Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
TRAILER!! 📺

The first trailer for the upcoming fan game "#Shenmue: Reclaiming the Path" has just released! We are extremely excited for this new Guilin adventure releasing later this year from Dreams of Saturn creator, @GeorgeKitchen4!

Watch here:

REACTION!

Matt reacts to the stunning first trailer for #Shenmue fan game Reclaiming the Path from Dreams of Saturn creator George Kitchen.

He discusses:

✅Setting
✅Music
✅Story
✅Favourite shots

AND MORE!

#LetsGetShenmue4

Fantastic effort! Looking forward to experiencing a new story in the Shenmue universe 👌

This also has me dreaming of what these guys could do with "Shenmue III: Dreamcast Edition". It'd be a huge undertaking, of course, but if anyone can do it...🤷‍♂️

I think, even for those of us who really enjoyed S3, the thought of experiencing a version that's closer to "how it would've been on Dreamcast" (in our minds) is still extremely appealing for some reason. Obviously it wouldn't feature the VF combat system, and probably be in first-person, etc. but that's OK -- it's more about the tone, the atmosphere, etc. I can imagine a streamlined version of S3 that captures the same main plot points, but does so in a more efficient way. Combined with a tone that is less reverent and referential of the original games, with fewer anachronisms, and the Dreamcast look (already nailed in this trailer and looking stunning), it could be incredible.

Sorry, not to get too far ahead of myself...it's just set my brain off with the possibilities!

Anyway, Reclaiming the Path is looking excellent.

Jaw was dropped from start to finish! Really impressive work! Especially to hear they took the map of Baliu Village & 'Demaked' it in Dreamcast visuals is remarkable! The lack of Shenmue 4 news has started to get me down but this has cheered me back up! Can't wait!

This is all we needed Shenmue 3(and the games that follow it) to be. Who cares about modern graphics that really aren’t even that modern. This game looks amazing. I only hope it has the same Shenmue gameplay of “Do you know where I can find x?” “Go look for this person.”

This looks REALLY good! Has Sega signed off on this?? I am afraid they could come in and shut this down...
Normally SEGA don't really shut down fan-games. So hopefully not. If they do we should demand theyt tell us what they are doing with the Shenmue franchise.

Fantastic effort! Looking forward to experiencing a new story in the Shenmue universe 👌

This also has me dreaming of what these guys could do with "Shenmue III: Dreamcast Edition". It'd be a huge undertaking, of course, but if anyone can do it...🤷‍♂️

I think, even for those of us who really enjoyed S3, the thought of experiencing a version that's closer to "how it would've been on Dreamcast" (in our minds) is still extremely appealing for some reason. Obviously it wouldn't feature the VF combat system, and probably be in first-person, etc. but that's OK -- it's more about the tone, the atmosphere, etc. I can imagine a streamlined version of S3 that captures the same main plot points, but does so in a more efficient way. Combined with a tone that is less reverent and referential of the original games, with fewer anachronisms, and the Dreamcast look (already nailed in this trailer and looking stunning), it could be incredible.

Sorry, not to get too far ahead of myself...it's just set my brain off with the possibilities!

Anyway, Reclaiming the Path is looking excellent.

Third person will be in this. Can switch between the 2.

1713927102273.png

Nice 👏

Are the geometry and textures taken from S2, with lighting/shadow handled by Unity?

I assume there must be new assets made to Dreamcast-ish spec as well for Bailu, etc.? Even if a lot of them are ripped from S1/2?
Not sure I understand the questions. :)

Some areas are exactly the same as the game. Areas like Bailu, I had to do a lot of it myself as far as landscapes go. I reduced polys on Shenmue 3 assets and applied Shenmue 2 textures to them, and then adjusted the UV's until they were properly alligned.

Shazhou, the new village, is quite a bit of new geometry that I made from scratch. I created new flooring, stairs, a temple, and landscape.

Back