110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, you mean that news article was pure bullshit? Wow, how surprised I am.

The work of that troupe is disqualified and doesn't make any sense. What does a journalist understand about games to begin with? Do they study game design at university? I did not know that.

If you want to stay informed, just follow the developers on their official sources. You'll get the news first hand and no bullshit.

Wait, you mean that news article was pure bullshit? Wow, how surprised I am.

The work of that troupe is disqualified and doesn't make any sense. What does a journalist understand about games to begin with? Do they study game design at university? I did not know that.

If you want to stay informed, just follow the developers on their official sources. You'll get the news first hand and no bullshit.
Don't study game design in college, shitty idea. I know first hand. They just have you read books you can buy cheap on Amazon and have you make powerpoints lol.
You want to learn game design? design games.
Want to critique games? Play a shit ton of games.
College sucks.

It wasn't bullshit per se. It's just an article based on Yu's - as usual - non-committal, vague words on a Shenmue sequel. I guess "no concrete plans" is speculative and conjecture, but it's basically what is implied by what he said. But then he's hardly going to announce it like that if there are things going on behind the scenes.

The phrase "how long's a piece of string?" is applicable here. A couple isn't a quantifiable amount of time. Could be this week, next week, the week after that, the week after that...

Best to just be Zen about it, the time will pass way easier.

Yeah, like I said before, "couple of weeks" can be used in the very literal sense as "two weeks", or more in a metaphoric sense as "very soon".

If there are no annoucement tomorrow, I won't lose hope from them

Reading the last 24 hours of posts has me feeling like...

1651606708614.png

Also, if they could announce Shenmue IV in the next couple of days, that would be great as I would love my 1,000th post to celebrate the game being confirmed ❤️

Surely within this month we should hear something.

Should've said several weeks as many people took it to be literal it seems.

Thank you Switch for the translation. Yu Suzuki always gives that reply when he's either developing a game or wants to really badly. 'No concrete plans'? Pretty sure Yu 'plans' on making Shenmue IV one day. Even if it doesn't get announced by 110 industries, I believe it will happen one day. A Spin off game? I wonder who the main character would be? Iwao?

Anyway, keep the faith but we still know if it's Shenmue 4 or that Sega are working with them because their website is down.

Should've said several weeks as many people took it to be literal it seems.
Some game companies are awful at what they interrupt at what 'coming soon' means. Sometimes it takes months or years for something to be revealed but I really doubt that's the case with 110 industries.

A couple is two.
Eh... if you're talking like a couple in the romantic sense, but otherwise it can mean above that. Like if someone offered you a plate of fries and you said you'd have a couple, you wouldn't just be taking two.

Anyway it's semantics, general point is to just sit tight. I have a theory 110 might be reading this thread, so hopefully they take pity and throw us a little red meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back