Random Shenmue Thoughts

Some of those entries feel like they were added just because they were influential games at the time. I mean, Pokemon red & blue are great, but they are HIGHLY flawed games compared to even just the next entry in the series. To have it at #9 feels odd.

For number 33, They could've put sonic 2 or 3 instead of the first. Those games are VAST improvements and most people consider those ones some of the best in the series. You don't hear anyone saying Sonic 1 is a masterpiece.

Shenmue's spot seems about right though. I'd still probably move it up by about 10 spaces though haha.

Some of those entries feel like they were added just because they were influential games at the time. I mean, Pokemon red & blue are great, but they are HIGHLY flawed games compared to even just the next entry in the series. To have it at #9 feels odd.

For number 33, They could've put sonic 2 or 3 instead of the first. Those games are VAST improvements and most people consider those ones some of the best in the series. You don't hear anyone saying Sonic 1 is a masterpiece.

Shenmue's spot seems about right though. I'd still probably move it up by about 10 spaces though haha.
Where was Time Crisis?

Where was Time Crisis?
Yes, one of the most exciting moments as kid was getting the Gcon and Time Crisis at home. Then learning that Special mode was a new game, with different branches and scenes.
The late sequel Project Titan has a spanish (latino) dub which is neat, adds atmosphere to the cheap generic plot.

Yes, one of the most exciting moments as kid was getting the Gcon and Time Crisis at home. Then learning that Special mode was a new game, with different branches and scenes.
The late sequel Project Titan has a spanish (latino) dub which is neat, adds atmosphere to the cheap generic plot.
Yeah i used to play it at a friends house and the special mode is all we really did to get the different endings. Project Titan was a very underrated game.

Thank you for that statement mate. It was, irc it popped out of nowhere with almost zero promo in Europe. For the lite PSOne models.
And seriously also the latino dub lacks public knowledge, its really awesome.
There is a good one for Time Crisis too https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=12900.0 I will be back in the UK next week so i can check some videos out as i dont have a VPN here in China. There is a whole backlog of gaming docus on YouTube i need to watch.

I would probably buy a switch if it did happen lol. Social media campaign????
It would be his thing, at least every 4 of the month I also hashtag Nintendo.

Also, imagine that they launch on Switch with some news, like can play games entirely in 16:9 cutscenes and all (with prior notice of some minimal graphic glitch) and the possibility to quit the camera icon on Shenmue 2 (How I hate that icon).

Later this could be implemented in previous console/PC versions via update, It has already happened with other games.

Last edited:
Is there any new Shenmue news floating around? Hate to say it but it feels like Shenmue is done. For some reason Shenmue just can't gain any traction. Even with the anime outperforming expectations they still canceled it.

We're coming up on 4 years since Shenmue 3 release and its radio silence. We can't go on another decade long hiatus. I hope and pray that I'm wrong. Still grateful for Shenmue 3 announcement and release it was nice to see the Dojo busy and chaotic again.

Is there any new Shenmue news floating around? Hate to say it but it feels like Shenmue is done. For some reason Shenmue just can't gain any traction. Even with the anime outperforming expectations they still canceled it.

We're coming up on 4 years since Shenmue 3 release and its radio silence. We can't go on another decade long hiatus. I hope and pray that I'm wrong. Still grateful for Shenmue 3 announcement and release it was nice to see the Dojo busy and chaotic again.
For the time being it is done imo. The only thing that keeps it buzzing is the Dojo and the podcast tbh.

For me, I’m not keeping my hopes up for a continuation for the games or anime. That way if something is ever announced, it will come as a nice surprise rather than a gruelling wait.

Shenmue is such an interesting situation, fans have been left with two big cliffhangers followed by silence for years, and yet every once in a while we get a whiff of something that keeps us excited and hopeful, whether it is followed by an announcement or disappointment. 😅

I recall reading scrapped scene from "Shenmue: Chapter I ~Yokosuka~" hinting future S3 minigame (and almost S2) about Ryo calling Master Chen and after going correctly through the passwords and brief hanging, Master Chen answers very angry "Who ask for me now?!" and Ryo reacts awkward as usual, as if he has some charge on the matter. "I was in the bathroom, you made me chop the wood!" shouts Chen.

Back