General RGG Discussion

The game came out on Unreal 4, so this is just a revamp; EVERYTHING is literally in place already, there's no need to remake from the ground up, especially since the original title on PS4 looked so good in the first place.

As I've played this game 3 times already in Japanese (with a guide), I will not be purchasing this, as there's no need to go through it AGAIN lol.

It's one of the 7 best titles in the series though, on-par with 0, but not as good as 3, 5, 7, Lost Judgement.

Really? I thought it was just the old Yakuza engine that they built the original Ishin on?

Steam page states that Ishin Remake
comes with japanese audio only
and german, english, french, italian, spanish, chinese, japanese and korean text / subtitles

I'm just watching the RGG summit like
1N2F9Tp.jpg

Seriously after a summer with mostly so-so game announcement streams, these past 24 hours have been crazy; I liked the Nintendo Direct, Loved the State of Play and got even more hyped with the RGG summit a couple of hours ago.

While I had peace with Kiryu's swan song in 6, I love that they're bringing him back for multiple projects.
As long as they're able to maintain the quality of the previous games, I hope this franchise goes on forever.

I do feel that - unless we get another prequel type entry like 0 - Kiryu won't return as a playable character after 8.
Extending his 'career' a little bit is fine to me.

The only thing that would make this series of reveals (even more) complete would be a Shenmue IV announcement.

I'm fine with Kiryu coming back or even staying as long as there is a actual well written story behind that.
Like, if the reason convinces me, because how well written the idea is, then its fine.
I will only have a problem with it, if its clearly just a poorly written excuse to get Kiryu
back in there because the devs think the series and fans cant live without him and hes just the coolest character ever.
Thats a big difference.

Sure, the writing is EVERYTHING. It'll be interesting to see how RGG's first releases sans Nagoshi are received.

Of course the real world reason for Kiryu's comeback is his popularity, but as long as they have it make sense in-universe it's fine.

BTW I have no problem with some people wanting a definitive ending for the character (or maybe even the series).
I feel that way for some franchises too, just not this one.

Yeah, i mean Kiryu is a big part of every single main RGG game, even in the spin offs.
And we are talking about games with like 15, 25, 30 hours of story and cutscenes in each game.
So there already are dozens of hours of Kiryu storyline, way more than in any typical movie lore
and now we are in kind of a wobbly scenario
where his ongoing appearance / involvement could tip over into the annoying direction
if they arent careful.

I guess we will get a feeling for their idea with the upcoming Gaiden game. So we will see

Some small Yakuza 8 screenshots

3wjfmqgv2tn91.png

wwbiy6bx2tn91.png

ojxo5gu03tn91.png

nt1zgwy43tn91.png

nm4c21m73tn91.png

44xm6ow93tn91.png

3nguxhmb3tn91.png

j7wvz8re3tn91.png

qhes2xhi3tn91.png
Im not really interested in yakuza 8 just like I wasnt in 7 I don't like turn based combat but that's just my opinion I can't wait for Gaiden tho

I think it is kind of funny how it was mentioned earlier that Kiryu will have a brand new fighting style in Yakuza 8. But for me, with the game being turn-based, it really makes no Goddamn difference 😝

Ngl, I’m much happier about the Judgment games coming to PC than I am anything else. For a while it was looking like the whole Johnny’s rights issue might lead to the death of the franchise, but now that that seems to have been sorted, we’ll hopefully see more games in the future. I’ll probably check Ishin out too.

Kiryu's hair in 8 looks like it's supposed to be a funny disguise imo. I will say as much as I like Kiryu, 6 is still the perfect end for him imo. So that's my headcanon for where things ended with him, and everything beyond is just silly fanservice. :geek:

What if Haruka and the kids at the orphanage changed Kiryu hair to give him modern look. Kiryu loves the kids.

How could a Yakuza fan ask for more? 3 incoming games, a Remaster many have been pleasing for for years, a smaller action game with Kiryu & a full on sequel to Like A Dragon (7)... It's wonderful to see RGG really reclaim top form again and going forward!

I haven't watched the Like A Dragon 8 trailer as I am still playing through LaD7 this very moment, but I'm certainly intrigued by the other 2 for now. I never saw Ishin as important to remake - Especially after all the work needed to be done to make the other games in the series accessible. But throughout the PS4 generation RGG worked damn hard to give us a prequel, Kiwami1 & 2, Remasters of 3-6 & then sequels with 6 & LaD7. So while I still see it as an indulgence, if any game series deserves it it is this one! I can see myself playing it for sure!

Back