Spreading the positive Shenmue III word

Oh the SEGA comment was you.

Look here http://www.segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Picture-2.png This was his original vision. This was how Ryo the 18 year old almost out of school should have looked like with modern graphics. That's how "a youth growing up through the martial arts training" would look like. Heck, you think I care about YOUR opinions much? Either of our opinions don't matter if that's what the original artist wanted. Still I'm very OK with how Ryo is in the demo. Only Ryo and Shenhua and a few misc characters. Every color Tiger is spot on. Every single one to me. Others, yes, some are better than others. Your opinions are not factual either BTW. They come from comparing with other games I did play, and they looked worse IMO. You want him to look like a 30 year old ex con with a tattoo on his back. He won't be.
I dont understand what you are here to whine about :unsure: I replied to 9dragons who said the better graphics would make the game look ugly. You are bringing a screenshot from an ancient footage from early saturn build which was never released. The picture I showed is a picture of a Ryo based on the game which was released. So clearly that is the face Yu intended Ryo to have, no? Why are you mumbling something about my opinions when you never actually addressed them? I never insisted that my opinions are factual "believe me" . If you want to argue about something, then argue about the point I made. I dont want him to look anything other than the person he was meant to be. If you cant handle valid points, then its probably better that you dont join the conversation.

Someone commented the game must not be getting much interest since barely anyone’s commented on the article. Help make the article more popular and comment!

Judging by the amount of comments, apparently not many people care about this game anymore.
I loved playing shenmue 2 back in the day but personally, these character models look like outdated ass to me, I don’t know If I can get past that and invest a serious amount of time into this

Shenmue could sell reasonably well if marketed correctly. It inspired some fairly popular series like Yakuza (arguably) and Life is Strange. These niche titles sell well in the modern era. I don’t think trying to attract Red Dead fans is the right angle. But I think attracting fans of more thoughtful indie hits is a smart move.

Someone commented the game must not be getting much interest since barely anyone’s commented on the article. Help make the article more popular and comment!
I say post YouTube videos of fights. Of martial arts training. Many will not read articles. Still they might catch a video of a tornado kick, low kick, counter elbow. I think it might do more. I'm new to screen capture, but I'm gonna do some more soon. YouTube it. You never know. Many martial arts fans never had a Dreamcast, never knew this existed. Still don't. Less villages with goofy NPCs I say. It may turn them off without even a second look. That again is just my opinion.

Heather Alexandra is great, I shared the Kotaku twitter link. Should post on it directly because I only have like 4 followers haha

Last edited:
Matthew Reynolds (@Crazyreyn) Tweeted:
So Shenmue 3 might be the real deal? The demo plays like a Dreamcast game in a modern engine and it’s exactly what I wanted from a sequel. I’m still kind of amazed it exists.

Eurogamer editor. The game
Needs this kind of press so I’m glad.

Need some love on the new Digital Foundary Tweet about the new look at Shenmue 3. Only 6 comments atm, but they are all fucking idiots ;)

You know what to do :D

Need some love on the new Digital Foundary Tweet about the new look at Shenmue 3. Only 6 comments atm, but they are all fucking idiots ;)

You know what to do :D

Done and done.

Where did she find a better Kung Fu RPG with training, with actual moves you need to learn? She's acting like there are 10 of them. Where do they see stiff? It's fast, you must now think where to try a move from, and when. It will be horrible if her article is read by too many. Oh well, she is very typical. Personally even that demo right there had things no modern games have in them. Fun mini games, actually just fun to play. There are games with lots of action that's fun but repetitive, there are ones also with good quests and a story. Even that short demo was that, but it showed 2 fun things I've not had in any modern game. I'm talking about wood chopping, and one inch punch. It's a shame people like her have this much pull. That you have to worry about what she wrote there...[/QUOTE]

Matthew Reynolds (@Crazyreyn) Tweeted:
So Shenmue 3 might be the real deal? The demo plays like a Dreamcast game in a modern engine and it’s exactly what I wanted from a sequel. I’m still kind of amazed it exists.

Eurogamer editor. The game
Needs this kind of press so I’m glad.
I was amazed how cool the new fighting engine was the most. Just needed throws via counters added. Those trailers showing him learning even more later get me more exited still.

I cannot wait until people see this game in 2 months. Just to see the reactions from people who have been so, so wrong. Even those who say, ah I am sure Shenmue 3 will be an ok game.

This game is not ok, its not sub par, its not mediocre. It's massive, detailed, and everything more than the first two games were.
Judging from the demo it sure is more. It's not perfect of course, but it does look great.

Hey guys, there is a current poll on IGN about games left in 2019 to be looking forward to. Shenmue 3 is not doing good at the moment. Let's all change this with our vote, so we can at least entice gamers to at least watch the latest trailer, the story goes on.

sketch-1573755163996.png

PS. It's in the middle of their homepage. North America page only unfortunately, but VPN can solve this problem for those who have it.

Last edited:
Hey guys, there is a current poll on IGN about games left in 2019 to be looking forward to. Shenmue 3 is not doing good at the moment. Let's all change this with our vote, so we can at least entice gamers to at least watch the latest trailer, the story goes on.

View attachment 5430

PS. It's in the middle of their homepage. North America page only unfortunately, but VPN can solve this problem for those who have it.

Voted.

5.8% isn't terrible considering it's up against Star Wars and Pokémon

Back