spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Coming from Community Member Sayuhhm this is a simple virtual pet inspired game starring Chobu-Chan, the beloved mascot created by YS Net and featured in Shenmue III.

DOWNLOAD NOW!

Dojo Direct Download

Itch.Io Download Link

Features​

• Unlock three Shenmue inspired locations set in Guilin, each with unique activities and prizes.
  • Minigames including Shenmue classics Lucky Hit and Wacky-Mole as well as Super Chobu-Chan, a single screen platformer/puzzle challenge.
  • Take care of Chobu-Chan by keeping them well rested and well fed with food from Self Service Veggies
  • Earn extra money by tending to the Herb Garden.
  • Original music from George Kitchen.

Controls​

Menu Navigation [Arrow Keys] — Confirm [Z] — Back [X]— Quit [Esc] — Minigame controls in game. Resizable windowed mode only.

9vfDzF.png

You can earn XP by playing minigames, eating food, buying prizes or picking herbs. Raise XP to level up Chobu-Chan in order to unlock all three locations.

Screenshots​

7eEwDR-1024x1024.png

jvR2Z3-1024x1024.png

ihAgl-1024x1024.png

Lttn_-1024x1024.png

MGPrOo-1024x1024.png

JagFKn-1-1024x1024.png

Download Links​

Dojo Direct Download

Itch.Io Download Link

Credits​

Music by George Kitchen
'Pixel Font - 3x4' by TCartmill
'moonType' by Me
'RPG Menu Sounds' by Leohpaz
Other SFX by Me
'Chobu-Chan' Copyright © YS NET Inc. Used under non-commercial fair use. All rights reserved by their respective owners.

Made for Shenmue Day April 2024.

M%2FVu3K.png

Finished it. Brilliant game. Loved everything about it. The gameplay loop is awesome and left me wanting more. The artstyle is incredible and the game has lots of charm to it. The music is fantastic. Especially that first area. The mini games are super addictive and its very cool to see Shenmue 3 mini games incorperated into this fan project.

Everyone needs to try this, especially those that grew up in the tamagotchi era, which im assuming is 99% of us lol. Super nostalgic.

A lovely and heart filled addition to the shenmue fan game collection.

Incredible work.

Totally out of nowhere! Sayuhhm are a great community member <3 gotta wait for the MacOS version alongside Dreams of Saturn 😅

Downloading it now. Looking forward to it.

Aaaand finished! What can I say besides the fact that it is super cute and has a lot of replayability, kudos to Sayuhmm!

Switching to pc and getting this right now. Its too much cute.
Sayuhhm, you have no idea how much this fits me! Thank you very much for spoiling us, kids from yesterday. Chobuchi here I come ❤️

Back