YouTube pre-roll ad trailer.

Having set up an ad campaign on Youtube before, I can say that there are a lot of variables you can control - region, target demographic, time of day, and associated keywords. So you can really fine tune who is going to (possibly) see the ad. Possibly, because once you have selected all those settings, Youtube then does some secret algorithmic shit to determine when it is actually shown within your parameters. But it could literally just be shown between 9 and 10pm to 45-year-old women in Australia who are watching videos about handbag reviews or something equally fine-tuned.

*Deep Silver's marketing team*

"So you got the Shenmue 3 advert set up, right? What demographics are we targeting?"

"Sir, we've decided we will target those aged between 36 and 37, named Fred, Wendy or Barry, who own yellow cars and are currently residing in the western Romanian village, Marginimea Sibiului. The ad will show up every 10 videos as long as they are watching between the hours of 9:12am and 9:27am and are watching tutorial videos on how to descale a kettle"

I'm so sorry to have sent you all on this quest. Hopefully the ad will show up again and we can all enjoy it. Sod's law dictates it'll go live after Shenmue 3 has been out for a month or something.

OH GOD I SAW IT!

I put my phone on to play some music then I heard Ryo's voice! It was too late to do anything but I managed to capture two screenshots !

75096923_10157445866685803_9076328814954414080_n.jpg

75226396_10157445866795803_3111179794172084224_n.jpg

SO YEAH IT'S REAL !

I'm so sorry I couldn't get more I was not expecting it on my phone !

XA2 and YouTube app.

I missed most of it but it uses the really dramatic part of the original Shenmue theme. It briefly showed Ryo and Ren together, the lady with the mirror then Ryo being held back by Shenhau offering Lan Di out. Pretty freakin cool.. Need to actually watch it properly without hammering screenshot keys on my phone!

Back