What Is Your Biggest Achievement In Gaming?

After having about 15 attempts at defeating a group of enemies in the latest God of War game, I finally succeeded and started to think; what is my biggest achievement in gaming? If this thread takes off I'll post a few others achievements but the one that immediately comes to mind is completing Ninja Gaiden. The last boss was a bit of a joke due to an exploit, but everything leading up to there was such a massive challenge. Credit to the game, it managed to be difficult throughout without becoming so frustrating you end up hating the game. One boss that stood out was Alma in the church. I remember beating her and thinking if I had failed, I probably would have never got past her.

I reached the killscreen in Pac-Man, and beat BLiNX: The Time Sweeper without entering the shop.

I'm yet to beat the penguin in Duck Racing.

Beating Ninja Gaiden Black, Sigma, II and Sigma II on Master Ninja, aswell as the OG Xbox game on Very Hard.

As for actual achievements on Xbox I can say completing every Sonic game (especially Sonic Free Riders) and some really nasty online stuff like qualifying for a tournament in PGR 3 or winning an 8 player race in Dirt 2 just by skill. Also remember an awesome League Race in Forza 6 where I lead the pack, got pushed out of a corner and fell behind a few cars and then still managed to catch up again an win.

Bossed a party of six Gen 10s on Titanfall for a few games playin with only two or three others who'd only just started playing (neither of em were very good but racked up some attrition points just killing grunts)

To their credit though they weren't the types to just constantly jump about using a Smart Pistol or boost around the map I'm a Stryder constantly charging up the Arc Cannon.

Was also in the world top 10 leaderboard for while for Arkham City. On the Iceberg Lounge map. Using Nightwing. Okay that's less impressive the more detail I add, but still...

Also I had a 1 sec time on Minesweeper once.

Not exactly an achievement, but at the time, I thought this was a secret I had discovered.

When playing Ocarina of Time, as young Link, walking in to the Temple of Time and discovering that I could grab the Master Sword and become an adult, man. I called all my friends and they came running over ? Little did I know (i was young) that it was actually part of the story ?

I've never really thought of gaming in that way lol... I've done so many different things I can't choose just one as my biggest. I guess beating some scrubs in MvC2 at Chinatown fair that were talking shit online was something I was most proud of...

I really got into building tracks for Trials Evolution and Trials Fusion on Xbox 360 and Xbox One respectively. My tracks have been downloaded more than a million times combined, and many of them have gotten officially recognized by RedLynx. RedLynx even offered to me to fly out to PAX East in 2014 to build a new track on the (then) unreleased Trials Fusion. I would have loved to have gone, but family life is simply too demanding. Still, they sent me a care package with lots of Trials goodies in there, including a flag, autographed by the RedLynx staff.

Despite how frustrating they can be I fucking love the Trials games! What're the names of some of your tracks, @Oregon Pacifist? Defo gonna have to download em.

You can search Track Central for the creator's name. On Trials Fusion, some of my tracks are:

Dark & Light
Asylum (or Alt Asylum for lower difficulty)
Tornado Warning!
Devil's Landing
Ruby
Aokigahara
Belize

On Trials Evolution, I've made a ton more but many were not very good, especially when I was just learning the editor. Still, I made some really cool ones. My favorites:

Swamped
Tornado! 3!
Onstage
Silent Hill:Torment
Tornado Aftermath
Pixelated
Red & Blue
Cellar Door

I'm not sure if Track Central is still available on Trials Evolution since it's not backwards compatible and I no longer own a Xbox 360. There are plenty of YouTube videos of them though!

Getting a sub 50 second fastest lap with the lancia stratos on the desert course of Sega Rally. Eventually got it own to 49.49 (I think) years later from my best of 49.71 all because my finger slipped off the accelerator on the final powerslide! Must've given the wheels a chance to get traction and accelerate :D

I can't remember a greater gaming thrill than besting a long standing lap on that game and seeing a green "-0.0?" time in the middle of the screen before allowing myself to finally blink over my dried eyeballs and careering into a wall! :ROFLMAO:

Actually beating a game. I have a bad habit of starting then quitting about halfway through. Usually with Pokemon I beat all the gym leaders and quit before the elite four.

It's hard to pinpoint my own biggest achievement, mainly because I'd usually only remember them if I get reminded recently in some way. I play games more for enjoyment, dumb fun, or story, rather than feeling accomplished.

I've beaten original Mirror's Edge twice without killing anyone. That takes a very, very concerted effort to do, as there are multiple parts where you're encouraged to either hit someone off a ledge or unload with a gun. So I guess I always felt pretty good about that.

Likewise, I remember years and years ago when I was a kid, I realized in the Shoalin temple level in Tomb Raider 2 that if you don't attack them, the monks won't attack you. But this is made really difficult, since the aiming in the original Tomb Raider games was completely automatic, meaning that Lara just aims at whatever is near (including the monks), so if you're fighting animals or enemy cultists while the monks are around you'll almost inevitably hit them too.
But somehow, I once made it through the entire level without them getting caught in the crossfire. Might have been the first time I ever just made up my own challenge in a game and kept at it til it worked (it took many tries).

Came close to beating King in Virtua Tennis 1. Not sure I ever finished Virtua Tennis 2 World Tour but it's the game I'm best at in multiplayer by far.

Beat Saber was the first rhythm game where I managed to complete each song in Expert mode (only B grade for most songs)... and then all my scores got reset once the game left Early Access :p

Getting the flawless raider trophy back in D1. I used to speed run and solo stuff all the time. After trying for months with a small fire team and failing (someone always died) I solo'd Crota with my Titan for the trophy. Bubble + Gjallarhorn for the win. After I brought his shield down and started the damage phase I realized I hadn't died and my hands started shaking lol. It got much easier once they brought out exotic swords, but I got my trophy back in year 1 House of Wolves era. I was able to help several others I played with get their final trophy for the platinum after that.

Getting the flawless raider trophy back in D1. I used to speed run and solo stuff all the time. After trying for months with a small fire team and failing (someone always died) I solo'd Crota with my Titan for the trophy. Bubble + Gjallarhorn for the win. After I brought his shield down and started the damage phase I realized I hadn't died and my hands started shaking lol. It got much easier once they brought out exotic swords, but I got my trophy back in year 1 House of Wolves era. I was able to help several others I played with get their final trophy for the platinum after that.

I have no idea what any of that means.

Back