Will Shenmue IV Be Announced at The Game Awards 2021?

Will Shenmue IV Be Announced at The Game Awards 2021?

• Total voters
Geoff Keighley said The Game Awards 2021 on December 9th will feature 40-50 games with announcements being in the double-digits and that every published wants to be part of the show due to the massive success of the last one achieving 83 million viewership, last year's show featured 15 games this one will feature 25-35 more with all the Shenmue IV teases we've got and Yu Suzuki's 2021 plans what are the chances and what is your thoughts?

Last edited:
Would be great if something would show up but I seriously doubt it. I also think the game awards will be that great in general.

Keighley is the master of hyping up stuff and in the end things are not going to turn out that great. At least it has been that way in the past.

IMO announcing Shenmue 4 this year wouldn't make sense. That announcement would mesh better with the end of Shenmue anime and/or E3 or Sonys big year presentation. You want to have as many eyes and hype as possible.

As spud and the_phoenix_mirror already said, I can't see anything being announced until after the anime has aired.

Geoff Keighley said The Game Awards 2021 on December 9th will feature 40-50 games with announcements being in the double-digits and that every published wants to be part of the show due to the massive success of the last one achieving 83 million viewership, last year's show featured 15 games this one will feature 25-35 more with all the Shenmue IV teases we've got and Yu Suzuki's 2021 plans what are the chances and what is your thoughts?
Do you y'all think Shenmue IV will release in 2022 someone predicted on Twitter by using Crunchyroll's and Adult Swim's roadmap that the anime will premiere January 29 2022 so can Shenmue IV release in late 2022?

Last edited:
Do you y'all think Shenmue IV will release in 2022 someone predict on Twitter by using Crunchyroll's and Adult Swim's roadmap that the anime will premiere January 29 2022 so can Shenmue IV release in late 2022?
Road map?

Do tell? I must have missed this

It's actually quite possible we can get our. 2nd trailer of the anime at TGA2021 just like how ARK's anime got a trailer at TGA2020.
I know there's been a few on here suggesting it could happen at TGA 2021.

So when do you think Shenmue IV's release is? I predict late 2022.

The best case scenario is Shenmue 4 gets announced to be in development in 2022. Shenmue is a series that needs as much momentum and hype as possible to help it. Shenmue 4 will not release in 2022.

Shenmue IV is definitely in development I believe they are definitely under NDA so they will only give us hints but serious question lol if it's releasing 2023 when is V releasing?
I hope your right but until its confirmed I don't believe it. If we get Shenmue 5 its gonna take 8-10 years to get there IMO.

I hope your right but until its confirmed I don't believe it. If we get Shenmue 5 its gonna take 8-10 years to get there IMO.
I don't think so Yu Suzuki said Shenmue 4 will take 1.5x shorter to develop than Shenmue 3 so it's possible we can actually see Shenmue IV late 2022 I mean taken in account all the teases we've had + I bet they are under NDA want you think?

I don't think so Yu Suzuki said Shenmue 4 will take 1.5x shorter to develop than Shenmue 3 so it's possible we can actually see Shenmue IV late 2022 I mean taken in account all the teases we've had + I bet they are under NDA want you think?
I don't listen to rumors I need Yu, Cedric, Sega or etc to confirm it. Shenmue 3 had 4 years of delvopment and it still had things wrong with it. I believe Yu is gonna take his sweet time with Shenmue 4 no sooner than 4 years. Maybe a little shorter since most if the assets are in place.

Back