Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown Purchase Poll

Favourite title
Shenmue
How did you consume VF5: Ultimate Showdown and the DLC pack?

It's a bit of a strange one here really, as VF5 is mainly an online title. If it was a single player/I didn't plan on playing online, then I would have just bought the game and the DLC off the store. Due to the nature of the title being heavily online/esports focused, it kinda just makes more sense to get it with PS Plus. Saying that, if they add more offline/single player stuff later, then maybe I'd let PS Plus expire and buy the game at full price. Also, if they had a physical version of the game, I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

My PS Plus had ran out like 6 months ago. I usually grab a year every E3 as they have the Days of Play sale, either that or wait for the deal that offers elapsed members to rejoin for 50% off (I don't really play my PS4 that much apart from Story focused single player games, as I mainly play on PC, and any games I buy, I buy physically). I was going to just buy VF5 for full price + the DLC, but then I'd need to grab PS Plus to play online anyway lol.

Ended up renewing a year PS Plus with the Days of Play sale just for VF5 (which lined up extremely nicely), and have grabbed the DLC too. I want to support it as much as possible really, so I will be buying any additional DLC packs that they release (I assume they will have a bunch).

Pretty much my first fighting game and have only been working my way through the tutorial and the command list so far (damn some of them are hard)! I played VF2 a bit with my older Brother on the Mega Drive when I was like 8, but don't remember much other than the awesome box art. Having a great time, and really hope that Sega wake up and give the series the proper support that it deserves going forwards.

Bought the game and DLC, and I don't even have PS Plus :LOL: I just want to support Virtua Fighter and have some fun in the (admittedly extremely limited) single player.

I think I need a stick. Landing falls is so hard with the PS4 buttons. That's been my biggest downfall in VS. matches. Whenever I try to play a more 'advanced' style I tank so hard.

Absolutely obsessed with this game even if I'm sporting a 47% win record and constantly get destroyed. There really is a flow and logic to this game that exists nowhere else. Well, maybe Tekken if I'm to believe others but I haven't played Tekken since the PSOne days.

I think I need a stick. Landing falls is so hard with the PS4 buttons. That's been my biggest downfall in VS. matches. Whenever I try to play a more 'advanced' style I tank so hard.

Absolutely obsessed with this game even if I'm sporting a 47% win record and constantly get destroyed. There really is a flow and logic to this game that exists nowhere else. Well, maybe Tekken if I'm to believe others but I haven't played Tekken since the PSOne days.

Tekken is slower than VF but it still flows fairly well. If you're going to consider anything post-PS1 Tekken I'd recommend Tag 1 and 5 on PS2, they were both great and even better than 3. If you're playing on 2005 and newer consoles I'd say Tag 2 and 6 are both better than 7 overall, but of course 7 has the online support, better graphics and is more user friendly.

Back