Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Persona 3 Reload
PSN
KiddMarine1
Steam
KiddMarine

Apparently Yu-san will be a guest at Lucca Comics & Games 2023 in Italy! November 1st to 5th. Probably just to promote Air Twister, so I'm posting it in this forum, but cool all the same! Any Italian fans planing on going?

According to Wikipedia:
Lucca Comics & Games is an annual comic book and gaming convention in Lucca, Italy, traditionally held at the end of October, in conjunction with All Saints' Day. It is the largest comics festival in Europe, and the second biggest in the world after the Comiket.

Very nice!

I'm still not sure what he's doing there. Presumably Air Twister related but it's all very quiet.
Probably just a Q&A/autograph signing session I'd imagine.

VOD here:
Starts about 30 minutes in. Anyone speak Italian/Japanese? :LOL:

EDIT- Looks like the link isn't working? Try twitch dot tv slash videos/1966484517

Some guy took a picture with Yu Suzuki at the Lucca convention, told him he was a fan and in the photo Yu Suzuki shows 4 fingers. (4 fingers pointing up, not just 1:ROFLMAO:) Something is definitely going on. It is not possible that even the creator is trolling us. :LOL:

Last edited:
Some guy took a picture with Yu Suzuki at the Lucca convention, told him he was a fan and in the photo Yu Suzuki shows 4 fingers. (4 fingers pointing up, not just 1:ROFLMAO:) Something is definitely going on. It is not possible that even the creator is trolling us. :LOL:
Interesting! Got a link?

It could be nothing, of course. Just a gesture to keep pushing and showing interest in the series. But I WANT TO BELIEVE that they are cooking something behind the scenes. No one can take away my hope. :D

It could be nothing, of course. Just a gesture to keep pushing and showing interest in the series. But I WANT TO BELIEVE that they are cooking something behind the scenes. No one can take away my hope. :D
It could very well be nothing.

Although, there was that photo of Yu holding up 3 fingers a year or so before S3 was revealed...so who knows? 😄

1699194515906.png

I want to believe too. But also mind it could mean FOURty years of career. He doesn't have fourty fingers to show.

Just an adding something for completing my comments:
I truly believe he needed these public displays of love and respect for his person and his life's work. This kind of sincere warm, more uncommon every day.
I don't personally know any of the people who have been part of this but I am very grateful to them - almost as much as to Yu Suzuki himself. I think they will always carry this as positive baggage in their backpacks.

And back to believing/hopium:
Yes, it's very possible that, moved by all these shows of affection from so many, something has awakened in him to finally say something about Shenmue IV (also asking respectfully about the project is support and faith in his person) and even show four fingers in reference to it.
It is also something characteristic of him, the code or parsimonious sign open to interpretation.

Last edited:
Back