Will we see Shenmue I & II announced for Nintendo Switch?

spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Taken directly from the E3 thread is this tweet stating Shenmue is coming to Switch with announcement at E3 or TGS

Now if course it's just a rumour at this stage. How would you feel about a Switch port? Will we finally see the other versions patched?

Just means more copies of Shenmue 1 & 2 for my shelf. It would be a pretty cool thought to have both games on a tiny little cartridge though! Would they both fit on one cartridge?
How big are the carts for the switch?

What excites me most is that, if this is true, some Nintendo diehards who haven't gone for other systems may be able to experience Shenmue for the first time. Even if 3 will already be released, the more fans the better.
For some reason, I can also see that demographic getting into the series easily.

What excites me most is that, if this is true, some Nintendo diehards who haven't gone for other systems may be able to experience Shenmue for the first time. Even if 3 will already be released, the more fans the better.
For some reason, I can also see that demographic getting into the series easily.

Yup...it could even be argued Shenmue encompasses the best elements of Nintendo’s best-selling games...

There’s some clues from Shenmue III’s co-producer eluding to Shenmue I & II Switch launching alongside a Ryo Hazuki Smash DLC...

Last edited:
Looks like the guy deleted his tweet...

Yeah, there are 2 ways this could go. Either SEGA got involved and one way or another had the tweet removed, or he's gotten cold feet and tried to backtrack to protect his '100% success rate' ?

I know the whole discourse right now is the S3 delay but i'm still curious to see what comes up from these rumors.

Back