110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

I dont think any of this suggests that there is actually anything going on.
You can look at it from any side you want, you can interpret it in any way you want.
Theres no proof for or against it.
110 Industries not denying that there is something going on,
can mean that there is something going or that there simply is nothing going on.
Maybe they dont want to deny it because they are working on something with Yu but its not S4.
Yu Suzuki commenting that he doesnt know of any 110 Industries S4 involvement
or that there even is a S4,
can mean that hes lying to keep the surprise or hes simply saying the truth.
Maybe 110 Industries has some special deal with Ys Net and thats why they refuse
to show us real facts but on the other hand,
its the publisher that is making the rules on who is allowed to say what and not the devs ...

Like literally there is zero proof for anything. Any guess is as good as any other.
This is more like a drinking game right now

I would love to be hyped about some actual S4 development hints
but all of this 110 Industries stuff is just random guesswork.
It could mean anything or nothing at all.

Reads like a poem 😅

More vague bullshit teasing Shenmue 4? Time to take your frustrations out on the Fuku-san punching bag again.

tPRCcrD.jpg
“Hey, don’t use that move!”

"Nothing we can say" is about as positive as a statement we'll get. They continue the teases, rather than issue flat denials of "no plans at this time."

Their focus is on Wanted: Dead and they want to have a successful launch with that game.

We know that Shenmue is a more niche game, but it does have a certain amount of hype that could detract from Wanted, especially considering E3 2015 and the anime making it more of a known series.

My guess is Shenmue IV is either in pre-development or active development, but this new company seems very intent on things close to the vest.

If Sergei is a big fan of Shenmue, he is probably well aware of the problems that Shenmue III faced by having to be in the public eye so early on due to demands, etc.

Best to allow them to work on it 'til something is ready to be shown, rather than show preliminary stuff to get something out there.

If it does exist and 110 is helping out, I expect the initial announcement trailer to be far beyond anything we saw for III in the early stages.
Fantastic post

Another dose of hopium for you. The question was worded ''Can you say that shenmue 4 is NOT in development'' and Sergei responded ''Nothing we can say'' also can be interpreted as ''we can't say that because it wouldn't be true''
That isn’t how the question was worded.

‘Can you say matter-of-fact that you’re NOT working on Shenmue 4?’

The question was specific to 110 Industries. It would have been very easy to answer that they weren’t involved in any way. Which they didn’t.

Yeah, as far as non-answers go, that one is pretty positive I'd say.

I think it's a safe assumption that they've been in discussions with YS at the very least. Game deals fall through all the time, though, which is why companies aren't in the habit of giving things away too early. Even if things are further along...there really isn't much benefit for a publisher to announce something before they're 100% sure if/when it's coming out. Most publishers are steering away from early announcements nowadays.

I agree this is positive. There’s something he could say but should not. I just don’t know why they wouldn’t say a clear no if they aren’t working on anything. Not saying it’s in development. But it would seem there is something going on. Whether that’s pitching the game or development, who knows.

I hate to piss on your picnic, but in the same Q+A, the guy literally says that they are not interested in working with legacy IPs at the moment and that they would rather work with young executives who are yet to prove themselves than with established creators. Neither statement suggests that 110 wants to help make a new Shenmue game.

Anyone stopped to think that maybe just maybe the anime could of been cancelled (for now) because shenmue IV could be happening? They might of felt shenmue 3 did not have enough to incorporate into a season 2 so they might be waiting for the next game to come out to fill up more episodes?? I don't know just taking a wild guess lol I'm going back to my banana patch and cry into my apples 🤣👍

Тhey can't say "No" because they don't want to close doors on the future potential projects with YS Net. Don't put too much hope into it. Or maybe they will say "No" month after the release of Wanted Dead to not lose Shenmue fans as buyers. :)

I am increasingly convinced that what they do in 110 is not Shenmue IV.

Last edited:
Again all caution must be used with this. I've my doubts.

Also the Anime being cancelled is completely unrelated, unfortunately

It comes across like the moment shenmue starts to gain any new interest, any positive reception/interest or sees a slight glimmer of success...it's like "Nope. We're not having that." I just wish some of these people would stop playing games with these tongue in cheek teases the novelty wore off back in may and carrying on is just being cruel especially for a die hard loyal fanbase.

I suppose that is the small glimmer of hope, if they have nothing to do with Shenmue why are they still teasing us about it after all this time. I'm not going to buy their other games just because they claim to be working on Shenmue and if it turns out they were just lying for attention this whole time I'll have nothing to do with any games by them.

When I first saw “Nothing we can say”, I instantly interpreted it as a pretty negative response (i.e. 'We're not involved, we can't comment'). But if many are seeing a clearly positive way to read into it, as a sort of standard non-committed response, then that's reassuring.

Especially since we are right on the heels of the second season's cancellation (for now at least), I genuinely hope 110 aren't taking us for one massive ride to promote their other projects.

I suppose we might hear more about their other games (Shenmue 4 perhaps?) once Wanted Dead is out in February.

I hate to piss on your picnic, but in the same Q+A, the guy literally says that they are not interested in working with legacy IPs at the moment and that they would rather work with young executives who are yet to prove themselves than with established creators. Neither statement suggests that 110 wants to help make a new Shenmue game.

I read it too, let's hope Shenmue could be an exception...

Not sure how right I am but here's my thoughts on Shenmue 4. Everything Yu is doing is for the completion of Shenmue. Yu is one of the greatest creators in video gaming. I don't think Yu comes out of retirement to just make games here or there. The guy is a legend and respect by all top creators.

All if this is leading to completing Shenmue. I think the option of Sega helping is off the table, I even think Yu using Sega licenses is off the table. I believe Deep Silver is off the table, Cedric confirmed that if you are doing sequels you gotta start right away while the team is in place.

I think Yu is alone in this fight of manifesting Shenmue 4&5. Now he's developing games and collaborating with smaller indie developers and saving money to go all in for Shenmue. Yu has been touched by how dedicated the fan base has been and I believe he's determined to finish this series even if he doesn't make big money. Besides Yu family and friends Shenmue has become his life purpose.

Yu message of saying that he'd never give up on finishing Shenmue to me says that its gonna take sometime but its coming. 110 is definitely playing some role in Shenmue 4, they've teased us relentlessly and when questioned they vaguely beat around the bush and never have they said "no."

At the latest we should here something by 2025 its gonna take time to save money, hire staff and create budget. Its just Yu and us everyone else has abandoned Shenmue. Let's Get Shenmue 4👊

It seems like 110 is good at securing funding. So I’m hoping they got several investors to fund smaller portions of the game. It would look really nice if 110 was able to take a franchise a lot of people had mixed feeling about and knock it out of the park.

Choosing quiet optimism about the Q&A comments. Deliberate language and evasively not answering parts of certain questions is not really normal unless there's something going on, but it's increasingly obvious that YsNet didn't approve of the social media teasing and may have asked it stop for now.

And while this is true, there are always exceptions to the rule. Given Sergei's personal admiration for Shenmue and Yu Suzuki, stands to reason he might bend the rules for them.

I guess it also depends on their release roadmap. By the time Shenmue rolls around, 110 might have already released two original works.

Back