 IS OUT!]

^ Oh wtf.
Last thing I want in the game are bunch of retconned pop culture references added in 20 years later.
Unless "Krusty" here was found buried somewhere deep in the source code (ie a remnant of something once considered by YS), I'd rather D3T didn't interject their own brand of humor into the final product.

We don’t even know if it’s an actual reference. “Krusty” is a fan-made term

Krusty's back, everyone :D!

index.php

shenmue_store-toms-hotdogs.jpg

I had to check what was different :) Did they just change the hair colour to a bright green from a pastel yellow?

Krusty's back, everyone :D!

View attachment 504

I just noticed that the inside of the truck/van looks like the sauce, pan and something that looks like a wine bottle are positioned differently. Also the front of the vehicle has the new clown logo. I didn't notice the bit of hair added on the top of the mascots head. I think that the light yellow colour was also used as the colour for the 'Hot Dog' text and on Tom's T-Shirt.

I'm very much a purest when it comes to changes like this, and I think Yu Suzuki purposely choose colours to fit in with the somewhat sombre melancholic mood of the first game. That's why the second game looks so incredibly colourful in comparison.

Anyway to sum it up, in an ideal world I would like everything to be the same. However that being said, I am so happy that the game is coming out 17 or so years later :) If they gave the clown a bright pink mohawak maybe that would be a little over the top. I'm willing to sacrifice my nostalgia for small little changes, and I think that it will make me treasure the original Dreamcast version even more.

I just noticed that the inside of the truck/van looks like the sauce, pan and something that looks like a wine bottle are positioned differently.
I think its just a cutscene change from in-game,I mean it present in original too, something I never noticed before,
bb4f9932-820f-4eec-861d-0036c1ee222a.jpg

We don’t even know if it’s an actual reference. “Krusty” is a fan-made term
Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put two and two together. It's a clown (like Krusty, an instantly recognisable figure for many who grew up in the 90s); the hair has been repositioned to give the appearance of protrusion from the sides of the head, as opposed to the back of the head (like Krusty); the hair colour - aqua, which is very uncommon for clown wigs, as opposed to red or yellow, for example - has been changed (to match that of Krusty); and an extra tuft of hair has been added to the top of the clown's head (so that it looks like Krusty).

Seems pretty definitive to me.

Wow the fonts look so much different...Why do you guys think they changed the fonts of the notebook?

In the Japanese version the handwriting was written in a certain way. There was a handwriting analysist who wrote an article in a magazine that I've got, I'll have to confirm this though.

I'm interested to see what Japanese font they use for the PS4 version, I don't think the English version s have Japanese text do they?

Back