NEW YU SUZUKI GAME "AIR TWISTER" ANNOUNCED FOR APPLE ARCADE

it looks great and I'm am genuinely surprised something like this was funded in this day and age.

But the question now.. does Yu Suzuki have two projects at the moment? since his involvement with 110I is still unknown.
my theory is that S4 began being worked on after YSNet's expansion

This is cool! It just makes me so happy to see YS putting out games. I'm definitely not a fan of mobile games at all but will probably play this on my old MacBook w/ a controller to make it feel less mobile-y.

Also surely we'll get an Air Twister capsule set in Shenmue IV right? 😎

Over the moon he has finally released a new arcade game, and hopefully it's a sign of things to come. Also fantastic that this seems more financially secure, rather than depending on sales numbers. But in the camp of never will play it, unless its released on different platforms. I have never owned an Apple device, and never will. Fingers crossed for a console release down the line 🤞.

looks cool tho.
It would be a lock for me if it also came out on android.
I never had a apple device in my life so... Sorry Yu San. Pls forgive my soul LOL
Over the moon he has finally released a new arcade game, and hopefully it's a sign of things to come. Also fantastic that this seems more financially secure, rather than depending on sales numbers. But in the camp of never will play it, unless its released on different platforms. I have never owned an Apple device, and never will. Fingers crossed for a console release down the line 🤞.

Yes, this is where I'm at too. But if Apple straight up paid for this (which it looks like they have) that's a fair trade of for timed exclusivity. It certainly looks like the sort of game they could make money from outfits and dlc from so hopefully it's an evergreen title putting money into the YsNet coffers.

It looks to have a similar budget to the Panzer Dragoon remake which made back it's dev costs in a weekend

While the exact number of copies sold isn't known, revenue for Panzer Dragoon: Remake already exceeded the game's production costs by more than a double within its first weekend.​

According to a report from Forever Entertainment (thanks Saturn Memories for pointing this out) and Reuters (thanks DhessGamer), the combined revenue from digital and physical sales of Panzer Dragoon: Remake in its first weekend have already doubled the game’s development costs. In addition it’s noted that, combined with the prepayments from partners (not disclosed which ones), revenue from the game has in fact already exceeded the costs of game production by over 300%. This matches earlier remarks from the company’s CEO that the game’s development costs had already been recouped before it was even released. Due to contractual obligations, the exact sales numbers will apparently not be communicated. The report concludes by stating that the game will be released on additional platforms in the coming months. We already know that at least two of those platforms are Google Stadia and PC (via Steam/GOG).

Being mobile means I'll probably never play it, but it looks so cool.
Though surely YsNET didn't expand their workforce just to work on a mobile arcade shmup?

Maybe they're working on multiple mobile/indie console titles (and Shenmue IV, of course ;))

The game will be practically free (the first month at least) . I guess I can try to find some second hand Apple TV box for around 100$ and play it with a Ps4/xbox pad. I'm very excited to play some new Yu game, until the announce we all waiting for.

It’s encouraging that 1. It’s going on Apple Arcade, so in a way they’re profiting regardless, which should help them release other games 2. Reactions are mostly either amused or confused, not negative.

But yeah it’s not Shenmue 4. Let’s hope he’s building his own little future Shenmue arcade as suggested.

If you guys didn't know. Apple's exclusivity terms are so lenient that YS NET can port this to consoles and PC. Only no-go is Android. Limited Run of this would be great too!

Visually it looks amazing, I would love to see this released on consoles/pc so we can play it on bigger screens.

It’s encouraging that 1. It’s going on Apple Arcade, so in a way they’re profiting regardless, which should help them release other games 2. Reactions are mostly either amused or confused, not negative.

But yeah it’s not Shenmue 4. Let’s hope he’s building his own little future Shenmue arcade as suggested.
i dont care is not S4 right now. time will come. This is awesome and wonderful news.. pure Yu's fantasy flying shooter, im sold!

in any case 101 Industries seems NOT involved in Air Twister, so there is at least another game in development at YSNet.

Back