Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

Haha. I want to say that it’s comforting, but I just feel bad for the both of us. From what I’ve read though, it’s looking likely that you’ll get your copy in time. It’s been with the Royal Mail for 24 hours now and so should be in mainland Europe and on its way to your home country. My copies are still sat in a warehouse in America waiting to be picked up by the delivery company as they have been for a week or so.

I have already preordered the deluxe digital copy and so will be playing by launch day at the latest so it’s not the end of the world, but it sucks to feel like they couldn’t care less about me getting my copy on time. It’s all the more annoying knowing that the game was made less than an hour from my house and in spite of this, I’ll probably be one of the last backers to get their backer copies.
The hype train is beyond me. I might go on a shop tour and see if any stores broke the street date here and get an extra copy just to play this weekend....

Really feel like Japanese backers have been shafted here. It seems that Fangamer have arranged different delivery companies for all of the large regions outside of the US (Europe, Australia, The UK) but are for some reason shipping Japanese backers’ copies from their US warehouse using USPS. Perhaps more annoyingly, it looks like they are going to release them at the same time as US orders meaning that there is zero chance that my copies will arrive in time for release day and that I’ll more than likely be waiting 3-6 days for them to turn up. I’m guessing there weren’t enough backers in Japan to justify paying a delivery company to handle the shipping. All the same, it’s incredibly frustrating and feels like a bit of a slap in the face.
As someone in the same boat, I feel exactly the same way. You'd think they'd at least dispatch ours a few days earlier to give us at least half a chance of getting our copies on time. I'm guessing your tracking information hasn't been updating either?

And, although not a Japan-only issue, it really doesn't help that Fangamer take as long as they do to reply to emails (or mine, anyway). I get what Reprise is saying about them being indundated with the tens of thousands of copies they are processing, and yes, you have to cut them some slack for that, but I have never had a positive experience in communicating (or trying to) with them, even long before orders started being fulfilled.

Maybe we'll even see it tomorrow as there is a tiny chance i will get it then *_*

The Slacker Backer case was blue-ish, right? And the normal one red-ish?

I don't remember anyone saying that there would be difference between the kickstarter and slacker backer cases.

The blue one is for PS4 and the "reddish" for PC.

I don't remember anyone saying that there would be difference between the kickstarter and slacker backer cases.

The blue one is for PS4 and the "reddish" for PC.

Wait.. Is that how it was? I know for a fact that the slackers get a different T-shirt, but I could have sworn they also said "exclusive slacker backer case"

Hm, maybe you're right

The hype train is beyond me. I might go on a shop tour and see if any stores broke the street date here and get an extra copy just to play this weekend....
My wife works near Akihabara (Tokyo’s biggest electronics ward) and I’ve already had her wandering around stores after work. The chances of a Japanese retailer breaking street date are pretty slim though. Hopefully you have a bit more luck.

As someone in the same boat, I feel exactly the same way. You'd think they'd at least dispatch ours a few days earlier to give us at least half a chance of getting our copies on time. I'm guessing your tracking information hasn't been updating either?

And, although not a Japan-only issue, it really doesn't help that Fangamer take as long as they do to reply to emails (or mine, anyway). I get what Reprise is saying about them being indundated with the tens of thousands of copies they are processing, and yes, you have to cut them some slack for that, but I have never had a positive experience in communicating (or trying to) with them, even long before orders started being fulfilled.
I’d been holding off on emailing them as I assumed I wouldn’t get a response, but actually fired off an email just after my last post out of sheer frustration. At this point though, it’s a waste of time as I expect they’ll be shipping our copies out with the US copies tomorrow.

At the very least though I might get an apology and an admission that their handling of backers in Asia has been pretty poor.

I confirmed my address immediately after being prompted to (I had to do so in both Kanji and English) and received emails to say that my copies were waiting to be dispatched from Tucson USA along with some USPS tracking numbers. These both still say ‘label created, not in system’.

@MetalSonic

Nope, I think I'm right, i found it in my email; there is an exclusive slacker backer case

Attachments

• slacker.jpg
    slacker.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 14
Not to be a dick, I know people are concerned about their orders, but have any of you considered you're not getting a reply to your emails (or are getting generic responses when you do) because you're all emailing at once...? And that's just here on this forum. They're dealing with what? Thousands of orders? If not more? That's a lot of emails they could potentially be dealing with.

I haven’t e-mailed them recently but the last time I did, it took them a month to respond

As long as nobody is blaming YsNet for Fangamer being weird I'm happy.

Though I can imagine it's a logistical nightmare to get everyone's games out... But I'm surprised they seem to have organized the European shipping pretty much perfectly but not their home turf and Japan. Hm.

I feel for you guys, but I'm pretty sure at least the US and Canada will get the game around release... It seems to be worst for Japanese backers. :(

My wife works near Akihabara (Tokyo’s biggest electronics ward) and I’ve already had her wandering around stores after work. The chances of a Japanese retailer breaking street date are pretty slim though.
What a shame. If only Japanese retailers were as unprofessional as ours in the west.

Finally got my email too. U.S. east coast here.

Mine says:

kickstarter.jpg

Does that mean that the case itself is going to be a special Kickstarter version too? If so, that's pretty cool. I was starting to think that they were just going to send out regular retail copies but with an exclusive slipcase included.

Also glad to see it's being sent via USPS. I've had a million times better luck with them throughout the years than with UPS.

Back