Shenmue III in magazines

Currently playing
Shenmue II
I thought it might be convenient to have a specific thread about new Shenmue III articles in magazines, since there'll hopefully be a few of them over the coming months. As it grows we can try and keep this first post updated with quick links to the beginning of discussion about each one.

You may well have missed it being posted in the uninviting fast-cycle clusterf*** we call the Random Thoughts thread that the current issue of PC Gamer (published in the UK) has a preview piece by the same writer as the recent Edge cover story, with nothing particularly new but a nice read nonetheless:

If and when you see more articles being printed, post about them here so that collectors can try and grab a copy if they want. ?

As mentioned in... a certain other thread, the new issue 335 of Hobby Consolas in Spain has Shenmue III mentioned on the cover. It's part of the leading feature about "The Big Ones - 10 Games You Didn't Know You Wanted."

9b826508f31b73cdb14bfb9e12e73b2a2f23b36e9629ee497bdbca4eb27bbb5b.jpg

Just got mine through the post today and noticed this too. Shame it's 47 on the 50 hottest games coming out for PS4.
At least its there and given recent events a little quiet nod is a good thing imo.

We shall likely see more bits popping up in magazines in the next months.

short article in the latest M! Games. It is a postive one. They are Talking About the limited Edition and describing the Gameplay. They think that the controlls are better than than the HD Remaster. The most intersting stuff in the article is though that they mentioned Chai and that they saw him for a short Moment in the showed Scenes. Maybe I forgot but cannot remember that other prieviews mentioned that. 3367

short article in the latest M! Games. It is a postive one. They are Talking About the limited Edition and describing the Gameplay. They think that the controlls are better than than the HD Remaster. The most intersting stuff in the article is though that they mentioned Chai and that they saw him for a short Moment in the showed Scenes. Maybe I forgot but cannot remember that other prieviews mentioned that. View attachment 3367
We saw Chai in the Walmart leaked footage iirc.

Good for them! Everyone should boycott manufactured fake outrage. No one shoiud be pandering to those who peddle a false narrative.

Other than their dumb comment about Steam/EGS, they raise an important point about the demo lenght. I feel like that showing was a bad idea. 15 minutes to experience a slow paced game based around it's atmosphere ?
When Yu Suzuki himself is saying "I made this game for people to enjoy it slowly" "Please take your time playing it". 15 minutes to be introduced to Quests, Fight, Mini-Games, Jobs, Gacha means 3 minutes per activity. That's SHORT as fuck.

It wasn't dumb though, was it? It's the truth, but those peddling outrage don't care because it doesn't fit their narrative. The fact is, this is about one thing only. PC gamers don't like Epic Store Games.

Only a minority of previews I've seen were particularly negative, and those writers gave the impression that no amount of time with the game would have changed their minds. Extending the length of the demo would have reduced the number of outlets able to play it, so I think the trade-off worked out in the end.

Back