110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again caution being urged.

Until I see that Shenmue 4 trailer I'm firmly on the fence.

At least they managed expectations from the offset which was good.

Of course we the May tweetathon next week but I'd rather nothing was announced here. It will get swallowed by Star Wars.

Maybe one of the summer game events if they wanted to make a splash.

I'm 99.9% they're working with YSNET but until I see anything Shenmue I'm keeping things very much in check.

Yeah, maybe I'm getting my hopes up too much... But I don't know. This "gut feeling" (which, I know, isn't the most trustworthy of things) tells me that we're good.

Yeah, maybe I'm getting my hopes up too much... But I don't know. This "gut feeling" (which, I know, isn't the most trustworthy of things) tells me that we're good.
I have to agree. I have the same gut feeling that this might more or less be guaranteed at this point. They had yet another opportunity yesterday to go public with a denial or dismissal of the rumor or the potential tie with Yu & Ys net but they didn't instead they used a strange worded message which can be considered another tease. They know what their doing at this point there's no question anymore.

Last edited:
I have to agree. I have the same gut feeling that this might more or less be guaranteed at this point. They had yet another opportunity yesterday to go public with a denial or dismissal of the rumor or the potential tie with Yu & Ys net but they didn't instead they used a strange worded message which can be considered another tease. They know what their doing at this point there's no question anymore.
If we get an announcement I don’t expect it right after the 13th episode airs, as they are separate things but I’d like to think we might see something on Monday or Tuesday 🙏

Little bit late to the 110 Industries video, and tweet, but just makes me feel that 100% something is going on there. The way they are going about everything/how the tweet was worded (which was very nice to be told upfront, not to expect too much today), it pretty much confirms they are doing something together lol. I know they haven't officially confirmed a working relationship as of yet, but the topics of the interview just scream that.. (also Yu seemed very at ease and relaxed, which would indicate that he had most likely met the interviewers before maybe?). As some said on here, the way the video just ends kinda feels like there is going to be a bit more to come in the future?

I think they are working on something, and as I said before, I don't think we will get an announcement until the project is in it's final stages (and that I feel it's honestly better that way). Going to be a very exciting few months/years until we hear about it :D

So is everyone totally convinced and persuaded now that something is definitely brewing between yu and 110 and some of us weren't going nuts after all? 🤣
I'm 99.9% convinced they're working together.

The thing I'm not as convinced on is Shenmue 4 but this is coming from a place where we got stung before. I'm still enjoying the ride with what is our first proper Shenmue 4 rumour.

This interview with Yu Suzuki is for me in the same spirit as the one he did when he promoted Shenmue in the VF3TB bonus video , he speaks alone, no question heard from the journalist, and seems to explain the start of his career

Imagine the dream :
-110 industries, supposed to be fans of YS, creates an interview inspired from the one present in VF3, this interview will be shown in 2-3- or 4 videos
-Yu Suzuki explains his life from start to now across those 4 videos
-At the last video , he ends by explaining how his concept and video games sight moved and finishes us with something like that : " I've come to the idea ..( describes his idea...) and we created a solid concept that reached to Shenmue 4, here is now a trailer, I hope you all like it

Result :
-110 industries pay honnor to Yu-san by providing him an interview in the same spirit as his first one,
-Shenmue 4 is presented in a way that respects the licence
- Shenmue 4 is presented to people by a man who seems to be a veteran of games with calm like a "master" , it gives him a better commercial image compared to kickstarter, where he was seen by the mass as an old has been creator that tries to make money scaming fans
- Yu Suzuki gets the respect he deserves

This interview with Yu Suzuki is for me in the same spirit as the one he did when he promoted Shenmue in the VF3TB bonus video , he speaks alone, no question heard from the journalist, and seems to explain the start of his career

Imagine the dream :
-110 industries, supposed to be fans of YS, creates an interview inspired from the one present in VF3, this interview will be shown in 2-3- or 4 videos
-Yu Suzuki explains his life from start to now across those 4 videos
-At the last video , he ends by explaining how his concept and video games sight moved and finishes us with something like that : " I've come to the idea ..( describes his idea...) and we created a solid concept that reached to Shenmue 4, here is now a trailer, I hope you all like it

Result :
-110 industries pay honnor to Yu-san by providing him an interview in the same spirit as his first one,
-Shenmue 4 is presented in a way that respects the licence
- Shenmue 4 is presented to people by a man who seems to be a veteran of games with calm like a "master" , it gives him a better commercial image compared to kickstarter, where he was seen by the mass as an old has been creator that tries to make money scaming fans
- Yu Suzuki gets the respect he deserves
This sounds like something i would expect from this scenario to pan out. The way that first video ended seemed like a follow up will come but to span across multiple and then drop that bombshell would ideally be perfect.

I'm on the fence, but I have a very hard time coming to terms with their behavior versus the end result.

Yu Suzuki is known amongst the video game world as a pioneer and a legend in his own right, having crafted some certified classics in his tenure.

That being said, in the current times and the past quarter century, he's best known for one series and one alone(alongside possibly Virtua Fighter).

Shenmue is a series near and dear to a very large community, so to play with the emotions of them is a significant risk if nothing is brewing.

We've had rumors and things over the years, but to my knowledge, no publisher has outright gone out of their way like this with teasing of a series.

Yes, they could simply be acknowledging the love for the series. If that be the case, I think any reputable publisher would've squashed the rumors once it hit the articles online. They didn't do so.

When the interview with Yu hit, I questioned

"Why was he front and center at TGS?"

"Why is he front and center again?

"Why did Ys Net expand?"

They had a direct line to people after that interview and their choice of wording was, again, to not say anything regarding the rumors, state they had nothing to announce "today" and go RIGHT back to liking anything and everything Shenmue IV related, including from more "known" fans like Huber and the LRG guy.

I'm not quite sure what to expect and as someone said, announcing it on the 4th would be drowned by Star Wars.

I don't know what to expect, but I think all signs point to Shenmue IV. And a game like that in the era of Covid, etc would've been easy to keep in the dark, especially with a publisher who most had never heard of.

What a lovely interview!

I actually got Takeshi Kitano vibes from the interview; it's so lovely to see Suzuki have such a great sense of humour! It's crazy that to this day we are learning new and interesting tidbits; some of which are covered already :)

I remember reading something or some things that mention how demanding and difficult YS is to work for, even that he was a bit of a yeller/shouter but he always comes across so calm and collected in interviews. I’d love to see some archival footage someday; it must be out there.

I remember reading something or some things that mention how demanding and difficult YS is to work for, even that he was a bit of a yeller/shouter but he always comes across so calm and collected in interviews. I’d love to see some archival footage someday; it must be out there.
I can't see that tbh I mean I know the people he works with probably have seen that side of him but as fans you just can't picture him in that light. He always comes across kind, polite and quite timid, if there was footage of that I'd like to also see it. Yu giving people pit blows and counter elbows for giving him backchat 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back