PS5

@xatruio Well I never got a pro because i felt that the jump from the standard ps4 is not big enough. So i decided to keep my ps4 from 2013 and forget the pro. The PS4 lived the whole ps4 generation and now I have a ps5 so I am never going to experience the ps4 pro.

But point taken It could be that pro had some bennefits over the standard ps4 I overlooked.

@xatruio Well I never got a pro because i felt that the jump from the standard ps4 is not big enough. So i decided to keep my ps4 from 2013 and forget the pro. The PS4 lived the whole ps4 generation and now I have a ps5 so I am never going to experience the ps4 pro.

But point taken It could be that pro had some bennefits over the standard ps4 I overlooked.

all good! Up until realizing my Slim was only able to remote play stream 720p I wasn't going to get a Pro myself, either. Streaming at 720p looked cloudy as hell though admittedly due to Mac only being able to use generic x264 software encoder

Love the Supersamlping and Boost mode and the 1080p remote play was the icing on the cake for me, personally

I'm not a very superstitious person, but a bird shat on my head the other day (yay!) which is supposed to bring good luck. Then the next time I scrolled through my phone I was able to easily purchase a PS5 which I've been struggling to get for a year. Weird!

So if you're still struggling to get a PS5 folks, there's a potential solution: bird shit. 😁

I miss the "What's New" feature that we have on PS4 but Sony didn't putted on PS5.

Question for people here, do you think Sony will add themes for PS5?

I love themes, i really don't understand why Sony did not made PS5 customizable. We have this feature in PS3, PSP, PS4 and PS Vita.

I really love to customize my consoles like this, i hope Sony put this feature in PS5.

A fan made Persona 5 PS5 theme.

I’ve had one since launch and while exclusives have been few and far between Rachet and Demon Souls have been really impressive and I am excited once we get 1st party studios creating exclusively for the machine which is why I was so disappointed GOW and Horizon being held back by being cross-generation games.

Like many here I’ve been revisiting my PS4 collection and being able to replay titles in either higher resolution or at 60FPS has been very satisfying. From Shenmue 3, GOW and Horizon. Now please have official patch for Last Guardian and Uncharted!

One final thing, is the machine is such an eye-sore. Really is the worst modern console I’ve seen in a long time. I am in the process of creating new gaming set-up in my new place and the default design would stick out, so thankfully I was able to get D-brand plates before they were pulled and the matte black PS5 is a big improvement I must say-

hqdefault.jpg

I recently got an Xbox One X so my current dilemma is do I buy PS4 versions of games to play on my PS5 or will it be better to buy the Xbox One version? The PS5 will have the SSD for faster loading of course. If there is a PS5 version I am all in but there are some games that still only have PS4 versions and no sign of PS5 specific upgrades - The upcoming games I have in mind are NieR Replicant & Sonic Colours for example.

Does anyone know of any sites that log PS4/Xbox One games performances? The best I have found is a site for PS4 games performance on PS5:

I recently got an Xbox One X so my current dilemma is do I buy PS4 versions of games to play on my PS5 or will it be better to buy the Xbox One version? The PS5 will have the SSD for faster loading of course. If there is a PS5 version I am all in but there are some games that still only have PS4 versions and no sign of PS5 specific upgrades - The upcoming games I have in mind are NieR Replicant & Sonic Colours for example.

Does anyone know of any sites that log PS4/Xbox One games performances? The best I have found is a site for PS4 games performance on PS5:
I don't have any sites for you but I do own both Xbox Series and PS5 and I can say that there are more free upgrades and upgrades in general to X/S versions from XB1 games than there are PS4 to PS5 games. If you have an Xbox One X you already have the most powerful console from the previous generation, so going with PS4 titles wouldn't be ideal on a PS4, but if you're playing on a PS5 then yeah, the PS4 games on a PS5 run smoother, quicker and better than on the One X. If you're going to be getting a Series X though it's yet again the more powerful machine for this gen so the XB1 titles would most likely be the better option. I just had another Xbox One X come into my inventory recently and when resetting it and prepping it for sale I remembered just how slow and outdated it feels next to both the Xbox Series and PS5 and the load times, graphics and framerates are noticeably worse than the current gen. I am biased towards Xbox over PS personally in most cases, but to be honest the PS5 is the better machine against XB1 X for all of those concerns, but if you're going to be buying the Series X or S, thats the better investment because more games are seeming to be free upgrades on the XB platform than on the PS platform, at least within this first year so far.

Fuck sake…

Grabbed a PS5 in September and had it in a cupboard till tonight (work has been manic). Switched it on and started inputting my WiFi password…and then it abruptly switches off and I can’t switch it on again no matter what I do. I suspect I’ll need to send it to Sony for repairs/replacing.

Definitely the most wankiest start to next-gen ever.

Fuck sake…

Grabbed a PS5 in September and had it in a cupboard till tonight (work has been manic). Switched it on and started inputting my WiFi password…and then it abruptly switches off and I can’t switch it on again no matter what I do. I suspect I’ll need to send it to Sony for repairs/replacing.

Definitely the most wankiest start to next-gen ever.
My wifi on my PS5 doesn't work. Never planned on connecting via WiFi but the fact it doesn't work properly is annoying. Going to wait until a couple months of its warranty is due and get it fixed.

Back