Mass shooting at Florida gaming event

This killer was a coward, and what happened is absolutely disgusting. My heart goes out to the families. I'm also sickened with how tragedy is weaponized for political gain to attack gamers, law-abiding gun owners, and people with mental health issues.

These kinds of rare killers often suffer from a very specific type of personality disorder. It's not easy to treat, and I'm still searching for the answers on how to best address this.

Unfortunately, emotions understandably run high, and cases like this are used to demonize different subgroups, as I mentioned before. It's just sad all around.

Turns out the cops have been called on this guy multiple times and has been put in the looney bin twice. Of course there have been arguments in regards to mental health. Here lies the difference between correlation and causality.

Yes, during the last fee shootings, the criminals had serious cases of mental health issues. However, those who suffer from mental health are likely to be victims as opposed to being criminals. Maybe it’s the medication, but who knows for sure. The guy was able to get guns in Maryland, which apparently has strict gun laws despite his history.

While we do need To make sure our gun laws are being enforced, how do we make sure authorities are taking care of people who have been known to be potential threats based on multiple calls? To me, some of these shooters should have been locked up a long time ago.

Back