Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

Okay, this is like a Miracle. I finally got my Dispatch-Mail ("Your Order was dispatched"). But, i was online to 19:00, no e-mail. Right now i watched in my e-mails and i luckily saw my mail from 16:00. The e-mail was there for two hours yesterday but i saw it today. Awesome!!! :-) This is a true miracle and very magical. I love this surprises. :-)

Really? Damn--for awhile I had been planning to have digital purchases of all Shenmue(s), Yakuza(s) so I can swap between one and another with one; disc in the drive being whichever I'm playing most at the time.

Yeah. Unfortunately the PS4 doesn't deal with digital and disc copies like the Xbox One does. With the Xbox One, if you install a game with a disc but eventually get it digitally it just grants you the digital license and you don't have to reinstall the game. On the PS4, it'll tell you to insert the disc if you try playing the previously installed disc version even if you own it digitally.

Not to be a dick, I know people are concerned about their orders, but have any of you considered you're not getting a reply to your emails (or are getting generic responses when you do) because you're all emailing at once...? And that's just here on this forum. They're dealing with what? Thousands of orders? If not more? That's a lot of emails they could potentially be dealing with.

Just noticed that GAME UK have now taken the money from my account for the CE with them. No update on the shipping yet but I'd assume they'd usually go out towards the end of the day. According to the invoice they are shipping it with Royal Mail 24. Here's hoping I get a dispatch email later today, if not tomorrow!

Just noticed that GAME UK have now taken the money from my account for the CE with them. No update on the shipping yet but I'd assume they'd usually go out towards the end of the day. According to the invoice they are shipping it with Royal Mail 24. Here's hoping I get a dispatch email later today, if not tomorrow!
My GAME email said they're shipping the day before release date...

"Good news! We just wanted to let you know that we are now starting to process your pre-order and it will be dispatched the day before release via the delivery method below."

My GAME email said they're shipping the day before release date...

"Good news! We just wanted to let you know that we are now starting to process your pre-order and it will be dispatched the day before release via the delivery method below."
Haha yeh, just got the email now and came back to post that paragraph! Fuckers! lol getting my hopes up like that!!

Also, just seen on Reddit that some Australian people are getting postage updates from Fangamer, if that helps anyone:-
xdgdl6dzgmy31.jpg

Something just hit me... I'm a lousy slacker backer, but my emails say "Backer case" not "Slacker Backer Case" .. Any other Slacker Backers here? Does it say the same for you?

I want my slacker backer case because it will probably be more rare than the regular backer case

Grrrr! GAME just took my payment for the CE (great!), but due to some other outgoings (more like my inability to manage my money), couldn't process the steelbook payment. Luckily they haven't cancelled it right away, so I still have some time to get my shit together.

All good, though!

For those who didn't received their dispatching order yet :
- Have you checked your spam folder ?
- Are you sure that you chose the PS4 version ? As stated previously physical PC version will not be dispatched for now, they will provide the EGS key on launch day instead, and the physical box later
Yes I've been checking my spam folder. I can't believe I've been missing out on all these beautiful women wanting to meet up with me, and I've been winning a lot of contests and prizes that I guess I forgot I entered.

Really feel like Japanese backers have been shafted here. It seems that Fangamer have arranged different delivery companies for all of the large regions outside of the US (Europe, Australia, The UK) but are for some reason shipping Japanese backers’ copies from their US warehouse using USPS. Perhaps more annoyingly, it looks like they are going to release them at the same time as US orders meaning that there is zero chance that my copies will arrive in time for release day and that I’ll more than likely be waiting 3-6 days for them to turn up. I’m guessing there weren’t enough backers in Japan to justify paying a delivery company to handle the shipping. All the same, it’s incredibly frustrating and feels like a bit of a slap in the face.

Really feel like Japanese backers have been shafted here. It seems that Fangamer have arranged different delivery companies for all of the large regions outside of the US (Europe, Australia, The UK) but are for some reason shipping Japanese backers’ copies from their US warehouse using USPS. Perhaps more annoyingly, it looks like they are going to release them at the same time as US orders meaning that there is zero chance that my copies will arrive in time for release day and that I’ll more than likely be waiting 3-6 days for them to turn up. I’m guessing there weren’t enough backers in Japan to justify paying a delivery company to handle the shipping. All the same, it’s incredibly frustrating and feels like a bit of a slap in the face.
Well, I'm in Europe and I'm not even sure it will get here by the release date either... Not that that's comforting either...

Something just hit me... I'm a lousy slacker backer, but my emails say "Backer case" not "Slacker Backer Case" .. Any other Slacker Backers here? Does it say the same for you?

I want my slacker backer case because it will probably be more rare than the regular backer case
Indeed, I have this for a slacker backer PS4 case:

“Your order includes the following item(s):

1 x Shenmue III - Backer Slipcase
1 x Shenmue III - PlayStation 4 “

They also say: “All other kickstarted items will be delivered seperately - Please see Updates on Kickstarter for further information.”

There’s no mention of the slacker backer campaign.
Maybe there is a “Kickstarter Backer Slipcase” for the Kickstarter orders? If not, I guess we’ll have to see next week.

I’m in a similar situation. Although I live in Thailand, and not Japan. I have a Kickstarter order, and 2 slacker backer orders. I’ve not received any notifications of shipments.

I have also ordered PnL editions of the game, and a copy from Play-Asia. No notifications there either.

The only thing stopping me from freaking out is that one of my slacker backer orders was a digital download, so I’m hoping that on release day I will get a PSN download code. If it wasn’t for that I’d be royally pissed off by now. I’ve spent over £1000 on different versions of the physical game that are highly unlikely to turn-up on time. Without a single email from any of the 3 outlets to advise when I should be expecting receipt of the game.

Overall I’m unimpressed though. Yes, fangamer are dealing with a massive amount of orders, but the are also being paid for this service, and it feels to me that there are a number of people that are being let down.

Well, I'm in Europe and I'm not even sure it will get here by the release date either... Not that that's comforting either...
Haha. I want to say that it’s comforting, but I just feel bad for the both of us. From what I’ve read though, it’s looking likely that you’ll get your copy in time. It’s been with the Royal Mail for 24 hours now and so should be in mainland Europe and on its way to your home country. My copies are still sat in a warehouse in America waiting to be picked up by the delivery company as they have been for a week or so.

I have already preordered the deluxe digital copy and so will be playing by launch day at the latest so it’s not the end of the world, but it sucks to feel like they couldn’t care less about me getting my copy on time. It’s all the more annoying knowing that the game was made less than an hour from my house and in spite of this, I’ll probably be one of the last backers to get their backer copies.

Indeed, I have this for a slacker backer PS4 case:

“Your order includes the following item(s):

1 x Shenmue III - Backer Slipcase
1 x Shenmue III - PlayStation 4 “

They also say: “All other kickstarted items will be delivered seperately - Please see Updates on Kickstarter for further information.”

There’s no mention of the slacker backer campaign.
Maybe there is a “Kickstarter Backer Slipcase” for the Kickstarter orders? If not, I guess we’ll have to see next week.

Maybe we'll even see it tomorrow as there is a tiny chance i will get it then *_*

The Slacker Backer case was blue-ish, right? And the normal one red-ish?

Back