Sony buys Bungie for $3.6 billion

There's rumors that both Sony and MS have more acquisitions to announce.

How would you guys feel if SEGA were bought by Sony?
I hope this is not gonna happen. I am not a Sony hater, in fact I like Sony more than the present Microsoft but Sony is far from perfect. These buy outs mean death to creativity for the video industry. Sega is already a shadow of it's former self in the creativity department but they are still more creative than Sony.

If Sony buys out everything they are going to force their studios to Sonyish games. And Sonyish games won't win any award in the creativity field. Microsoft is not better by any means.

I wish these souless Mega corps would leave the smaller more creative studios alone.

But that is not gonna happen. Money wise these buy out wars make sense. The investors love them. Sony in the end is run by investors and not by gamers. So they do not care what would be the best from the gamers point of view.

I hadn't heard that rumor about Microsoft not being done scooping up studios. But I also am not shocked at all. Sony's CEO straight up said that they are not done and more major acquisitions are coming in the future.

With that said who would Microsoft or Sony buy next? Sony buying Sega just oddly fits too well for them not to do it plus it gives them a chance to hopefully revive most of their dormant IP's with some of their studios. Also getting Persona is a plus as well.

At the same time being a Sega kid who grew up during the console wars and had a Genesis first while my uncle had the nes and super NES man it would be a bizarre thing to have told my younger self.

There's rumors that both Sony and MS have more acquisitions to announce.

How would you guys feel if SEGA were bought by Sony?
I wouldn't like it. I believe MS would allow SEGA to continue releasing on multiple platforms. Especially Sonic games. Sony though, I'm not so sure.

Back