Funny Moments in S3

There's no doubt about it... S3 has its funny moments...

What parts made you laugh the most?

Some moments that jump to mind here:

When Ryo says he's not experienced catching ducks but experienced catching chickens

The antique shop in Bailiu, you have the option of calling the old lady "granny" or "georgeous"?!

There was also a guy who kept pestering about how Ryo is always running around and how he must be wrecked?!

When Ryo says he's not experienced catching ducks but experienced catching chickens

The antique shop in Bailiu, you have the option of calling the old lady "granny" or "georgeous"?!

There was also a guy who kept pestering about how Ryo is always running around and how he must be wrecked?!

Sorry wrong section... it should be in the spoiler section... Please delete this thread

I was going to mention that during a conversation with Shenhua, Ryo, actually got the idea of wanting to use the same swing that Shenhua talked about using as a child with the whole complete with, "I'll give it a shot." Yeah that was pretty out of character for him to say that, but it was amusing! Shenhua had to remind him that the swing wasn't made for someone as big as him lol.

One of the lucky hit workers in Niouwu was also terrified working at heights on a bridge.... Ryo really was a matchmaker in this game... There were two side quests where you try hook someone up... I think I also found an Easter egg when a cut scene popped up showing the hotel owner with the hair curls practicing Tai chi with someone in the park and Ryo is like WTF is going on?

Spoiler for a hidden scene:

In Niaowu if you go to the arcade by the docks, go up to the second floor, across the walkway past the lucky hit boards to the corner of that building, there's a secret scene where Ryo sees Madam from Hotel Niaowu dancing with someone (I was very tired, can't remember the exact NPC) out back in the garden, and he remarks "really? Wow!" or something. That cracked me up, because it's just classic Shenmue.

Many of the QTE fails, my favorite being:

Ryo getting domed with a fire extinguisher by one of the Red Snakes

Without a doubt, I now personally hold that the kid in the DLC content is the funniest moment in the game, if not the series.
I was dying when they kept providing those
Tim and Eric style slow-mo zoom ins on the kid, as if he's some absolute demon.

Without a doubt, I now personally hold that the kid in the DLC content is the funniest moment in the game, if not the series.
I was dying when they kept providing those
Tim and Eric style slow-mo zoom ins on the kid, as if he's some absolute demon.
I concur. I was in hysterics at the entire quest.

I also really enjoyed the 'oya-baka,' and his brat son, from the DLC.

My favorite funny moment in SIII, though, was Ryo talking with the kid in the blue striped shirt in Bailu about where babies come from. All three answers were great, but the best one was when he tries to tell the kid the story of Momotarou.

Oh yeah! I forgot about that. That was great.

A random NPC called 'CC' in Niaowu who mistakes Ryo for the most ridiculous people. She even mistook him for the girl working at the Tomato mart...

This character feels like a nudge to the NPC in Shenmue 2 who mistakes Ryo for random Japanese people he met while travelling.

Last edited:
My favorite funny moment in SIII, though, was Ryo talking with the kid in the blue striped shirt in Bailu about where babies come from. All three answers were great, but the best one was when he tries to tell the kid the story of Momotarou.
Never saw that dialogue.

Shiling wacking goons with her brush, Ryo getting all uncomfortable taking Shenhua to "dinner" at the restaurant and the cruise ship receptionist getting all angry about the fat kid trying to touch her "buttocks" were all hilarious :ROFLMAO:

I just did the side quest where Ryo has to get Ren the almond mushroom and Ren gives him all of that junk. Ryo's expression made me laugh out loud!

This video doesn't do it justice. When I did it, it was the perfect camera angle and Ryo's -_- face was perfect!

Back