110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Watch them do another Yu Suzuki interview but still not mention Shenmue IV πŸ˜‚
I wish I could laugh at this, but the pessimist within me thinks he just as easily could've been an advisor on Wanted Dead due to the arcade and Hong Kong references (and in return got to see how Wanted Dead was developed for S4 research) and 110 Industries saying 'eventually' to Shenmue 4 is just them literally talking as a fan.

I think the anime has a better chance of being made at this point.

I need another coffee. Maybe I'll change my mind or argue with myself later just for fun.

Last edited:
Yu Suzuki is assisting to TGS? Imagine everyone agrees in not mention him Shenmue 4 at all. I bet he would act funny.
I can totally see it. He would drive on stage in a forklift, stop in the middle, open his mouth and then without a single word drive off like nothing happened. Or just drive around in the viewable background moving crates.

Last edited:
TGS-2022-Timetable_08-31-22.jpg

18/09 will our prayers be answered?
I hope Suzuki is there even if S4 isn't going to be announced. That's a lot of potential publishers to sweet talk.

Last edited:
so nothing on the table at TGS this year.

Heard.

Another TGS plaussible scenario is Yu Suzuki not advancing Shenmue IV details but yet showcasing previously unseen content from S1-3 betas. Or goin "Lemme show you a VF RPG techdemo we did for System32/32x".
Or "Look, I want to show you how 3D games was in the past" and the audience "oh no, he wants to draw a mountain and later, a chicken, again".

No shenmue at TGS :( we can say goodbye to 2022.
Things are starting to be bad, if they don't announce the fourth game soon, it will be difficult to have both Shenmue 4 and 5 in this generation of console.

Last edited:
If it doesn't show at TGS it doesn't show. Things can easily change in gaming and we all know we're in a better place with Shenmue than pre Shenmue 3.

We regroup and continue the fight if there's nothing at TGS #LetsGetShenmue4!

I'm personally not expecting anything at TGS, as I'm of the opinion any kind of deal with 110 is a relatively recent development, and it seems like they've been asked to knock the teases on the head for now.

Yu Suzuki seems to prefer submarine mode when it comes to developing new projects anyway. A prospective Shenmue IV won't be this extreme, but don't forget we only heard about Air Twister weeks before its release. Think there needs to be a period of time in full production before they pull the ripcord and announce, even if they've been beavering away at their prototype for a while.

In any case, they need to make some kind of announcement if something is "cooking". Π•ven just with the logo to appease the fanbase. I can wait even two/three years if they showed me some screens from time to time and trailer one time in the year. Watching trailers, making discussions and theories, before the game comes out is part of the fun.

Showing nothing this year is a very bad move. At least interview with Yu Suzuki in which he officially announces that nothing is being developed at the moment and that he is looking for someone to invest. We deserve at least that.

In any case, they need to make some kind of announcement if something is "cooking". Π•ven just with the logo to appease the fanbase. I can wait even two/three years if they showed me some screens from time to time and trailer one time in the year. Watching trailers, making discussions and theories, before the game comes out is part of the fun.
This was the approach with Shenmue III and having been through that experience, I'd rather they just work privately until they're ready without fans breathing down their neck and the press overanalysing every single thing.

We have to accept a lot of people felt so let down by Shenmue III that they are unwilling to get behind Shenmue IV in the same way. For that reason I think if there is IV it would be better to reveal only when there is something good enough to show that it could help to dispel those doubts.

Such an approach could also help to alleviate the pressure that I think contributed to III not living up to what it could have been.

Back