110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean just look at their Twitter likes over the past hour. I know they pretty much like anything it seems, but they're liking shit that's explicitly asking for Shenmue 4 and asking if it's a tease for Shenmue 4 and how a Shenmue 4 announcement would be amazing etc.

FamSs8Z.png

bEOLRP6.png

CTnwpVC.png

dxUKSYM.png

tVc9Egk.png

3yKJoT6.png

Like come on.

Yeah, at this point, they went too far with the teasing and too obvious for it not to be a teasing about Shenmue.

A few days ago, I could see all this being a big misunderstanding and coincidences. Now, I cannot imagine anything else than an annoucement about Shenmue. Even a new game developed by Yu Suzuki not being Shenmue seems highly improbable to me at this point. With the interview they released, the only 2 games that Yu Suzuki made that he talks clearly about is Shenmue and Viruta Fighter (which was the base for Shenmue). C'mon, when he speaks about the very old time when 3D didn't exist he didn't say names like Hang-On, Space Arrier, After Burner, Out Run or his experience on Boxing Champion, his first game ever. Even when talking about 3D he could've talked about Viruta Racing which was his first 3D game.

The chunk of the interview they kept is very, VERY, Shenmue-oriented.

At this point, I really can't believe that all of this is a misunderstanding or a clumsiness from their part. I am very confident that they will announce a new Shenmue game, and that game is probably Shenmue 4.

What are the chances that Yu Suzuki is working on the Wanted: Dead Project and they are hoping that we will like the game because of the similar setting? :) The location of the game is hong kong after all...

Last edited:
What are the chances that Yu Suzuki is working on the Wanted: Dead Project and they are hoping that we will like the game because of the similar setting? :)
I dont think so. Wanted Dead is a already announced project with trailers, spotlight on the staff articles and so on
and 110 Industries commented on their own Yu Suzuki Twitter post
that there is going to be more content for all the people who are only interested in Wanted Dead soon.
So it does not sound like these two things are connected.

I replied to their tweet asking if it was a multi video series and they liked the tweet. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If they’re doing something they’ll release several interviews and then announce whatever they’re doing with Yu.

I replied to their tweet asking if it was a multi video series and they liked the tweet. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If they’re doing something they’ll release several interviews and then announce whatever they’re doing with Yu.
I'm going to flip out if he announces Shenmue 4 at the end of the last part of the interview, because that'll mean several people likely knew about this since last TGS.

Again caution being urged.

Until I see that Shenmue 4 trailer I'm firmly on the fence.

At least they managed expectations from the offset which was good.

Of course we the May tweetathon next week but I'd rather nothing was announced here. It will get swallowed by Star Wars.

Maybe one of the summer game events if they wanted to make a splash.

I'm 99.9% they're working with YSNET but until I see anything Shenmue I'm keeping things very much in check.

@Guy-ManAfterAll oh sh... no offense intended there with my post, but iwas lousy , a bit out of line. Sorry ;) friday doesnt excuses it. just for your knowledge i say weefee (wifi) 🤤
in case i cant catch til tomorrow, you have nice saturday and same goes for all of you people of course.

@Yu Suzuki
y2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back