Recent content by Irishryo

1. I

Tips to Replay Shenmue 3

I intend to replay Shenmue 3 for the first time and I was wondering if anyone had any tips to help enjoy the experience? Perhaps in terms of collecting items?
  2. I

Was Shenmue 3 comical compared to 1&2?

Good points.... The fire extinguisher and boat/seagull scenes are two good examples.... There's a balance that has to be struck and I think they went a bit... Pardon the pun overboard with the humour... Personally my preference would be even to make the QTE fail scenes to be serious and I'd they...
  3. I

Was Shenmue 3 comical compared to 1&2?

Hi All, Just a random thought today and I'm not into shenmhe bashing just an open discussion... but I was thinking playing shenmue 3 some parts just felt kinda cheesy/comical. Some moments in 3 that vaguely come to mind are Ryos punches outside the hideout with Mr Muscles and especially the...
  4. I

Lost Game & Steel book Case :(

Hey everyone When Shenmue 3 came out I was lucky to pick it up on release day at my local GameStop at full price. After completing it I spontaneously wanted to lend it to a friend to try spread some of the joy and nostalgia but he wasn't home... I was in a rush and covid had just hit so I...
  5. I

Favourite collectable items? Tips for replaying to collect items?

Hi All, It's been a good few months since I finished Shenmue 3 and when I played through it I must admit I kind of rushed it straight through the story. I am just wondering in future when I sit down with it again in future, I thought I'd be fun to go back and play to collect alot of items I...
  6. I

Modern Games are boring?! Not Shenmue!

I'm an old school gamer.... Man I used to game alot.... Anyway I was just thinking I find it a bit funny that I found it absolutely no problem at all to complete Shenmue 3 whereas this year I have played Red Dead Redemption 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, the new Spider Man and the new metal gear...
  7. I

Fishing Thread - Locations, Records & Tips

That's the snakehead I was talking about! :) Your one was bigger! I was a bit disappointed by how much Dolla I got for it tho...
  8. I

Shenmue 3 Funniest Moments

Same happened to me! I thought Ryo would really do anything to get his revenge!
  9. I

Oh yeah can't remember exactly who said it, I think it was Ten maybe, but shenua makes a decision in front of Ryo or something and he goes... It's obvious who wears the pants between you two :D
  10. I

Making money

I found one of the most enjoyable ways to earn money was to go to the colour fortune teller... If you get red, yellow or blue... Then go to either a red, yellow or blue capsule machine... I have a strong suspicion it increases your chances of getting rare toys. If you're looking for variety it's...
  11. I

Impressions on the plot and the ending (only read if you finished the game)

The girl Niao Sun... Did the mysterious girl have As big boobs as her?!
  12. I

Funny Moments in S3

One of the lucky hit workers in Niouwu was also terrified working at heights on a bridge.... Ryo really was a matchmaker in this game... There were two side quests where you try hook someone up... I think I also found an Easter egg when a cut scene popped up showing the hotel owner with the hair...
  13. I

There's no doubt about it... S3 has its funny moments... What parts made you laugh the most? Some moments that jump to mind here: When Ryo says he's not experienced catching ducks but experienced catching chickens The antique shop in Bailiu, you have the option of calling the old lady...
  14. I

Funny Moments in S3

There's no doubt about it... S3 has its funny moments... What parts made you laugh the most? Some moments that jump to mind here: When Ryo says he's not experienced catching ducks but experienced catching chickens The antique shop in Bailiu, you have the option of calling the old lady...
  15. I

Funny Moments in S3

Back