The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

Okay, four news scores was added

75 - the games machine
73 - spazio games
70 - eurogamer italy
60 - cg magazine

So three 70+ and one 60. But still at 69

Updating my list...

So with all things considered, our new meta is 69? Even with the added positive reviews?

Yes, and despite three new reviews of 70+ and one 60. I'm now really worried about being below 70 when it's all said and done.

A shame really, that meta score isn’t pushing any newcomers to jump in, that’s for sure.

A shame really, that meta score isn’t pushing any newcomers to jump in, that’s for sure.

Almost half of the reviewers left a positive (75+ review) and 2/3rd of the reviews are 70 and up... And yet we're still below 70 in the Metascore. It's mostly because the heavy-weighted bad score from USGamer.

I wish players visiting the Metacritic page will look at the positive reviews and deduce that most reviewers actually like the game.

Some scores are missing... EDGE, GameSpot, EasyAllies, Pushsquare. The first two weigh heavily and they're both wildcards. With some luck we can get to 71 meta... But if Gamespot and Edge both leave a 6/10 we might dip to 68 meta.

The thing about metacritic and any other website that aggregate scores about media, is that people look at both critics and users scores.

And I can tell you that to give the example of tv series, now a lot of people look more at the scores from users than critics.

I mean lets be real here, we can worry about it dipping under 70 all we want, but even if it stayed at 71 that still looks bad to the average person. Unless a flock of stellar review swarm in its probably not reaching what it really needed to get which was a 75+, like people instinctively just look past things that aren't green on there

Is Game Revolution on metacritic? They just gave us a 4/5!!

Nice! Another 8 to the collection. We're getting a lot of 8's and 7's.. Even with unfair weight we should be back to 70 ASAP

(list updated)

I mean lets be real here, we can worry about it dipping under 70 all we want, but even if it stayed at 71 that still looks bad to the average person. Unless a flock of stellar review swarm in its probably not reaching what it really needed to get which was a 75+, like people instinctively just look past things that aren't green on there

71 looks a hell of a lot better than 69 imo.

7 is bad? Where? I the 90s review system? 5 is bad, 6 is Ok, 7-8 is Good, 9 is pretty good and 10 is Perfect
yes for most things but not on metacritic, its one of the things that's really damaged how reviewing has worked since it rose to prominence but the color coding goes a long way for more niche things that don't have a hyped following. It also ended up shifting the scale massively because for movies the scale is more fair with moves i believe 61 and up getting a green color.

Its not a disaster, but its not a good look. Hell 75 isnt even anything to write home about its just somewhat better than below it. Of course games can succeed in that range, but they also don't have a mountain of negative hype of shenmue 3 has had.

Back