~ Road to CyberPunk 2077 Thread ~

Normally i'm really not the type of gamer that jumps on every single hate or drama train
but i feel like the console version of Cyberpunk deserves way more critizism from gamers.

I mean just look at the footage. We are talking about consoles
that can run Read Dead 2, Spider Man, Ghost of Tsushima and stuff like that in decent quality and performance.
Now look at Cyberpunk. They used low settings, a extremly low resolution and it still drops below 20 fps?
How low do they have to go to achieve at least 30?

Even this low quality version with none of the enhanced PC settings still drops below 60 fps on PS5 and Series X.
Like ... i dont know what to say about that. Thats terrible.

This game was announced when the PS4 and Xbox One was still 'up to date'.
This game was announced as a PS4, Xbox One and PC game.
Yet they never showed any actual base console footage,
all of the preview event stuff was always on PC, even on PCs provided directly by CD Project Red
so they could make sure that it looks the best it can.

There was no available console version for the reviews on release day,
99% of the footage we saw in all this time, was ultra settings on PC.
Watch all of these event videos again and then compare that to the actual console gameplay footage right now.
How is this not a scam? 70€ for a low settings, low resolution, 22 fps game
that was never shown like this anywhere before release. Thats not okay if you ask me.

Runs good in my pc (i5 9400F gtx 1060 6gb) in high kinda medium specs

Starting act 2 so far. Just a few bugs of people walking, today have a 4.8gb patch on Epic so I'm gonna see if I notice a difference.

@otbr87

What was your opinion of The Last of Us 2 and how did you get Cyberpunk for $8?
Through my business I have a few contacts and often get new Xbox releases cheap under $10 typically(digital only). All games end up being worth the cost cause it's basically like an old school rental fee, but I haven't actually bought anything I loved yet. Bought Ghost of Tsushima at the full $66 because it wasn't available to me at a discounted price, and it's worth every penny of that $66. As for The Last of Us 2? Not good, but much better than Cyberpunk 2077(so far)and that is sad because TLOU2 had so much potential, as did Cyberpunk but neither delivered. Cyberpunk is less pointless in it's broken story telling, but TLOU2 is an overall more engaging game and isn't technically broken(and I am cringing at saying this, but it shows how overhyped CP2077 is). Some of my main issues with The Last of Us 2 are at the bottom of this thread https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/year-in-review-2020.3350/

to be honest i'm not surprised you had a bad experience with cyberpunk 2077 on the original xbox one. a lot of reports/reviews are saying it's pretty much unplayable on the xbox one/ ps4.

i haven't got a ps5 yet but hopefully by the time I get one next year they would've sorted all the bugs out. I did read some comments on an article and People pointed out that witcher3 was pretty much unplayable when it first came out.. Apparently once they sorted all the problems out, witcher 3 was a completely different game.. maybe the same will happen to cyberpunk? ( not on current gen though)
I'm not either really, but most of my first impression thoughts was on the quality of the game itself, graphical issues, texture issues and framerates aside, its not a game I'm enjoying. My personal experience on a tech side is still better than what most PS4 users have experienced. That system is truly the shits for this game from what I've seen online.

Reactions: red
Normally i'm really not the type of gamer that jumps on every single hate or drama train
but i feel like the console version of Cyberpunk deserves way more critizism from gamers.

I mean just look at the footage. We are talking about consoles
that can run Read Dead 2, Spider Man, Ghost of Tsushima and stuff like that in decent quality and performance.
Now look at Cyberpunk. They used low settings, a extremly low resolution and it still drops below 20 fps?
How low do they have to go to achieve at least 30?

Even this low quality version with none of the enhanced PC settings still drops below 60 fps on PS5 and Series X.
Like ... i dont know what to say about that. Thats terrible.

This game was announced when the PS4 and Xbox One was still 'up to date'.
This game was announced as a PS4, Xbox One and PC game.
Yet they never showed any actual base console footage,
all of the preview event stuff was always on PC, even on PCs provided directly by CD Project Red
so they could make sure that it looks the best it can.

There was no available console version for the reviews on release day,
99% of the footage we saw in all this time, was ultra settings on PC.
Watch all of these event videos again and then compare that to the actual console gameplay footage right now.
How is this not a scam? 70€ for a low settings, low resolution, 22 fps game
that was never shown like this anywhere before release. Thats not okay if you ask me.
This right here. You said exactly my thoughts. There's no excuse for this game to look like something from the original Xbox early 2000's era on launch day. They intentionally pushed this trash out to make their money based on the hype. Look at the stats from today, they have already recovered investments and are in the profit on this game now. When GTA 5 came out on the 360 and PS3 it still looked and functioned good, quite frankly it functioned, performed and visually was stunning for a 2013 release months before the XB1/PS4 gen launched. While the newer gen consoles blew it away graphically and adding new features like the first person option, GTA 5 was fully functional, playable and top notch presentation for a 360/PS3 era title, whether anyone likes the game/story/style isn't really what's at discussion here. My opinion is Cyberpunk 2077 sucks really bad as a story and is dull as a game that had so much potential, thats just one persons opinion(though many are sharing the same feelings), but its undeniable this game was released in a totally broken state on the technical side. Kind've funny people sent death threats over a 3 week delay, but no one is sending death treats over being ripped off blatantly with the condition this game released in. Even PS5/XBS/high end PC users are saying their game is buggy and trash, same goes for XB1X and PS4 Pro.

So...anyone playing on current gen consoles? If so, how have your experiences been?

I've been playing mainly on PC. I have a RTX2060 with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. For the most part I'm getting decent performance at high presets. I have it installed to my M.2 SSD drive to get the most out of drive speeds as well. I'd say I get mostly 60fps or more at 1080p with the occasional dips when heavily congested. I turned on DLSS and set it to target performance so that helps, I think. I've seen a couple of bugs here and there. But nothing too major so far.

But I'm still curious how the console versions are going? I'm still waiting for my PS4 version to arrive from Amazon. Should be here next week.

I hear the base consoles are getting the worst of it right now. I watched Digital Foundry's PS4 video...I'm super curious to see this on the Base Xbox One. Considering the Base Xbox One was notoriously hindered in performance compared to the base PS4 back in the day. Yeah, really curious to see that version running.

As for the game itself? A resounding "meh" is pretty much what I feel so far. The city itself is amazing at night. I kind of wish they didn't bother with a day night cycle. That city shines best at night and I almost would have accepted a permanent night setting given how amazing it looks at night. The game itself hasn't really grabbed me though. It just feels like another open world game that isn't radically doing anything new. And after a gen of open world over saturation, I'm beginning to realize just how over open worlds I actually am.

Last edited:
If you dare criticize it, you'll get mobbed by CD Project Red uber fanboys :)

It is sad to me how willingly shilling people have become and if you even have a remote criticism, you're now just seen as a "hater."

When did fanboyism become the new norm?

@danielmann861
Am playing (around an hour or so) on the old school ps4. Without the day one patch. Am enjoying all the defects in the textures and NPCs. The ps1+2 reference is totally spit on.

I absolutely love (am being serious by the way) the Skateboarding characters without the skate boards gliding around. My kids geeked out in it as did I.

The biggest pain are the hiccups in frame rate, not being able to interact/get items. Trying to talk to the NPCs and woking 20% of the time. If the frame rate was steady i would be fine with the list of the problems. But am sure there are more down the line that make it worse.

am enjoying it so far, which might not last long (I'll let you know) The plan is to play through the street kid story, without updating the game to see the difference. once they get the base console running
Properly.

I have played this thing for a few hours now, and…well, it is certainly your typical modern-day, overhyped AAA video game.

After an obnoxious 5 hour update on my base PS4, I am met with god awful frame rates, pop-in, stuttering, downgraded graphics (of course), missing textures, V randomly appearing naked, a drunk map waypoint – the list goes on. Not to mention just how boring it all feels. Despite IGN waffling on about "big bushes" or whatever, the game's world feels like another lifeless open-world sandbox that sports gameplay I’ve seen a dozen times before (basically just GTA/Deus Ex with a Bladerunner 2049 aesthetic) complete with a boring story and forgettable characters. But hey! It has Keanu Reeves in it and at least you can customise your penis, right?

I feel like I just wasted £50 for a more broken, less compelling, and less stylish copy of a game you can currently get for £5 off Amazon:

1607772499905.png

So...anyone playing on current gen consoles? If so, how have your experiences been?

I've been playing mainly on PC. I have a RTX2060 with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. For the most part I'm getting decent performance at high presets. I have it installed to my M.2 SSD drive to get the most out of drive speeds as well. I'd say I get mostly 60fps or more at 1080p with the occasional dips when heavily congested. I turned on DLSS and set it to target performance so that helps, I think. I've seen a couple of bugs here and there. But nothing too major so far.

But I'm still curious how the console versions are going? I'm still waiting for my PS4 version to arrive from Amazon. Should be here next week.

I hear the base consoles are getting the worst of it right now. I watched Digital Foundry's PS4 video...I'm super curious to see this on the Base Xbox One. Considering the Base Xbox One was notoriously hindered in performance compared to the base PS4 back in the day. Yeah, really curious to see that version running.

As for the game itself? A resounding "meh" is pretty much what I feel so far. The city itself is amazing at night. I kind of wish they didn't bother with a day night cycle. That city shines best at night and I almost would have accepted a permanent night setting given how amazing it looks at night. The game itself hasn't really grabbed me though. It just feels like another open world game that isn't radically doing anything new. And after a gen of open world over saturation, I'm beginning to realize just how over open worlds I actually am.
I'm running it on a base model Xbox One and it looks and runs like crap. It's functional and a lot better than any of the base model PS4 videos you'll see on YouTube, but it's not too far off. The Xbox One generation has had better feedback over PlayStation with the last gen consoles. Look at the PS4 Pro videos, they're far worse than my experience with the base Xbox One.

I have played this thing for a few hours now, and…well, it is certainly your typical modern-day, overhyped AAA video game.

After an obnoxious 5 hour update on my base PS4, I am met with god awful frame rates, pop-in, stuttering, downgraded graphics (of course), missing textures, V randomly appearing naked, a drunk map waypoint – the list goes on. Not to mention just how boring it all feels. Despite IGN waffling on about "big bushes" or whatever, the game's world feels like another lifeless open-world sandbox that sports gameplay I’ve seen a dozen times before (basically just GTA/Deus Ex with a Bladerunner 2049 aesthetic) complete with a boring story and forgettable characters. But hey! It has Keanu Reeves in it and at least you can customise your penis, right?

I feel like I just wasted £50 for a more broken, less compelling, and less stylish copy of a game you can currently get for £5 off Amazon:

View attachment 9959
Is Deus Ex Mankind Divided actually worth trying? I've considered it before but haven't bothered.

Updated Thoughts from second day playing (About 8 hours in now): Game still sucks. It was boring as hell for the first 5 hours until a critical scene took place with the main character V(won't spoil it but it has to do with the scene with Saburo). There was absolutely nothing engaging about the games story or overall vibe until that scene came up, then the game only became slightly more interesting only to fall into boredom again. Keanu Reeves popped up and it was engaging again for about 5-10 minutes and then it went back to being boring and not engaging shortly after. Johnny Silverhand isn't even an interesting edgy character, just a lame ass typical modern day video game false bravado "anti-hero" type. I'm on mission 11 or 12 I think, and after about 8 hours I have no desire to finish and stopped playing. I watched the rest on YouTube skipping everything except so called 'key moments' which was about 10 minutes of video out of another 6 hours of walkthrough style gameplay just to quench the curiosity of how this game that was stuck in development hell that ended up being over-hyped, massively under-delivered, incredibly boring game that offers nothing new or engaging will end. It's the least I could do for the spiritual successor to Duke Nukem Forever.....wait I don't want to insult Duke Nukem Forever, even though that game was bad too, at least it was functional.

Final opinion of playing Cyberpunk 2077 for 8 hours and glossing over the rest of the 'story' on YouTube: 3/10. The technical/graphical/texture issues are still a 1/10 by 2020 standards and completely unacceptable for a game to leave the studio in this condition in 2020, although its apparent they did this intentionally. Games in the late 90's didn't look or play this bad, and typically came with much less hype. No exaggeration, this may be the most over-hyped/under-delivered game of all time. It's not even passable, on any level.

Last edited:
Hey man, don’t diss Mankind Divided like that. At least the devs had the respect for the players’ time and realized it didn’t need a very big world for the content it had.

If you dare criticize it, you'll get mobbed by CD Project Red uber fanboys :)

It is sad to me how willingly shilling people have become and if you even have a remote criticism, you're now just seen as a "hater."

When did fanboyism become the new norm?
I've spent a while getting things set-up and I'm getting locked 60fps on my RTX2070s with DLSS in performance mode and RT on Ultra. Surprised how solid the game runs on PC at those specs on my PC.

Only played an hour or so thus far. Seems OK will play more to judge.

As for criticisms.... lol welcome to the over-reactive place that is the internet :p

I've spent a while getting things set-up and I'm getting locked 60fps on my RTX2070s with DLSS in performance mode and RT on Ultra. Surprised how solid the game runs on PC at those specs on my PC.

Only played an hour or so thus far. Seems OK will play more to judge.

As for criticisms.... lol welcome to the over-reactive place that is the internet :p
True, true. It is a cess-pool of over reactions on all sides :D

😂😂😂 The Last of Us 2 not looking so bad anymore.

Xbox One

PlayStation 4

I've played for 8 hours now on PS5 and my impressions swing wildly from one hour to the next. The game explains itself poorly and the UI is a clutter of multi layered , unintuitive menus with tiny text, pretty much ticking all the boxes for maximum annoyance. It's insanely buggy though, probably the most busted game I've ever played. However the game world and atmosphere of Night City is really well done and now I've polished off a few of the main missions and the characters and systems have had time to breathe, i'm definitely finding myself more interested in what's happening and the gameplay opportunities that are provided.

Deus Ex is certainly more my cup of tea though, especially in music and presentation.Cyberpunk can be both awe inspiring but also mystifyingly juvenile at times.

Back