The Official Gaming Music Topic

Mr. OL

Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Post music. From games.
Preferably good stuff. As in like... stuff that doesn't suck.
Only one or two per post, please. Otherwise use spoiler tags; a thousand videos on a page can slow stuff down for some.

Y'know, I listened to the music from Sega's new Fist of the North Star game, and it's good and all... but it just won't be the same without this theme.
It's like magic how KoeiTecmo took a goofy, cheesy 80s cartoon theme and turned it into such face-melting metal deliciousness.
Magic I tell you.

The final ending credits to Evolution: The World of Sacred Device, by Door (track name is Kaze ga fuku Hoshi de).
It was a Dreamcast release, with the second game bundled into a compilation for the Gamecube if I'm not mistaken.
I fell in love with this track the first time I finished the game and have been listening to it on and off ever since.

This used to be one of my favourite pick up and play games on the PS2, it's not the greatest game but it's got that fun arcade-y type of gameplay which is simple yet addictive. That's not to say this game is easy though! this game is damn difficult...

It also has a great ost, some of the tracks remind me of tracks from an early 90's Jamiroquai album. Most the tracks are quite laid back which is a counter point to what is happening on screen, and yet it works well in my view.

This might actually be my favorite vocal track in all of gaming. Off the top of my head, I really can't think of any others that I love so much. Non-licensed vocal tracks are usually a bit cringy in gaming, more often than not, but I would have fallen in love with this one even if it wasn't in a game I enjoyed. Just a great song, a unique tone, fantastic chorus.

Excuse me whilst I go obscure here. Old CDi/PC cyberpunk adventure game with an atmospheric synth piano OST. So 90s.

Some (very) old school classics

Last edited:
During the past year for my Masters degree I've had these OSTs on loop whenever I write my assignments.

Huh, I didn't realize how nostalgic I was for this soundtrack until I heard it again just now. First couple seconds hit me with the urge to go play some Jumping Flash.

Now here's a series that should make a comeback. We need more platforming and innocent fun in modern gaming.

I seriously enjoyed the soundtrack of Pokemon Sun & Moon, wich I only just played for the first time earlier this year.
It's very varied and has the highest quality music I've ever heard in a Pokemon game. This is definately home console level for the first time in the main series. Getting all sorts of vibes from the battle themes and especially area music.

And yes, this particular theme even reminds me of Shenmue.

Another old school Amiga classic :D

Best theme from Castlevania SOTN imho

Last edited:
I have adored many great soudntracks over the years but nothing and i mean NOTHING comes close to the quality of music presented in NieR.
While not even my favouite track from the game I think the transition from Choir to heavy instrumentaiton gives a good sense of what the soundtrack is like. What is also cool is that they did different variations of the themes in different languages - one being completely made up! When I think of top quality production in gaming music NieR is the first thing that comes to mind - Luckily managed to get one of the Vinly sets released last year too!

Back