PS5

~ ひかり ~

このまま・・・時間が止まるといい
Site Staff
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PS4)
Now is time for PS5, in november PS5 will complete 1 year since its release, time really flies...

This generation don't have a lot of time yet but i'm enjoying PS5.

Some things that i love on PS4 Sony didn't added on PS5, the "What's New" part that i talked on the PS4 thread, on PS5 we don't have themes and i love themes, on Playstation Store don't have much variety of things yet but i think that with time they will add more things, i hope Sony add this things in the future, especially themes because i love themes, i love to customize my consoles.

I love the design of PS5, some people said is a ugly console but i really think is a beautiful design, the only bad thing about the design is that this way is easier for dirt to get inside of the PS5.

I love the Dual Sense controller, it was a beautiful evolution in my opinion, the Dual Sense feels so good in my hands, it is so good to play with this controller, one of my favorite controllers.

You have PS5? what games you expect to see in this generation of PlayStation? LetsGetShenmueIV 😊

Now i did all the Playstation threads, i have PlayStation consoles since the first one so it is really special to me.

Here we can talk everything about PS5, thank you.

1630262053278.png

Last edited:
Best. Haptic. Feedback. Ever! Ugliest console design in history from any of the big 4 console companies. Worst PS dashboard yet, why couldn't they keep the already perfected PS4 dashboard? Xbox kept the XB1 dashboard on the Series X/S which is really nice and would have made sense here. I feel it's the usual hype aspect to make it feel more premium than PS4, but it actually is a train wreck setup. Just like charging $10 more per game than the competition on many titles.

The Dualsense 5: The haptic feedback is truly the best I've ever experienced on any game controller by a long long shot. I like that there is a microphone built into the controller too, though I'll never use that feature I think it's a nice inclusion that online gamers will benefit from. The battery life is absolutely atrocious and takes too long to charge. About 3-5 hours on a charge, whereas Xbox Series/XB1 controllers I can go 2 weeks at 5 hours per day on a single charge/double AA's. The controllers shape is ok overall and nice for a PS controller as it takes a bit of inspiration from the Xbox control curves and styling this time around. The d-pad is still awful as always, but this one is the most usable yet. I wish Xbox would copy the haptic feedback style of this controller, it's truly am immersive experience.

I own a PS5 Digital for personal use. I bought 1 digital and 1 disc for business reasons at the same time I went to Best Buy to pick up my own personal Xbox Series and they had a few cancelled orders of PS5's on the shelf so I picked them up. I had no intention of keeping either PS5, but I had heard that Kena Bridge of Spirits may be coming to PS Plus in March 2021 and I'm waiting impatiently for that game to release and wanted to experience it in its fullest potential, since the PS4 version will have massive graphical reductions of characters displayed on the screen at one time and other issues, I decided to hang onto the digital PS5 for this reason alone, and even decided to keep it when I heard the release date was pushed back to this month. My PS5 has sat in a bag in the closet for the better part of 7 months and just recently came back out for the new Ghost of Tsushima expansion update. I suspect my PS5 will get a lot of use this coming month with Ghost and Kena releasing a lot of content before returning to the closet or possibly being sold afterwards depending on how done I am with those two titles for the moment.

Much like with the Xbox Series console I am looking forward to what both the PS5 and XSX will do this generation with their hardware. Were FINALLY living in a time where video games can be something special and a tool that can travel far beyond entertainment every time, if the developers want to use it that way.

For me it is too early to tell. The console iself is ok but before going a few into the future I won't be able to rate it yet. So far it cannot life up to the hype. Games still look like ps4 games without any noticable improvements at all. This could change in a few years of course. But as of 2021 I am not really impressed technically.

Here we got a different opion on that take

I am not a tech expert but my common sense tells me that he outrage is way to early. The new ps5 is not long enough on the market to tell if the extra heat is really doing any harm or if it does not matter at all. My old gaming laptop went mega hot during gaming for many years and still lasted 7 years with daily usage for many hours. It is a pity that such clickbait videos go viral so fast and spread like a wildfire.

It is so easy to create clickbait videos for money.

We should talk in few month again if the extra heat is really a problem or if the video is really just fud just as I think it is.

Only time will well.

I managed to get a PS5 at launch, even during the pandemic the store was open on launch day to collect them - literally handed at the door of the GAME store.

My overall experience with it has been pleasant. However, I do think the lack of availability has maybe sent the hype into overdrive. While it clearly is a step up from the PS4 Pro, I don't think PS4 owners have anything to be jealous of just yet.

ps5games.JPG
These are all of my PS5 games on disc... every single one of them is available on PS4... Now, I am someone who likes to own the best version of a game, so these ports are of value to me but the PS5 so far hasn't really had much in the line of essential experiences.

So far the best games I have played are:
Astrobot's Playroom - More than just a demo, a great experience which really sells the controller.
Bugsnax - Don't overlook this by it's childlike appearance, there is a lot of depth to be found in it's characterization.
Resident Evil Village - I don't know how it looks on PS4, but the PS5 versions visuals were stunning.

Beyond that, I have mostly been playing PS4 games, I played through Daysgone with the PS5 enhancements and it felt great. I appreciate older games getting patches that utilize the new hardware and even if they don't the SSD does make a significant difference to the loading times.

The interface is awful, just being able to reach the location to send messages to friends is like jumping on an Olympic course of menus! But it's not a game breaking experience. I personally don't bother with the cards and hints system, I'd rather disable that and just have a menu that offers quicker accecss to firends and party setups.

Compliments to the fan, one of the worst aspects of the PS4 Pro was the fan - it was so bad that I had to put the console in a separate room with a 5M HDMI cord! The PS5 fan is barely noticable. There is a bit of noise at times from the disc drive but it is usually more when installing the data onto the SSD and not during play.

My overall opinion so far is that if feels like a PS4 PRO+ There haven't been many experiences that have felt like it has really breached NEXT GEN but it certainly is more accessible and enjoyable to use PS4 games on. So to anyone who doesn't own one yet, you really don't have too much to worry about.

I would even say and go so far that the ps5 just feels like the ps4 standard model. I never had pro and still think the ps5 feels and plays like the ps4. Maybe the resolution is higher and it has a better framerate but I am either blind for that improvements or i do not care.

95 per cent of the games I am playing have native resolution ranging from 240 to 480p to max and are then upscaled to 1080p on a 4k screen and I am fine with that. Yes I am in full retro mode and play my classic consoles more than the modern ones with the framemeister on 4k TV.

The only really difference between the ps4 and 5 so far is the loading time and the "engine" noise. The PS5 is silent. The PS4 not. But that's it so far. We have to wait and see how games are going to evolve in the distant future.

I doubt that we are going to see real next gen games.

I am fine with that though. I just bought the ps5 with the same mindset as TV. I had to replace it because the older version is aging although the new version is not magnitute better than the old one. I just had to replace the device due to old age.

I've had one since launch...I can safely say for those without one...you're not missing out on much right now. It occured to me that I'm still playing more PS4 games than I am PS5 games.

Ok... I've had my PS5 since launch. If I hadn't upgraded from a launch PS4 to the PS5... I would have felt ripped off. There's a small handful of games that are only on PS5 and after that, everything is on PS4 as well. If the PS5 didn't also play PS4 games, it would be collecting a TON of dust and I would consider it a rip off as well.

I would say that I'm severely disappointed in Sony with how they've been communicating with what their PS5 road map is looking like. We have Horizon 2, God of War 2 and Gran Turismo 7 in the works.... all of which are coming to PS4 as well. Then we have PSVR 2 coming at some point which will cost $400 minimum by itself. Right now, the Sony road map for PS5 essentially states.... "Don't bother buying a PS5". So for those of you still looking to own one... don't bother; especially if you have a PS4 Pro. Those that have paid the scalpers above retail price.... got completely scammed.

I've decided that if the silent treatment continues through E3 next year (this gives them 8 months or so to announce something of interest), that PS5 will be my exit system for staying up to date with modern gaming. I'll just stick with what's already been released and ignore the PS6 and whatever other next gen systems come out along side of it.

What makes you think there is going to be PS6? The Future points towards streaming and nothing will stop that development. Gaming tech also do not evolve anymore. Ps5 games just look like PS4 games and that won't change.

And well the silence of Sony is bad but cannot be helped. Games take half a decade to make now and the first 4 years of the development cycle the companies have nothing to show so it will stay that way. The days are gone when many new games were announced each year. There will be years with no new games to show. Gaming has changed.

Luckily for me there are enough retro games I have not played yet so the dry period really does not bother me.

What makes you think there is going to be PS6? The Future points towards streaming and nothing will stop that development. Gaming tech also do not evolve anymore. Ps5 games just look like PS4 games and that won't change.
I'm betting there will be one. While a streaming future is evident, I believe we're still going to have a new box in 7 years or so. Microsoft has stated they're already creating a successor to the Series X and S. I imagine Sony and Nintendo are doing the same. That said, I believe PS6 won't be called PS6. I believe it'll simply be called Playstation and the numbers will be dropped in favor of embracing the all encompassing ecosystem instead of generations.

As for PS5 games looking like PS4 games, I expect that for the first year or two of every gen with a couple that lead the charge showing the power of the new tech. I think we'll see a separation between this new gen and last with UE5 being implemented in upcoming releases. Once the new engine is used regularly, there will be a clear difference graphically.

Speak of the devil. Cautiously optimistic at what might be shown. Any of the following would get me excited if shown but I won't hold my breath...
- Uncharted continuation
- Shenmue 4
- Tomb Raider continuation
- Dino Crisis reboot
- Ninja Turtles - Dark and gritty single player game

Note: September 9th is one week shy of a year since the last "big" Playstation showcase. Communication was overdue. Glad to see some finally planned.

Just got my console. Seems to be an issue with the WiFi as it's practically not working. Only connects if you select 2ghz and even then the download speeds are 3mb max and upload speeds in the kilobytes. Was going to send it back but as the ethernet cable works, will hang on for now and return when I can actually just walk into a store and get a replacement.

Was initially going to get the digital version but glad I got the disc version. The games are so damn expensive though. Playing the Ghost of Tsushima expansion but don't seem myself buying an actual PS5 game anytime soon. Was going to pull the trigger on Miles Morales but missed the sale deadline.

IMG_20210912_210429.jpg

Just got my console. Seems to be an issue with the WiFi as it's practically not working. Only connects if you select 2ghz and even then the download speeds are 3mb max and upload speeds in the kilobytes. Was going to send it back but as the ethernet cable works, will hang on for now and return when I can actually just walk into a store and get a replacement.

Was initially going to get the digital version but glad I got the disc version. The games are so damn expensive though. Playing the Ghost of Tsushima expansion but don't seem myself buying an actual PS5 game anytime soon. Was going to pull the trigger on Miles Morales but missed the sale deadline.

Welcome to the club. :cool:

I've not tested the wifi on my PS5 as it's always been wired... as was the PS4 before it. Don't feel bad on not planning to buy an actual PS5 game any time soon though. Other than the plus games handed out monthly... the only PS5 games I have are AC Valhalla (disc) that I got at launch, Destiny 2 which was a free upgrade, Dead by Daylight which was a free upgrade, and Judgment (disc) which I got on sale not long ago. God knows what the next actual PS5 game I buy will be... or when for that matter. Right now, PS5 very much feels like a PS4 Pro Pro.

Ps4 pro pro sounds too nice. I have always thought the pro is a rip off and that it is a pity that too many sheep fell for it. The ps5 is just another ps4 for me that replaced my first Ps4. After the event I am sure that there won‘t be a Ps5 ever. I have no issues with the games that were shown they are good but there is a lack of next gen feeling. But that happened already with the ps4. The ps3 was the last next gen machine. So I am not really unhappy. i am glad I was arround when the big jumps happened. These days things stay more the same. But as long as the games remain ok and it looks like that I am fine with it I am more a retro gamer anywhy so it would be hypocritical too bash the tech too much. The tech is not bad anyway it just lacks the wow factor of the ps3 games comparing them to Ps2.

I love my PS5 but I don't get to play it as much as I'd like. Too many "ongoing" games on Xbox :(
I bought it for Kena: Bridge of Spirits really, but the wealth of quality games on the way and the fact it's backwards compatible with PS4 titles is awesome. R&C Rift Apart was a bundle of fun and looks amazing. Icing on the cake is Shenmue 3 at 60fps and I'm all set for Shenmue 4 now if it turns out to be PS5 exclusive.
I still have FF7 Remake Intergrade and Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut to start... :LOL:

Ps4 pro pro sounds too nice. I have always thought the pro is a rip off and that it is a pity that too many sheep fell for it. The ps5 is just another ps4 for me that replaced my first Ps4. After the event I am sure that there won‘t be a Ps5 ever. I have no issues with the games that were shown they are good but there is a lack of next gen feeling. But that happened already with the ps4. The ps3 was the last next gen machine. So I am not really unhappy. i am glad I was arround when the big jumps happened. These days things stay more the same. But as long as the games remain ok and it looks like that I am fine with it I am more a retro gamer anywhy so it would be hypocritical too bash the tech too much. The tech is not bad anyway it just lacks the wow factor of the ps3 games comparing them to Ps2.
PS4 Pro was not a ripoff for anyone who wanted:

1080p remote and share play which was my own Dojo streaming setup for my first few months
Better GPU+CPU GHz plus 1GB DDR3 RAM for the GDDR5 to focus only on games
4K/HDR patches
boost mode
supersampling mode

With the lesser overall RAM and clock speeds, try playing large scale later games on a standard PS4. Personally, I'm quite lenient of frame rate lag (Shenmue 2 DC and Shenmue 3 Niaowu PS4 don't bother me an iota), yet even I was pretty disappointed for the brief few weeks I had a Slim with Last Guardian, for example. Plays fine enough but definitely much smoother on Pro as a nice luxury

The real ripoff was keeping a 5400 RPM HDD :D ... not even 7200 or SSD for the Pro. Sounds so ridiculous although in 2016 perhaps SATA SSD weren't quite as affordable as they became by 2018...

I see no issue in regarding the PS5 as a PS4 Pro+ for now, imagine if the console launched WITHOUT PS4 compatibility like the PS3 to PS4 jump... then the lack of PS5 exclusive titles would sting even more! I'm delighted to see PS4 games getting patches to utilize the PS5 tech or even if they don't see the benefits of the SSD working on loading times.

I will say I am fed up of how slow external HDD's are on it, whenever I want to transfer a game from HDD to SSD, it takes ages to load HDD to select what games you want to transfer - The transfer rate is fine but the menu to do so is unbearably slow.

I see no issue in regarding the PS5 as a PS4 Pro+ for now, imagine if the console launched WITHOUT PS4 compatibility like the PS3 to PS4 jump... then the lack of PS5 exclusive titles would sting even more! I'm delighted to see PS4 games getting patches to utilize the PS5 tech or even if they don't see the benefits of the SSD working on loading times.

I will say I am fed up of how slow external HDD's are on it, whenever I want to transfer a game from HDD to SSD, it takes ages to load HDD to select what games you want to transfer - The transfer rate is fine but the menu to do so is unbearably slow.

Personally, only transferred my save files from the slow GUI. My ISP has fast enough speeds where I re-downloaded from my library the games I always want on the drive.

Back