Should Shenmue IV be the final game?

What do you think if shenmue 4 was just 1 massive big game with a large budget and just end it all in IV with no high risks being it’s the last one so it doesn’t matter if it returns little profit or some profit comment down your thoughts please.

I'd like to see Shenmue end they way Yu intended it to end. I can live with the results if we come up short. If we cut more stuff and shorten the game I'll always wonder what it could've been.

Hey, I've altered your thread title to be more descriptive. Please try to be less vague with them going ahead.

I'd prefer it to be 5 games as intended but if Yu feels he can adequately wrap it up in a fourth title that would be fine. I'll still wonder what could have been but I feel it's coming to a point where beggars can't be choosers 😅 Either way, I'll support Yu's decision.

I'd prefer it to be 5 games as intended but if Yu feels he can adequately wrap it up in a fourth title that would be fine. I'll still wonder what could have been but I feel it's coming to a point where beggars can't be choosers 😅 Either way, I'll support Yu's decision.
Do you think the ending of shenmue will be controversial like game of thrones

I don’t watch or read GOT but my understanding is that the last couple of seasons were basically big budget fanfiction.

So unless someone other than Yu Suzuki produces the rest of the series I don’t see it happening the same way as GOT.

Anything can happen but I doubt his vision will waver that much. Maybe the details aren’t set in stone but the big plot points are.

Back