110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing interesting to say at the moment.
Very busy at my job today. so wont be posting much.
Will be keeping an eye here of course. just in case something pops.

By the way, did u know that April 20th is the National banana day? like wtf... who knew the banana had her own day LOL
Joel its always a pleasure reading you. I hope you finish smoothly and have a well deserved break.
May the 4th 3rd be with Yu, buddy 💪

The more I think about it, 110 will probably announce Shenmue 4 soon. If this is a big troll they will get flamed like Blue Box did after teasing Silent Hills. If they're smart they wouldn't troll like that. I remember Josh Fairhurst saying he's willing to fully fund a Shenmue 5 if 4 happens. And he said LRG would do full sized mirrors (the best timeline)

Bj4mkww.jpg
The only contender are those guys still posting in the kickstarter comments

I'm glad @Bule is still fighting the good fight :)

Alot of people are jumping at them on twitter saying "we had a feeling you were capping" and "why mislead and draw attention." They should really take this as the opportunity to fess up what's really happening because there will inevitably be alot more criticisms and harsher messages coming their way now that these articles have picked up an "opinion" and spun as the gospel truth. Media is a f*cker. Quick enough to write bogus about shenmue but never quick enough to give the series it's real due.

Alot of people are jumping at them on twitter saying "we had a feeling you were capping" and "why mislead and draw attention." They should really take this as the opportunity to say what's really happening behind the scenes because there will inevitably be alot more criticisms and harsher messages coming their way now that these articles have picked up an "opinion" and spun as the gospel truth. Media is a f*cker. Quick enough to write bogus about shenmue but never quick enough to give the series it's real due.

Here's my approximate translation of the key part:

Esra: I think all the fans will be wondering and looking forward to what will be coming next. I don't expect you'll be able to say much on this stream... [Suzuki laughs] but if you have the chance in future to make something Shenmue related, what sort of thing would you like to make? For example, Shenmue 4, or some kind of spin-off etc. We would really like to hear what you think about that, to the extent you're able to comment.

Yu Suzuki: Of course, I'd really like to make Shenmue 4 or a spin-off title, if I have the chance.

Esra: That's about as much as you can say? [Suzuki laughs] Your continued desire to make something hasn't changed, then.

Yu Suzuki: I'm still frequently getting lots of enquiries from everyone asking me about Shenmue 4, or even a spin-off. And if I have the chance, I'd really like to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back