NEW YU SUZUKI GAME "AIR TWISTER" ANNOUNCED FOR APPLE ARCADE

Yes, I've been using an Xbox Series controller via Bluetooth. Hopefully it gets patched!

Yes, I've been using an Xbox Series controller via Bluetooth. Hopefully it gets patched!
Yeah I had the exact issue. I think a PS4/5 controller is fine

I was able to reach level 11 but i died. This game is so fun, the levels are interesting and the boss battles are wonderful, i hope one day we can get a PS4/PS5 release, i love playing this game.

i want to unlock everything in the game, i'm near about unlocking the second weapon.

Princess Arch in my game now

IMG_5243.jpgIMG_5244.jpg

I took a photo of the Edge review earlier today. Are you cool for me to upload it? I want to ask in advance in case it was a bit of a pickle.

Do we have any indication on how "succesful" this game is financially? Critically it seems a success.

Do we have any indication on how "succesful" this game is financially? Critically it seems a success.
Not especially.

The game was fully paid for by Apple, and the subscription model means conventional metrics of financial success are out of the window. I suppose you could look at the available player figures, but again, the subscription model makes Air Twister an evergreen title that will grow as the platform does.

Not especially.

The game was fully paid for by Apple, and the subscription model means conventional metrics of financial success are out of the window. I suppose you could look at the available player figures, but again, the subscription model makes Air Twister an evergreen title that will grow as the platform does.
More than 50,000 people have downloaded the game. Considering it’s exclusive to Apple Arcade, I’d say that’s pretty good. Whether or not Apple would agree is another matter entirely though.

5/10 review from Gamespot. Reads like a 6 if you ask me 🤷‍♂️

I do like the old school approach of if you die, you have to start from scratch. That's how we spent hundreds of hours playing our childhood games.

The truth of the modern world is that this is no longer a productive approach. I think the issue yu suzuki faces is he needs to learn to remove tedious elements from his games. The game should not force you to unlock hair and outfits just so you can reach a higher unlock to progress your health etc. That should be a separate system altogether, so I can see where the reviewer is coming from there. It's also an issue that Shenmue 3 faced with the money roadblocks and gambling system. It encouraged some tiresome and tedious moments which shouldn't have been there. It was almost as if the game was trying to stop you from progressing.

While I'm cool with all that and can handle it, I don't think its a productive approach and someone needs to mention it to Suzuki in his new games so it doesn't keep happening.

I think the review score was a bit harsh and i think a 6 or 7 would have been more appropriate, but i can see where the reviewer may have been coming from. Then again, it's only 12 levels, so it's not that long to do. Edge gave it a solid 7, which i think aligns more with what I've seen. I haven't played it yet though, but i can't wait to. It looks awesome

Ngl, I probably enjoyed Air Twister more than I did Shenmue 3. Air Twister just felt like a finished game that was completely in line with the creator’s vision. Shenmue 3, on the other hand, felt like a game that was built more around compromises than anything else. I’m not saying that there weren’t obvious reasons for this, but I’m now at a point where I’d rather see another game like Air Twister than another Shenmue game that’s held back by the same limitations as Shenmue 3.

Q: More than 30,000 people have played it in the five days since it first went live. You must feel pretty good about that?

A: 30,000 people have played it?

Q: According to one of the leaderboards, yes.

A: I see. I'm learning something! Yes, I’m happy.
Link

Can anyone with apple arcade check what the updated figures are for the total players?

Did you check the main leaderboard or the “shots fired” leaderboard? Iirc, the latter had already passed 50k before the end of the game’s first month.
Is that good for an Apple Arcade game?

Is that good for an Apple Arcade game?
It’s impossible to say really without having something to compare it to and knowing the total number of people subscribed to the service. I read a report a few months back in which an analyst predicted that as many as 70m people would be subscribed to AA by 2025, but that sounds like horseshit to me. The fact that we’re three years in and Apple still hasn’t even given a ballpark figure (they always lump it together with their other subscription services) suggests that uptake has been slow, which, given how few quality games there are on the service, really doesn’t surprise me. I think it’s also quite telling that most mainstream gaming sites have largely ignored Apple Arcade since its launch back in 2019, which is usually a pretty good indicator of how popular (or in this case, unpopular) something is.

Haha. I’m clearly getting a little sidetracked here, but I’d guess that if Mr. Suzuki was happy with 30k in a week then 50k in just under a month was also good.

Back