Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

Yes, I've noticed in the menu there is an option for a Backer Code - So does anyone know of what this is yet? - Reply with Spoiler Prompts if need be

Last edited:
Can anyone with the copy check in their Fangamer account if the number in:
View Your Tier Information > SHENMUE3-#XXXXXX number is the backer code?

I got notification my copy is out for delivery any time between 15 minutes ago and about 4 hours from now. Very excited but it'll be a long day at work. I still have 8.5 hours left in my 12 hour day.

On a side note, I remember well picking up the first game on Dreamcast the day it released. I had to drive an hour after school (senior year) to the closest game store to pick up my preorder. Good memories.

If it makes you feel any better, my copies are still in Los Angeles (I’m in Japan). Glad your copy arrived early.
Same here, although it has now departed LA (which I assume is the case for yours, as well).

Do you have any past experience with USPS, and do you reckon it's going directly to Tokyo, or do you think it'll probably stop elsewhere along the way? If our packages are actually flying straight to Tokyo right now, I wonder if there's a chance they might come on Wednesday or Thursday?

If so, I could hold off on buying a digital copy and just finish off Shenmue II while I wait. I'll be seething with jealousy, but I could just about handle a couple more days.

While basic, the slip cover looks a millions times better then the fugly concept art. It's made of high quality card stock, and has a mat finish, There's no cheesy plastic wrap, like the concept art implied.

Also WTF why hasn't this been noted, Fangamer paid to have their own custom shipping boxes, which has the Shenmue 3 logo on it, with a nice border around it.

Last edited:
Mine FINALLY updated a few hours ago, it left Vancouver this morning at 6:47 am; if that's 'couv time, it'll be here in Toronto in 2 hours or so; if Toronto time, its already here and hopefully they're processing it today, out for delivery tomorrow.

Otherwise, methinks I will be getting it on Wednesday... first time I've said this in my life, but thank God for EB Games lol (ugh)

Didn‘t get mine either.
What a wasted day....

Solidarity. :(

I feel we were pretty unlucky.. Most people in Europe got it by now. There are just a few here I've seen who hasn't.

Tomorrow is our day mate.

Is the backer copy disk itself special? I managed to get a day 1 copy on Saturday from a local independent games shop, and the actual backer copy today looks inferior with no codes. I’m thinking of selling the backer copy on but wouldn’t want to if the build on the disk is superior to a bog standard copy (as it appears, slip case aside)

Back