The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

Do we know who's reviewing for Gamespot? I think they are probably the outlet with the most weight Metacritic weight left that hasn't reviewed yet. Hopefully we can get above a 7, would really like to see the score become green, however unlikely it may seem right now.
Giantbomb too. And EDGE.

New review just came in! a 75 from everyeye.it

No idea who they are, but I'm very happy it got another green score!

EDIT. Seems their biggest critique is that the story doesn't conclude and they believe it never will. Silly reviewers doubting Yu Suzuki like that. Still though, grateful for the score!

Last edited:
I really don't think outside of easyallies we should really be counting on any more particularly good reviews as something we can bank on, not expect bad but rather expect a total toss-up, I still have no damn idea how Gamespot is gonna review it but something keeps telling me they are gonna give it a 6 like ign.

Last edited:
I really dont think outside of easyallies we should really be coutning on any more particularly good reviews as something we can bank on, not expect bad but rather expect a total toss up, I still have no damn idea how gamespot is gonna review it but something keeps telling me they are gonna give it a 6 like ign.

Well we just got a nice 75 an hour ago from a totally unknown (to me at least) reviewer. Then there is the 80 that's supposed to be there but isn't from Gaming Trends. Add a high score from Easy Allies too and possibly EDGE and PushSquare as well. Probably not enough to make the score green, but at least I'm near certain that the average will not dip below 70.

New review just came in! a 75 from everyeye.it

No idea who they are, but I'm very happy it got another green score!

EDIT. Seems their biggest critique is that the story doesn't conclude and they believe it never will. Silly reviewers doubting Yu Suzuki like that. Still though, grateful for the score!
Will these guys be included in Metacritic?

Well we just got a nice 75 an hour ago from a totally unknown (to me at least) reviewer. Then there is the 80 that's supposed to be there but isn't from Gaming Trends. Add a high score from Easy Allies too and possibly EDGE and PushSquare as well. Probably not enough to make the score green, but at least I'm near certain that the average will not dip below 70.

I don't think Easy Allies has confirmed that Huber or any other Ally is even reviewing Shenmue 3. Huber was conflicted on a recent podcast on whether it would look bad to review it since he is a backer. Please correct me if they've stated otherwise.

I don't think Easy Allies has confirmed that Huber or any other Ally is even reviewing Shenmue 3. Huber was conflicted on a recent podcast on whether it would look bad to review it since he is a backer. Please correct me if they've stated otherwise.
Someone please let Huber know that he's a backer and not an investor.

Huber is playing through the game since hes posting stuff of it on his twitter, I legit cannot imagine anyone at easy allies reviewing it instead of him cause as far as I'm aware hes the only one that even played 1 and 2.

If he has that confliction though, then I expect him to be more negative about the game's flaws than he would be for other games, so I wouldn't put it past him to give it a 3.5

Reviews thus far for PLAYSTATION 4 (because I'm bored) WIP

9+
  • 90 - IGN Japan
8+
  • 83 - 4players.de
  • 80 - Gamesradar
  • 80 - LaPS4
  • 80 - Hobby Consolas
  • 80 - VGC
7+
  • 76 - GamePro Germany
  • 75 - EveryEye.it
  • 75 - Multiplayer.it
  • 70 - Destructoid
  • 70 - IGN Spain
  • 70 - IGN Italia
  • 70 - Gameblog.fr
6+
  • 65 - Gamecrate
  • 60 - Gamespew
  • 60 - CheatCodeCentral
  • 60 - Metro GameCentral
  • 60 - VG247
5+
  • 50 - JokeVideo
4+
  • 45 - Gamers Heroes aka shitface
  • 40 - Trusted Reviews (Trusted by satan)
UNRANKED (Not on Metacritic for PS4)
  • 95 - NicheGamer
  • 85 - Gaming Trend (Metacritic-bound)
  • 82 - M! Gaming
  • 80 - Wfftech (MC-bound)
  • 80 - PSU (MC-bound)
  • 72 - Vandal (MC-bound)
  • 70 - Screenrant (PC)
  • 70 - Gamingbolt
  • 65 - 3D Juegos (MC-bound)
  • 59 - IGN America (PC)
  • 50 - USGamer (MC-bound)

Last edited:
  • 80 - Gamers Trend (Is supposed to go to Metacritic
I looked that one up, its actually an 85

Huber is playing through the game since hes posting stuff of it on his twitter, I legit cannot imagine anyone at easy allies reviewing it instead of him cause as far as I'm aware hes the only one that even played 1 and 2.

If he has that confliction though, then I expect him to be more negative about the game's flaws than he would be for other games, so I wouldn't put it past him to give it a 3.5

I know Ben Moore and Brad Ellis have both played Shenmue 1 at the very least. But you're right, if not Huber than I don't think we'll get a review from them at all.

I looked that one up, its actually an 85

Even better! Why isn't it on Metacritic then when they are listed

Even better! Why isn't it on Metacritic then when they are listed
they are specifically listed by mc as counted, its probably just need a bit of time before they add them its not like people at mc are scouring the web to find any and all reviews for it especially when this one doesn't exactly show up when you look up shenmue 3 reviews on google.

If it doesnt show up in a day or 2, then I say just send a message to writer.

Why Nichegamer is not on metacritic?

If we add those two websites, it's 71.5

Eurogamer and The sixth axis made a good review, but didn't score yet.
Polygon seems to give a red score.

Why Nichegamer is not on metacritic?

Eurogamer and The sixth axis made a good review, but didn't score yet.
Polygon seems to give a red score.

Nichegamer is controversial apparently. Never heard of them before.

Eurogamer and Polygon don't score.

WTF are you talking about. Easy allies score a ratio of 1 to 10 not 1 to 5. Are you taking the piss.

Back