Random Shenmue Thoughts

A video popped up in my feed from "Watched Walker," a YouTuber who records first-person perspective videos of walks around streets at various times of the day. The thumbnail immediately caught my attention:

maxresdefault.jpg

(The video itself.)
Alright now which one of you is this

Thanks to awesome work by @spud1897 and @James Brown on latest discussion around Shenmue online.

I was really curious watching the combat footage which I don’t believe I’ve seen before-

It looks so much better than original trailer, with nice motion capture, hit box reactions. I also noticed player uses brawling uppercut among other moves. Fascinating stuff.
Oh cheers Code! Glad you enjoyed it, it really is fascinating. I don't believe i'd seen that updated combat footage either, and it definitely looked much improved over the TGS combat footage. Another ill-fated casualty in the series that just can't seem to get a break! :)

It was originally from IGN, here's the original source -
How'd I miss this after all these years? I did see some promo footage of the little girl wandering around in Guilin that was never on Shenmue Fans YouTube, it was part of an interview with one of the producers if I remember correctly.

Not so obvious for english speakers, very obvious for italians, spanish, french and rest of latin forks
I never understood why the guy in the restaurant is called Mario but the restaurant is called Bob’s. What kind of name is that for a pizzeria anyway?!

I never understood why the guy in the restaurant is called Mario but the restaurant is called Bob’s. What kind of name is that for a pizzeria anyway?!
I always pressumed it was a friendly pun at Nintendo. The moustache induced me into it.
While it really sucks for naming a pizzeria after, Bob its one of the BEST english names ever along with Archibald and Lewlynn.

I always pressumed it was a friendly pun at Nintendo. The moustache induced me into it.
While it really sucks for naming a pizzeria after, Bob its one of the BEST english names ever along with Archibald and Lewlynn.
I get the nod at Nintendo with Mario for sure. But why Bob’s? Maybe they wrote the song already and liked it too much to change it?

I get the nod at Nintendo with Mario for sure. But why Bob’s? Maybe they wrote the song already and liked it too much to change it?
In my city there's a dental clinic, which its a bar. The lazyass owner simply never changed the sign of the previous owner.

Reactions: JP_
Back