Shenmunity - Shenmue in Unity

Woah, that looks awesome! Have you got any plans to expand upon this? It's such a cool proof of concept.

Hey there Fishbiter, just registered to let you know that I'm really excited about your project! I'm a longtime Shenmue fan as well as a Unity tinkerer, and I really like the concept of using Shenmue assets imported from a legitimate Steam purchase for little side-stories. I'll definitely be following this thread and playing around with this myself as well.

I also appreciate how having an easy way to import and zoom around the assets allows me to more easily study the modeling styles of the artists. This era of low-poly modeling is very appealing to me, particular as it applies to Shenmue as much of the color choice and proportions are fairly realistic but the limitations of the Dreamcast and the era are taken into account in the way everything is stylized.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops further!

"FileNotFoundException: Couldn't find shenmue installation in any steam library dir"

So we cant use our DC Copy?

"FileNotFoundException: Couldn't find shenmue installation in any steam library dir"
So we cant use our DC Copy?
You can copy things from the DC folders into a Tad/tac but shenmunity doesnt look for a loose folder contents, for complete model extraction wudecon now does it for Shenmue 1&2

I missed this thread this is the first time I see it, I'm working on a shenmue fan game using unity engine , I think I'll start all over and use this mod to make a kind of shenmue zero

Shenmunity looks cool, but don't you have to ask Sega for permission to do this? i mean is this even legal? sorry but i am kinda worried after re3 got a dmca strike and thats why i want you to ask a sega representative to greenlight this.

Back