Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

You guys and gals research everything you can about 110 industries.

Lets see if its possible with their background, portfolio and backing

Que @mjqjazzbar
Lol. I think getting Shenmue’s name back in the media, showing there’s demand is always a good thing. Hope there’s some truth to this rumor! Don’t forget we have a new fan base that watches the anime and might get hyped over a new game!

I would say that Yu Suzuki may just be working on one of their games, that game being Red Goes Faster.

This is because if you watch the Tokyo Game Show teaser 110 put out Suzuki first talks about racing games and then mentioned he has always liked sci-fi, both of which are related to the game itself

Haha, now that everyone of us secretly validated in his mind that Shenmue 4 is teased, we will cry to death if they announce anything else

I got a bad feeling about S4.
SEGA just announced that they have a supergame project.
Maybe it means that SEGA not wanna put money and attention on Shenmue.
So sad.

Last edited:
SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4 SHENMUE 4

Good morning, Dojo!

This is going to be an interesting week. I'm always amazed at the efforts, positivity and insight of the folks here.

We shall see if 110i drops any more cryptic hints or subtle likes. I don't know if they will simply do that, or we shall see if they gradually increase the heat in other, on-the-nose ways.

I really hope we see this dream become a reality once more.

I posted once before, but my late father(my profile picture) didn't invest in gaming(but he encouraged my hobby). His passion was music outside of his profession of being a doctor for 50 years. As such, he often borrowed mine for a listen, and he loved Shenmue's compositions.

I restored his speakers after much trial and error(he had an entire room for music, like we do gaming). Growing up, I wasn't allowed to even to touch them.

But I played some in his honor. Enjoy(this is only 25% of their volume). 50% can be heard halfway into the yard through the doors and windows(they are the grey tall things with wood, about 7 feet tall).

Speakers

Speakers2 (this is from The Division's OST)

I would say that Yu Suzuki may just be working on one of their games, that game being Red Goes Faster.

This is because if you watch the Tokyo Game Show teaser 110 put out Suzuki first talks about racing games and then mentioned he has always liked sci-fi, both of which are related to the game itself
But surely they would get more exposure from gaming media if they just teased that they were developing a new Yu Suzuki racing game instead of throwing out all the Shenmue references? Unless they know that they are a part of a larger announcement that will include all of Suzuki's upcoming projects.

I've said this before but I'd like to see the fourth game start from the old castle fight with Lan Di, followed by a QTE sequence where Ren and Ryo escape the burning building and a more detailed talk with Shenhua's father.

I think it’s really important Shenmue 4 starts with a bang. An action sequence or something to really kick things off.

Having a more fleshed out Old Castle section doubling as a tutorial for combat and other mechanics may not be a bad idea.

Could IV start with a time skip perhaps that maybe intriguing depending on how far ahead it is

Story wise they are heading to the temple right? I could see a battle rally-esque run up to the cave itself. Maybe even have shenhua kidnapped and taken to the cave (to cover the mandatory quota of at least one kidnapping per game) but then have her do jedi mind tricks again and then reappear from the cave as Ryo and Ren arrive, with a "what took you so long?" Wouldn't mind some sas from her haha.

Back