110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
uEWzLmZ.png

hqdefault.jpg

A fascinating ride this has been. Quite a bit more time to go in the week and it seems like it has been relatively quiet on the gaming news front.

Pretty good week for 110i to make some waves with a Shenmue IV announcement. I still just don't see any other reason for Yu Suzuki to be so prominent with them. Yes, he has done other series', but we know it isn't Virtua Fighter.

And we tend to forget that saying "Why do you think he was at TGS?" is a pretty blatant confirmation they wanted to do something, or were planning something for a potential fourth entry way back then.

Notice how they never walked that back, either.

A fascinating ride this has been. Quite a bit more time to go in the week and it seems like it has been relatively quiet on the gaming news front.

Pretty good week for 110i to make some waves with a Shenmue IV announcement. I still just don't see any other reason for Yu Suzuki to be so prominent with them. Yes, he has done other series', but we know it isn't Virtua Fighter.

And we tend to forget that saying "Why do you think he was at TGS?" is a pretty blatant confirmation they wanted to do something, or were planning something for a potential fourth entry way back then.

Notice how they never walked that back, either.

Yep, at this point I'm 100% sure they are working on a game with Yu Suzuki.

I'm 80% sure it's Shenmue 4
20% of me thinks it might be something else, because maybe they are teasing "working with the creator of Shenmue" and not "working on a new Shenmue"

But at this point, there are so many things pointing to Shenmue 4!

Calm down people...It's not the big announcement 😅
Well now this shocks me honestly. I find this 110 movement very amateur even unproffesional. Imagine you're Trip Hawkins (genious who used to prototype game hardware in paper napkins... and whats the big deal of him +60??), you become part of the company, makes an announce of it and then they go "Oh no, this is not the big one". Its rude even if unintended. Thanks we are at the end of the road because this yelled "red flag 4 silly company" to me.
This protocolar stuff, communication, no disclosure... is very well noted in Japan. uuuf this brough me down

Well now this shocks me honestly. I find this 110 movement very amateur even unproffesional. Imagine you're Trip Hawkins (genious who used to prototype game hardware in paper napkins... and whats the big deal of him +60??), you become part of the company, makes an announce of it and then they go "Oh no, this is not the big one". Its rude even if unintended. Thanks we are at the end of the road because this yelled "red flag 4 silly company" to me.
This protocolar stuff, communication, no disclosure... is very well noted in Japan. uuuf this brough me down
I guess it's because Trip Hawkins doesn't resonate with mainstream audience. It's not a name that is as impactful as Miyamoto, Suzuki, Kojima etc... And also because he is simply an advisor to the board, which isn't that big a role inside the enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back