Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

I feel it good, I'm confident we'll have Shenmue 4 in a mid-term future
If Yu managed to deal a decent budget, we might have a good Shenmue and I'm actually excited like a baby discovering life

I do also feel a bit skeptical in the sense that it's pretty weird and unseemly to "announce" something via social media comments. Still, I see no harm in letting a publisher know you're very interested in a Shenmue sequel. This seems like a weird, highly financed publisher, kind of like Deep Silver.

Really interesting updates. I assume if Shenmue 4 were to come out Suzuki would opt to use Unreal Engine 5. I would be really curious how he could use some of this technology.
Yes, according to the video, in theory UE5 is more easy to use and more adaptable, with tools and forms to create citys and characters quickly and of great quality, could be key to Shenmue 4.

Last edited:
The Unreal Engine 5 could be indeed very helpful to get things moving in Shenmue 4 rather fast. You can get amazing results without much stuff. Such things are really important for S4.

I guess that some stuff in dojo may actually know that S4 will happen.
But they just pretend S4 is still not in development and call fans to promote S4.

GameRant getting on the speculation train!

https://gamerant.com/shenmue-4-110-industries-hint/

The speculation of GameRant is as good as any. Maybe Yu is working together with them on another project. But it is really encouraging that Yu always mentions that he would be interested in another Shenmue game when asked. But that statement also means that he is not working at S4 at the moment. Or maybe he is working on it already and just cannot say it.

We will see. Everything is possible at the moment.

The speculation of GameRant is as good as any. Maybe Yu is working together with them on another project. But it is really encouraging that Yu always mentions that he would be interested in another Shenmue game when asked. But that statement also means that he is not working at S4 at the moment. Or maybe he is working on it already and just cannot say it.

We will see. Everything is possible at the moment.
Yu san never wanna confirm until it actually announced, just like the logo of S3 in 2014.

I guess that some stuff in dojo may actually know that S4 will happen.
But they just pretend S4 is still not in development and call fans to promote S4.
I can tell you now that we know as much as what's on here.

Which isn't much.

Back